fftfk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Quick update on noise levels for this top. I just drove two with the soft top, changed to the hard top for winter, and drove two hours home. I decided to take some decibel measurements with both tops at 80 miles an hour. These measurements are from a hand held iPhone so definitely not a scientific approach but I think it works for a comparison.

The soft top at 80 mph averaged 87 decibels with a high of 91 with a peak frequency of 123 hz.
Ford Bronco Rampage TrailView Fastback Soft Top for 2 door Bronco -- installed first impressions & photos 1696710240881

The hard top at 80 mph measured an average of 83 decibels with a high of 89 decibels with a peak frequency of 48 hz,.
Ford Bronco Rampage TrailView Fastback Soft Top for 2 door Bronco -- installed first impressions & photos 1696710321697

The hard top was a clearly more comfortable ride from a noise standpoint. The 4 decibel avg decrease combined with peak frequency difference made it much easier to hold a conversation.

As another comparison point, listening to a podcast driving in the soft top I had my base model bronco stereo at 19 to hear the conversation. With the hardtop I was able to listen to it at 11/12 setting.
Sponsored

Zeno808

Big Bend
First Name
Zeno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I ordered the new Rampage soft top for my 2 door badlands on the 14th. Got delivered on the 17th. Packaging was pretty solid. Came in three separate labeled boxes packed into one large box.

Fast forward to yesterday, we installed the top. It took roughly 2.5 hours but that included beer breaks and we were also attempting to film an install video because there wasn’t one out yet. The install video didn’t turn out very good but we’ll see if we can work with the footage. I’ve heard install times as short as 1.5 hours. We left the soft pieces in the Florida summer sun for a couple of hours so they could stretch a little bit. Needless to say, the windows still need to stretch because holy crap what a pain to get those suckers on but we finally did it. I’m going to leave them on for about a week at least before I take them off again so they can form to the top. The windows use zippers, velcro, and friction channels to lock into place and the zippers are strong. Everything on this top seems to be high quality (stitching, sailcloth fabric, zippers, windows, etc). It’s super easy to lift the top back with one hand from the driver seat.

I’ve also partnered up with hammer built and we are doing special pricing for forum members on this top, so PM me if you are interested! We’re doing $799 for the 2dr top and $889 for the 4dr.

https://hpbuilt.shop/products/rampa...-top-4-door-black?_pos=2&_sid=4b1b5ba61&_ss=r

The only issue I’ve run into is the rear window contacts the bolts on the rear speaker pod brackets, but I am working on a solution (pic attached). We might use countersunk bolts. Somebody else said they put foam pieces over the bolts, which could also be a solution.

Pros of this top:
- easy to open and close the top
- fabric seems durable
- large rear window
- dark windows, I’d say darker than the factory hard top (maybe ~10% tint?)
- no flapping or rattling with top open or closed at highway speeds >70mph
- overhead storage pockets
- on board window storage built into the top

Cons:
- Rear window contacts speaker bolts
- wind noise is louder than factory hard top (can’t compare it to factory soft top because I haven’t ridden in one)
- interior gets HOT when left out in sun. It’s 90° here today and it took considerably longer to cool down the interior
- top doesn’t go all the way back like factory soft top or bestop

All in all, when considering install time, ease of use, workmanship/quality, and price point (I got it for around $800) I think the top was well built and worth it. Compared to Bestop, which is $1900 on their website and takes a full day to install. This is around the same price as the Bestop sun rider as well.

I haven’t been able to test the top in rain or on the trails yet but it’s almost rainy season here so I will update the post then.

have the JCR interior cargo basket and I can confirm it fits with the rear window, as long as the rack is pushed as far forward as possible with the rear seats in, pic attached

Updates: just had a gnarly rainstorm. It passes the rain test

Just took it through a brush carwash. No leaks and no damage to the top. Windows are fine, no scratches. But damn it was sketchy with the brushes, blowers, and top pressure washers (and loud af). I wouldn’t recommend it unless you’re in a pinch and I don’t think I’ll be doing it anymore.

I just posted a YouTube video review on this top. Be sure to check it out.

Ford Bronco Rampage TrailView Fastback Soft Top for 2 door Bronco -- installed first impressions & photos 1696710321697

Here is with the windows out:

Looks amazing. I finally saved up to purchase one and it seems it discontinued ? Anybody know anyone that still has the 2 door for sale? Thanks!

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks amazing. I finally saved up to purchase one and it seems it discontinued ? Anybody know anyone that still has the 2 door for sale? Thanks!
I just bought one 2/9 not even 2 weeks ago from CJ Pony Parts and now my link says page not found. Guess I might have got one of the last ones....

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

Zeno808

Big Bend
First Name
Zeno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
oh, the good and bad. wow, last time i saw it they had them for like 799 ;-(
Ya thats wat I paid, not sure it's worth $1349.

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, why was this this discontinued
I'm not sure it was but CJ Pony Parts no longer has it, I tried to find a website for Rampage but no luck. I hope it's not disco'd as that might cause issues for replacement parts if needed.

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I did have an issue with my top and reached out to support and was sent a second top and the vibration that I was experiencing continued on the second top. I really like the look, the fitment and flexibility this top has, but I would not recommend it if asked. I have tried about everything I can think of to remedy the issue but I have had no luck and at this point I get a hard pass from my wife if I try to put it back on. It’s fine for local driving, but if you drive over 2 hrs it’s rough. I went to look up their site, www.rampageproducts.com and it appears to be gone now. I really hoped this would have a homerun.

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm not sure it was but CJ Pony Parts no longer has it, I tried to find a website for Rampage but no luck. I hope it's not disco'd as that might cause issues for replacement parts if needed.
So what is you overall take after install?

Sponsored

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
So what is your overall take after install?
I haven't installed it yet, will wait until April as we get a lot of snow in March. If the website is gone they might be out of business which would suck now that I have this top! As for your review I figured it would be that way without a frame but for us it will be in safari mode all summer anyway so won't matter. I wanted a simple solid vinyl bikini top like I ran on my CJ's back in the day but nobody makes one only mesh and those are worthless when it rains. So with this one we get windows and the quick open front so should work great.

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I haven't installed it yet, will wait until April as we get a lot of snow in March. If the website is gone they might be out of business which would suck now that I have this top! As for your review I figured it would be that way without a frame but for us it will be in safari mode all summer anyway so won't matter. I wanted a simple solid vinyl bikini top like I ran on my CJ's back in the day but nobody makes one only mesh and those are worthless when it rains. So with this one we get windows and the quick open front so should work great.
Well I wanted Safari as well. The window storage it the top made it the easy choice, but I still get the vibration in Safari. I was thinking of adding some weight in the storage area to see if that would help.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I wanted Safari as well. The window storage it the top made it the easy choice, but I still get the vibration in Safari. I was thinking of adding some weight in the storage area to see if that would help.
I have a neoprene drone mat
It weighs it down well
Sponsored