First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'80 911SC, '22 Raptor, & '22 R1T
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
take the bronco...just be ready to strop for gas a LOT. 250 mile range sucks out west.
At least the fill ups are faster and easier to locate than for the R1T ⚡ :). But yeah, this thing does chug gas.
Sponsored

NinjahGoose

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Raptor all the way. It's built to be driven and loved. Why are you dropping the R1T from the garage?

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took my Bronco on a trip last spring, 720 miles each way. It was comfortable and effortless. Not quite the road tripper that my Crown Victoria was but I'd do it again without hesitation.

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, Subaru Forrester, Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Actually, I would let the teenage kids decide. If they do decide on the Raptor, then I would schedule in some off road time
And if they say they want to ride in the mini van I would sit them down and have a serious conversation about their life choices

Use it, enjoy it, stack the miles on it, get your money's worth.

It's all fleeting moments in time, if given the choice in how I spend those moments, especially on long road trips, I would take the option that is the least practical but offers the most smiles. I never take road trips in my daily drivers for this reason.
This was very well said and made me very happy to read. To all the people who want me to sell the truck and get a few extra thousand dollars, this is exactly why I don’t!

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having made it coast to coast from NC to CA in my 76 I think your Raptor will make it :unsure:

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You mean like a pavement road trip? I'd instead pick something designed to excel on pavement. I'm a long time open top 4x4 owner and love the genre, but I don't get the alure of driving them on pavement. Most of the key functionality has little or no use on pavement, and some of the design elements, are the opposite of what you'd design into a vehicle for long pavement trips. Unless you're planning on driving long distance to some off-road trail locations, then let her role.
I swear, the poseurs man….. :rolleyes:

I’ve stopped trying to understand or talk logic with them and just get called mean on the forum, but the dilution of our off-road culture that causes scarcity and increased prices is just wild.

I don’t even mind the overcrowded fire roads and campsites, because at least they’re out there trying to do something in nature, so I’m fully supportive no matter how misguided they may be at times; it’s just because they are new and learning most of the time.

Almost view this thread as trolling just baiting guys like us to respond, so we do, because while I‘m sitting here drinking my beer or whiskey….. why the hell not?

Geez. :cautious:
Sponsored