Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for updating the photos. It helps a lot but I’m still not sure which is best for us.

We are in VT with tight trails. My biggest concern is sliding sideways into tree trunks and boulders. Does the 20 degree option stick out enough to protect the door sides? Of course we will take of the doors when possible, but that’s not always the case.
“Is X enough” is a difficult question for brands to answer due to the wide variability of life on the trials.

This is how I see it. I should say I’ve not been able to see the Bronco version in person yet but my brother from another mother has them on his Lexus.

- with tread plate will make a better step
- should stick out a tiny bit further
20°
- will clear more rock before contact is made

So really it comes down to what you want. Either way trail damage to doors in an off camber situation is always possible. However I’m confident that RCI’s sliders will take abuse for years without complaint. Just hit them with a rattle can every fall and keep on sliming.

I plan to order the 0° w/ tread plate for my 2door as soon as they are available.

good luck!
Sponsored

OP
OP
RCI Offroad

RCI Offroad

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4Dr. 1st Edition, 2022 Badlands 4Dr.
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
“Is X enough” is a difficult question for brands to answer due to the wide variability of life on the trials.

This is how I see it. I should say I’ve not been able to see the Bronco version in person yet but my brother from another mother has them on his Lexus.

- with tread plate will make a better step
- should stick out a tiny bit further
20°
- will clear more rock before contact is made

So really it comes down to what you want. Either way trail damage to doors in an off camber situation is always possible. However I’m confident that RCI’s sliders will take abuse for years without complaint. Just hit them with a rattle can every fall and keep on sliming.

I plan to order the 0° w/ tread plate for my 2door as soon as they are available.

good luck!
Any update on them for the two doors?
they are designed and we will be building the prototype approximately 1st or 2nd week of January. Hope to have them launching by the end of Jan, and i will be sure to have a special on them when they launch for all you who are patiently waiting. ;)

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered my 4dr powdercoated, 20 deg with tread today :) Only took me a year to decide but these I like the best and many other brands/models came on to market since then.

wade65

Badlands
First Name
Wade Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 1965 Mercury Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same here. Months of waffling back and forth and I just ordered about three weeks ago.
Hoping my wife thinks they are steps I bought just for her so she might complain less when I get around to a lift.

Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do these double as a rock slider and a running board? i.e. can you use these as a side-step too? Thank you.

EGSquatched

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2dr Base Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Getting excited to order them for my 2dr soon.

BodhiMac

Black Diamond
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

EGSquatched

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2dr Base Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m indifferent on that as I don’t want something that could hold water/debris for potential rust issues down the road. I’ve seen some people paint the pinch weld black and it looks good.

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have both the pinch weld covers and the zero degree rock sliders.
They are VERY beefy and solid. They work as steps just fine, plus, you don't have to worry about where you park at all. If someone "hits" you, they're going to dent their door on the rock slider.

Took me about 30 minutes to set everything up for the driver's side and do the install. Took about 10 minutes to do the passenger side.
Of note: When you're installing the carriage bolts on the passenger side, they need to be installed from the outside in, not inside out. The fuel tank is in the way and you can't get them in from the inside out.

I love them!

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ordered my 4dr powdercoated, 20 deg with tread today :) Only took me a year to decide but these I like the best and many other brands/models came on to market since then.
Post pics once you get them installed! I'm looking to order the same style.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Post pics once you get them installed! I'm looking to order the same style.
Will do but could be a while. All the pics posted on this thread convinced me