Backwater

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GMC duramax
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looking for educated opinions, not Rough Country sucks.....

I have purchased both the RC 5" diff drop/knuckle lift kit, and also the Eibach 4" Coilovers, and trying to decide which ones to install, and send the other back.

This bronco will be driven by the wife 95% of the time, and may only see light trails. On road comfort is way more important than off road capability.
We have a highly modified RZR for our serious off roading.

I have 37X12.50R22 tires with -19 offset wheels.

Which kit would you install, and why?
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Both lol! Take the diff drop, UCA’s, spindles and track bar relocate front the RC kit. Put the 4” coil overs on and throw out the spacers.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are looking for on road comfort I would install the Eibach's and return the RC kit. Those Eibachs will ride a lot nicer than stock OBX coilovers with screwed up geometry. You are probably going to want to add a set of UCA's and an adjustable rear track bar or relocate kit too. Also, I would think the 37's with -18 offset will rub and you may want to consider a positive offset or 00 at the most. Finally, ditch the baller 22's for something that allows for more sidewall if you are truly after comfort, maybe some 18's if you really need some flash.

OP
OP

Backwater

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GMC duramax
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Both lol! Take the diff drop, UCA’s, spindles and track bar relocate front the RC kit. Put the 4” coil overs on and throw out the spacers.
I'm open to using both, but wouldn't the coilovers need to be the exact same length as the stock ones plus the spacer? Also the RC kit doesn't come with UCA's

Sponsored
OP
OP

Backwater

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GMC duramax
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you are looking for on road comfort I would install the Eibach's and return the RC kit. Those Eibachs will ride a lot nicer than stock OBX coilovers with screwed up geometry. You are probably going to want to add a set of UCA's and an adjustable rear track bar or relocate kit too. Also, I would think the 37's with -18 offset will rub and you may want to consider a positive offset or 00 at the most. Finally, ditch the baller 22's for something that allows for more sidewall if you are truly after comfort, maybe some 18's if you really need some flash.
-Why do you assume the geometry will be screwed up?
-There are many 5" kits running with more offset than -19, and 37's.
-Keeping the 22's. 17", and 18" are for crawlers, and boomers... :)

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
-Why do you assume the geometry will be screwed up?
-There are many 5" kits running with more offset than -19, and 37's.
-Keeping the 22's. 17", and 18" are for crawlers, and boomers... :)
That last part is just so off. Anything over 18" is just awful.
Money can't buy taste.

This post was edited so that I didnt get banned for how I really feel.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Eibach have been shipped, anxiously waiting on them to arrive so that’s my vote. All speculation at this point but I would think they would ride better on and off-road and they’re adjustable, unlike the RC. You will need UCA and I would get rear links too, but that’s just me. As far as the wheels go, since that seems to be a hot topic… it’s your bronco and money, do whatever you want.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ok I went and looked at the kit. IF you return the RC, you will want strongly (I strongly) suggest need new UCA’s going more than 3” of lift in the front. Yes get an adjustable track bar your going to need it. I’m a fan of lowering the front Diff going higher than 2 1/2” but that’s my choice to try and have a good angle on my CV joints. Which are already stressed with my non sas with 37” tires. I’ve got to say my 3 1/3” RC lift rides amazing. I’m going to ride out the stock shocks and spacers for now and when I can upgrade to new coilovers of the same length as what I have now and keep the UCA’s drop diff and track bar relocate in tact.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Backwater

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GMC duramax
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok I went and looked at the kit. Return the RC, you will want strongly suggest need new UCA’s going more than 3” of lift in the front. Yes get an adjustable track bar your going to need it. I’m a fan of lowering the front Diff going higher than 2 1/2” but that’s my choice to try and have a good angle on my CV joints. Which are already stressed with my non sas with 37” tires. I’ve got to say my 3 1/3” RC lift rides amazing. I’m going to ride out the stock shocks and spacers for now and when I can upgrade to new coilovers of the same length as what I have now and keep the UCA’s drop diff and track bar relocate in tact.
Thanks for your reply. What exactly makes you say to send back the RC kit? What are your concerns?

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Both of our Broncos have the RC 3,5” lift rides great no complaints. Have been airborne and trail ridden many miles with zero problems.
Thanks for your reply. What exactly makes you say to send back the RC kit? What are your concerns?
Sorry I went back and edited. I meant to say if you return the RC. Then You have to piece together the UCA, and track bar situation.
I like our RC setups they ride great!
Sponsored