Sponsored

Raptor Golden Ticket Holder Questions - can dealers require additional deposit? Can you switch dealers?

brontosaurusrex

Raptor
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is my first post on the forum, but I have been reading for a very very long time.

I got my golden email, but have a couple questions after speaking with my dealer.

Are dealers allowed to require an additional deposit for an order?

Can you switch dealers if they want more than MSRP?
Sponsored

MileHighRaptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor (allocation confirmed)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is my first post on the forum, but I have been reading for a very very long time.

I got my golden email, but have a couple questions after speaking with my dealer.

Not a hand-raiser here, I'm getting regular allocation. My deposit is 5K but I'll take it as I'm getting MSRP.

Seventyfouronthefloor

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, LUBR, Chrome Yellow, 2016 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Also, per my dealer, Ford has a new policy instituting a lifetime ban on ordering any new Ford vehicle if a golden ticket holder re-sells a Bronco Raptor within one calendar year of taking possession of the title, regardless of circumstances such as an unplanned financial hardship.

So if god forbid you have to sell, don’t put it out there on the world wide web.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, per my dealer, Ford has a new policy instituting a lifetime ban on ordering any new Ford vehicle if a golden ticket holder re-sells a Bronco Raptor within one calendar year of taking possession
I would like to see a source on that more than a just "my dealer said."

OP, many dealers required additional deposits when ordering Broncos. I don't see the BRaptor being any different and it is entirely up to the dealer. Just make sure that any deposit is refundable.

Also, it has not been confirmed that golden ticket holders can transfer their BRaptor allocation to another dealership. I, however, highly doubt that Ford is going to re-open Pandoras box and allow that to happen as we have been down that road and know how it ends.

Lucky

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 OB Sasquatch V6 2-Door AMB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I would like to see a source on that more than a just "my dealer said."

OP, many dealers required additional deposits when ordering Broncos. I don't see the BRaptor being any different and it is entirely up to the dealer. Just make sure that any deposit is refundable.

Also, it has not been confirmed that golden ticket holders can transfer their BRaptor allocation to another dealership. I, however, highly doubt that Ford is going to re-open Pandoras box and allow that to happen as we have been down that road and know how it ends.
Would like to see a source too, but it’s important to remember the golden tickets are people who have been waiting since 7/13 and 7/14 and these appear to be allocations outside of the dealerships’ earned allocation. So the allocation is at least just as much the customer’s as it is the dealer’s. This is unlike other Bronco reservations, so maybe different this time.

Sponsored

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Based on the orders at a dealership they were rewarded X golden ticket allocations and those allocations went by, apparently, order time stamp. Some variation has occurred based on reports but more or less that is how it went.

The allocation is part Dealer part Customer. I would suspect that if your dealer is asking for a "low" ADM Ford isn't going to let you transfer. If your dealer tries to tack on 25K ADM then I think Ford may step in.

I also wouldn't be surprised if March Raptor allocations aren't released to dealers until the Golden Tickets all have their orders placed for two reasons. One it lets Ford know how many Raptors they need to make, and how many more they can sell. Two it is leverage to keep dealers from screwing Golden Ticket holders with ADM by having the ability to threaten withholding future allocations.

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Dealers have been allowed to get additional deposits. The idea is that if you back out, it could hurt their future allocation status, and a deposit helps reduce the risk.

Then again.... There are many dealers not forcing large deposits and not charging any type of ADM too.... Its really all over the place.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Based on the orders at a dealership they were rewarded X golden ticket allocations and those allocations went by, apparently, order time stamp. Some variation has occurred based on reports but more or less that is how it went.

The allocation is part Dealer part Customer. I would suspect that if your dealer is asking for a "low" ADM Ford isn't going to let you transfer. If your dealer tries to tack on 25K ADM then I think Ford may step in.

I also wouldn't be surprised if March Raptor allocations aren't released to dealers until the Golden Tickets all have their orders placed for two reasons. One it lets Ford know how many Raptors they need to make, and how many more they can sell. Two it is leverage to keep dealers from screwing Golden Ticket holders with ADM by having the ability to threaten withholding future allocations.
Do you think they will build all the golden ticket Raptors in one run over the course of 3-4 days, or spread them out over the rest of the year?

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Do you think they will build all the golden ticket Raptors in one run over the course of 3-4 days, or spread them out over the rest of the year?
I don't know how many opted in but I would think over the first 3-4 months. They are still going to push VIP and media orders in along with the Golden Tickets. I would imagine they would schedule a few days a month, or maybe up to a week, and dedicate that to Raptor builds to help reduce the amount of different parts sitting on the production line. I will admit though I haven't worked in this type of assembly before, I've only worked in mass food production, so someone with auto experience probably has a better idea of how they'll do it.
Sponsored