First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's pretty much a one company town in terms of Bronco soft tops unfortunately. I miss the days back when I had a selection of aftermarket tops available in various styles and features for my CJs. :(
Since bestop can’t or won’t make what the public wants heck I should sew and make one myself. Unbelievable!
How can one company be so distant from the needs of its customers?

rampage was able to engineer one. Why can’t bestop?
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since bestop can’t or won’t make what the public wants heck I should sew and make one myself. Unbelievable!
How can one company be so distant from the needs of its customers?

rampage was able to engineer one. Why can’t bestop?
I've got a big roll of vinyl covered fabric, acquired years ago from a friend who was getting rid of it. And way back in middle school I got an A in sewing class, lol. I'm thinking of making my own bikini top, and if I can find out how to attach clear windows, might have a go at a non-fastback 2-door soft top.

bodean

Base
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well struck out a 2nd time. Real truck told me they had 13 in stock. Placed order. Was told I’d have in 3 days. No shipping notification…

I call them and they tell me the 13 are already paid for by some “company” and they don’t have them. So if anyone has a lead on the 2-door version please let me know. Else I’m giving up on this BS endeavor.

why would a company suddenly discontinue a product after they are popular. Not a happy camper.

@Bestop_Team please make a 2-door soft top that is better than what you have. The demand is there. Your competitors have one. Can you??!
Also patiently waiting for @Bestop_Team to release a proper 2 door soft top.

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bestop has everything I want available for the Wrangler so I called them last year since they're local here in CO. Offered to bring my Bronco in for sizing or whatever so they could make some alterations to the Wrangler stuff for the Bronco. All I got was "we have no plans to do anything other than our slant back tops we currently offer". The attitude was like why are you bothering us we offer the best products already you just don't like them.

Pathetic!

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bestop has everything I want available for the Wrangler so I called them last year since they're local here in CO. Offered to bring my Bronco in for sizing or whatever so they could make some alterations to the Wrangler stuff for the Bronco. All I got was "we have no plans to do anything other than our slant back tops we currently offer". The attitude was like why are you bothering us we offer the best products already you just don't like them.

Pathetic!
Yep. A company that doesn’t listen to its customers or potential customers is a problem. I don’t mind a fast back. What I do mind is that it doesn’t fold all the way back and sticks up top like a crunched sock.

Also, the install removal is a pain if you want to add back the hardtop for the winter. Rampage solved all those problems.

Sponsored

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have some good news for anyone wanting these tops. After escalating to the Real Truck regional manager - I went full on male Karen - I was able to get them to resolve their strange issue where the 13 shown as in stock were ghost items/not available.

They now have the 13! My order is shipped and on the way. Wallet a little lighter but mood better.

Cajun Czar

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have some good news for anyone wanting these tops. After escalating to the Real Truck regional manager - I went full on male Karen - I was able to get them to resolve their strange issue where the 13 shown as in stock were ghost items/not available.

They now have the 13! My order is shipped and on the way. Wallet a little lighter but mood better.
Do you have a name I can drop ! Plus how much did you pay?

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you have a name I can drop ! Plus how much did you pay?
I don’t get anything/reference or anything lol but my name is Paul. So maybe they will hook me up 🤷🏻‍

managers name was Mike holsomback at RealTruck

ugh $1349.

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just put mine back on after being in the hardtop for 5 months. Still as good as new. Should be on for the entire summer, unless my boss tells me to get the hard top out of the shop 😁 :ROFLMAO:
Once the rain is no longer a threat on weekends here in SoCal, windows come off. For the price it was before Real Truck bought them, its well worth it. Cant compare it to the Bestop as I have not seen one in person, but it looks a heck of a lot better (obvious personal opinion). My rivnuts fit just fine. No real issues if you need to slightly enlarge the hole, just get to the right size and slap a little touch up paint.

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just put mine back on after being in the hardtop for 5 months. Still as good as new. Should be on for the entire summer, unless my boss tells me to get the hard top out of the shop 😁 :ROFLMAO:
Once the rain is no longer a threat on weekends here in SoCal, windows come off. For the price it was before Real Truck bought them, its well worth it. Cant compare it to the Bestop as I have not seen one in person, but it looks a heck of a lot better (obvious personal opinion). My rivnuts fit just fine. No real issues if you need to slightly enlarge the hole, just get to the right size and slap a little touch up paint.
how hard is it in your opinion to swap the soft top for the hard top? I’ll be needing to do this summer and winter…so 2x a year…

Sponsored

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Love it. But mine will be promptly returned if the rivet nuts don’t fit. I will absolutely not drill even a small amount into my brand new sheet metal. I’d rather live without. I’m hoping that it fits…

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

how hard is it in your opinion to swap the soft top for the hard top? I’ll be needing to do this summer and winter…so 2x a year…
Hard top is less than 5 minutes to remove or install, even the first time. Rampage is probably less than 15 minutes to remove once its all set up, less than 30 to install subsequently. All the brackets for the Rampage need to be removed if you want to put the hardtop on, 2 factory brackets needs to be removed to install the Rampage (2 door anyway). I use all but 4 factory bolts to install the Rampage. I dont doubt the quality of the supplied hardware, but using the factory TP bolts is just preferred for me.

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hard top is less than 5 minutes to remove or install, even the first time. Rampage is probably less than 15 minutes to remove once its all set up, less than 30 to install subsequently. All the brackets for the Rampage need to be removed if you want to put the hardtop on, 2 factory brackets needs to be removed to install the Rampage (2 door anyway). I use all but 4 factory bolts to install the Rampage. I dont doubt the quality of the supplied hardware, but using the factory TP bolts is just preferred for me.
Thanks. Hoping removing the soft top 2x a year will hold up

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I swapped back to my ht yesterday and it was less than an hour for me the complete swap. I have the smarter things ht lifter and love it. My kid tried to help me take off the top early on and struggled. For an ~$4k replacement it was a no brainer and I can do it all myself and hear no moaning or bitching.… As stated before any trip over a few hours can be hard to listen to the rampage so I do swap them from time to time depending on what I have planned for my trip.

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just got the top today! Gonna wait until a warm day to try to install. I have two questions:

1) the rear tailgate bracket that goes through rear window tunnel to give the tailgate door a seal…when removing and stowing the rear window, do you have to take out this plastic bracket from the window and store it somewhere?

2) I didn’t quite understand the riv but process. The havoc site shows him partially closing the jaws of the tool then backing off the rib nut. How much do you back it off before installing? This is one step I don’t want to mess up? How hard do you press the jaws together?
Sponsored