Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Installed yesterday. 3 things to note

1. After doing install the previously recommended ways, and messing up my alignment, i recommend this method

2. Buy bigger washers for the tire carrier bolts that better match the flanged ford bolts you remove. (As mentioned in other thread) https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...nt-installed-fastener-issue.25656/post-897285

3. If you have a 35 in tire i heavily recommend a support. Any brand, just get one. The tire is VERY heavy and the tailgate itself weighs nothing. I would have thought there was internal bracing but no. I wouldn't rely on the sheet metal to hold a tire. What pushed me over was seeing the Raptor come stock with one

Ps,
a.) I also used blue thread locker on the installed bolts to match what the removed ford bolts had.

b.) i did apply ppf to the tailgate where the new support meets the paint

c.) I do like the body painted ones better. Might buy a 2nd support to have painted while i drive with the current one. I thought about painting before install, but i didn't want to be driving long without support. Having dealt with tailgate issues with the 88 bronco, I'll do anything to avoid problems from forming
Sponsored

Last edited:

Freedom5

Badlands
First Name
Freedom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Classic mini cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did just the reinforcement plate. Nothing else. I added a brake light extension braket for my 37s.

Ford Bronco RC Tailgate Reinforcement Questions 20221119_091130