Sponsored

Rant: When will overpriced accessories stop?!

AlexInNY

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 428; Grand Wagoneer; MB 230E; Pacifica
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It won't change. The Bronco is a new enthusiast vehicle. Accessories are 99% wants, not needs. You want it? You are going to pay. Chinese crap will soon be flooding the market so be careful what you wish for.
I thought people were happy with Mabett’s stuff which is coming from China. It seems like forum members are highly appreciative of his attentiveness and have vouched for the quality, attention to detail and customer service. For god’s sake he’s redesigned a plastic storage tray for the center arm rest console several times just because forum member’s have asked. Just because it doesn’t come from America doesn’t mean it’s bad.
Sponsored

Last edited:

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is absolutely ridiculous.. I've said it before and will say it again... When will People stop paying companies a outrageous sum for parts that shouldnt cost more than 50$? Point being these:

https://www.rtrvehicles.com/products/rtr-foot-rests-21-bronco-all

I got all excited for foot rests then saw the price 170$ get the f*%# outta here. IT'S A FOOT REST. Rugged ridge will have a set out soon if not now for a quarter of that price.🙄
This one Is probably branding. However, I've seen it on other products and it grinds my gears eventually I forsee it killing the aftermarket, but then again an idiot is born everyday. Rant over 🙂
But they do have "tactical styling" which must be what justifies the premium. :oops:

AlexInNY

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 428; Grand Wagoneer; MB 230E; Pacifica
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

But they do have "tactical styling" which must be what justifies the premium. :oops:
I was just about to take a jab at this too in my last post but then I was like wait, maybe too many people would get offended.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is absolutely ridiculous.. I've said it before and will say it again... When will People stop paying companies a outrageous sum for parts that shouldnt cost more than 50$? Point being these:

I got all excited for foot rests then saw the price 170$ get the f*%# outta here. IT'S A FOOT REST. Rugged ridge will have a set out soon if not now for a quarter of that price.🙄
This one Is probably branding. However, I've seen it on other products and it grinds my gears eventually I forsee it killing the aftermarket, but then again an idiot is born everyday. Rant over 🙂
No better example than these tow shackles from archetype racing, one of our beloved b6g sponsors. We had people here lining up to pay $425 for something that should be $25.
https://archetyperacing.com/products/ar-s-i-t-h-bronco-modular-bumper-shackles

I’m all for buying American when I can and supporting our b6g sponsors, but I’m not gonna just bend over. That little plastic piece for the steering rack from bronco buster is another good example. I understand that the r&d was costly to come up with that solution, but it’s just a small piece of nylon.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cost is a huge part of why I try to build as much of my own stuff as possible.
I hear ya! Just getting started on the floor... Should have it wrapped up this weekend.
Ford Bronco Rant: When will overpriced accessories stop?! 20220523_105114
Ford Bronco Rant: When will overpriced accessories stop?! 20220507_133619

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are more a society of buyers than builders. There used to be some pride in built not bought, but that has changed.

OP
OP
Ig_bronco

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No better example than these tow shackles from archetype racing, one of our beloved b6g sponsors. We had people here lining up to pay $425 for something that should be $25.

I’m all for buying American when I can and supporting our b6g sponsors, but I’m not gonna just bend over. That little plastic piece for the steering rack from bronco buster is another good example. I understand that the r&d was costly to come up with that solution, but it’s just a small piece of nylon.
Personally I think the shackles need more picatinny rails and I'd be all in. 😂😂

OP
OP
Ig_bronco

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I called em out on it on IG. I said they were high on their own supply...a few weeks later they responded to me that apparently they can't keep em in stock and they're flying off the shelves...$425 for shackles...GTFO

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@WuNgUn

Ford Bronco Rant: When will overpriced accessories stop?! 729C9E95-DD84-49E1-BA53-A9B9472CECA9

Here’s a piece I recently did for my truck… however I no longer have a use for since I traded the truck in on the Bronco last Friday… lol

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

That's easy.....as soon as people stop paying outrageous amounts of ADM for their Bronco's.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

chancewm

Outer Banks
First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What I like best is this product is designed so you can "show boat" with your doors off. That's an incredibly uncomfortable position to have your leg in, if you're doing that your doing it out of spite. It's like "ape hangers" on a motorcycle. Some people just have to say"look at me" no matter how uncomfortable they actually are.
Eh, I don't agree with this. As a long-legged individual, it's super comfortable (and fun) to set my left foot on the running board while driving doorless.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base

I think the slogan is:
"Get in the zone... Autozone."
Also"
"O O O O'Reilly Autoparts"
Sponsored