Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I was a bit surprised how much larger the Raptor is compared to Badlands (with Sasquatch)

Ford Bronco Raptor v Badlands size comparison IMG_5014

Ford Bronco Raptor v Badlands size comparison IMG_5018

Ford Bronco Raptor v Badlands size comparison IMG_5015
Sponsored

Diller

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 F250, 2012 Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure about the actual diameter of the 37" BFG's, but the 35" Goodyears are actual about 34". I put 35" Nitto MT's on my SAS Badlands and it was a noticeable difference.

FloridaBurgBronco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Basically the footprint of a full size.
Full sixe what though, I mean the current Bronco 2 door is slightly larger than the original Bronco right, but smaller than the F-150 derived version.

Sponsored

Boostedblues

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2011 F-250, 2004 Ranger 2016 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Bronco Raptor is cool but not $40k more cool than a fully loaded Badlands or Wildtrak. we had a raptor come out to one of our trail rides and couldn't do the harder trails because it was too wide and couldn't get between t huge rocks. that being said, I still love a good raptor.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As Montana said it. Rubbermaid or that is bigger tires and flares make it look bigger. And a little lift.

FloridaBurgBronco

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 XLT HDPP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco Raptor is cool but not $40k more cool than a fully loaded Badlands or Wildtrak. we had a raptor come out to one of our trail rides and couldn't do the harder trails because it was too wide and couldn't get between t huge rocks. that being said, I still love a good raptor.
100% what you said, super cool, not $40K more cool and while I didn't witness it, many with the local club saw had one involved in a ride with an experienced off roader and they had similar issues, likely because of size.

Sponsored

Boostedblues

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2011 F-250, 2004 Ranger 2016 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

100% what you said, super cool, not $40K more cool and while I didn't witness it, many with the local club saw had one involved in a ride with an experienced off roader and they had similar issues, likely because of size.
The obsticle is kinda hard to explain. But the raptor would have never fit. We even measured the obstacles and the raptor before we even went out to the trail. I only had a few inches before the rocks got into my tires and doors. It wasn't something you could just go around or go over. I can sure as hell have a bad ass bronco build with 40k to play with

ThatWilsonGuy

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Raptor | 23' BL SAS | Sport FE (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

There is more going on than just rubbermade. It was quite interesting to look at all the little differences. One of the most interesting is how much of the additional width is in the fenders. It's also interesting how squatty the SAS looks due to the 35s being the same width as the 37s.

Ford Bronco Raptor v Badlands size comparison Screenshot_20231113_171843_Chrome

As far as the Raptor being worth the money, it's all relative. There are diminishing returns like anything that involves moving further into a premium niche. That being said, upgraded engine, trans, suspension, tires, chassis, seats, dash all add up to enough to justify the cost. Add to that the cohesive development of a complete product and resale value vs other trims as icing on the cake.

Is all but a fraction of a fraction of Bronco owners going to get $40k more, fun, or $40k more used capability? Probably not.

Having a Badlands and a Raptor confirmed both choices. To me the Raptor is worth it for those who want it but at its core, the Bronco is a great machine that delivers 90% of fun, even in Base Spec.

OP
OP
Bschurr

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Not sure about the actual diameter of the 37" BFG's, but the 35" Goodyears are actual about 34". I put 35" Nitto MT's on my SAS Badlands and it was a noticeable difference.
Yup - The BFGs are closer to 36 than 37…

3People1Body

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F150 and Taurus.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Now the Goodies are 34"? Love Nitro math.
The YouTube Nitro guys are so funny too.. even though KO2's have won the Baja 1000, they are crap?? 😂
Nitro or die!
Sponsored