Sponsored

RCI Off Road Full Length Roof Rack - Anyone using it?

Dino171

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 BMWs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hello,

Has anyone seen the RCI roof rack? I ordered the factory roof racks as part of my build as I feel the roofline is too flat and the rack adds to the overall look. The downside is it must be removed to access 2nd row hard top panel. This rack allows both front and 2nd row panels to be removed while in place. Love that.

Anyone have it installed and willing to share pics and thoughts on quality and function?

https://rcimetalworks.com/product/full-length-roof-rack-21-present-bronco/

Thank you,
Sponsored

OP
OP

Dino171

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 BMWs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just found info on forum. I should have searched first. I know better lol! Still love to see more pics and hear thoughts.

Thanks

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP

Dino171

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 BMWs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks amazing. Any increase in wind noise from the rack? Have you removed side filler pieces to access roof panels yet?

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks amazing. Any increase in wind noise from the rack? Have you removed side filler pieces to access roof panels yet?
Old post but in case you never got any info - I’m running this on my 4 door Wildtrak And love it. A very very small amount of increased wind noise but it could also be because I don’t run the side panels at all just for convenience of taking the roof on and off when we feel like it. Getting the roof panels off the first time was a bit of a learning experience but once you get the proper technique down it’s easy. Just a tight fit.
Ford Bronco RCI Off Road Full Length Roof Rack - Anyone using it? BEB2014E-487C-422D-83FE-B826B66FE9A1

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Old post but in case you never got any info - I’m running this on my 4 door Wildtrak And love it. A very very small amount of increased wind noise but it could also be because I don’t run the side panels at all just for convenience of taking the roof on and off when we feel like it. Getting the roof panels off the first time was a bit of a learning experience but once you get the proper technique down it’s easy. Just a tight fit.
Ford Bronco RCI Off Road Full Length Roof Rack - Anyone using it? BEB2014E-487C-422D-83FE-B826B66FE9A1
I have one on order. Should have it in a couple of weeks. I noticed you dropped down the fairing enough to cover the mounting locations and follow the window line perfectly. I was hoping to accomplish that myself. Any tips?

Have you removed the entire front section yet and ran just the rear cap section? It’s one of their selling points and I am wondering how easy it is to do on a semi-regular basis.

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have one on order. Should have it in a couple of weeks. I noticed you dropped down the fairing enough to cover the mounting locations and follow the window line perfectly. I was hoping to accomplish that myself. Any tips?

Have you removed the entire front section yet and ran just the rear cap section? It’s one of their selling points and I am wondering how easy it is to do on a semi-regular basis.
So interestingly enough the front mounts that came with mine appear to have been redesigned since I got mine and I just haven’t followed up to get the new set yet. I believe there were a few issues people were running into that they fixed. When I first installed the front mounts (as per the directions) the front fairing was around an inch above the windshield and looked fine but developed this horrendous wind-flutter any time I would exceed 57 mph and would last until I dropped to below 45 (like clockwork). I discovered that it was due to the front fairing not making enough contact with the front of the vehicle (there’s a rubber strip that lines the bottom of the fairing where it makes contact) so I modified the front mounts a bit in order to be able to slide them down far enough to firmly press the fairing against the rubber strip/vehicle. It fixed my issue and hasn’t been a problem since. It actually reminds me I’m going to reach out to RCI and see about getting some updated mounts.. thanks!
As for removing the front half and running only the rear - I’ve never personally done it but I don’t see why you couldn’t. The two rear mounts on each side should keep it nice and secure to the vehicle w/o the front part. Should just take a 10mm socket and about 5 mins.. the way the front half meets the rear half w/ the angled joint the front half comes off first above the rear.. hence why when you install it you have to do the rear part first. Maybe I’ll try it out some time when I get the new front mounts although we pretty routinely mount stuff up there that uses both sections.
Overall I’m very pleased with the functionality and appearance and would buy it again if given the chance. FAR superior to my friends’ junky Trailrax

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@V1Rotate - yes, I’m interested to see what the new front mounts accomplish.

There is a lack of content and customer experience on this rack - but, it seemed to check all of the boxes for me and the price was right - especially with the tax sale.

I’ll be sure to post my experience and fitment once it’s mounted. I’m currently looking for a cargo box that will make the most use out of the rear section - if not using our GFC Superlite - it would be nice to take the front section off. Gain full roof removal capabilities/open air - and be able to haul additional gear.

doyouglas

Black Diamond
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

FAR superior to my friends’ junky Trailrax
I'm in the market for a roof rack and RCI and trailrax are at the top of my list. Why do you say RCI is superior over the trailrax besides the pricing? I'm curious.

Allenm7

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered over a month ago. Still waiting for my Rci roof rack but I’ve been disappointed by their customer support. I emailed asking questions before I purchased and no response. I emailed last week asking for an update on my order and no response. Has anyone else had trouble getting ahold of Rci?

Sponsored

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm in the market for a roof rack and RCI and trailrax are at the top of my list. Why do you say RCI is superior over the trailrax besides the pricing? I'm curious.
Both of my buddies with trailrax have rusty hardware after 2 months and both had questionable fitment when first installing. So we’re just a sample size of 3 racks but enough for me to recommend the RCI

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ordered over a month ago. Still waiting for my Rci roof rack but I’ve been disappointed by their customer support. I emailed asking questions before I purchased and no response. I emailed last week asking for an update on my order and no response. Has anyone else had trouble getting ahold of Rci?
Strange.. I’ve contacted them several times with zero issues since January including once just this week to check on getting a set of updated front mounts since they changed them after I bought mine. Had a response within the day and tracking the next day on my mounts. Have you tried calling?

Last edited:

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That’s strange. They responded almost immediately during regular business hours when I inquired about mine. They just received a large shipment of finished racks. When did you order? It seems any that were 30-50 days out started shipping.

I’ve only gotten the rear installed so far - but, packaging, construction, powder coat and hardware all seem to be top quality.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Strange.. I’ve contacted them several times with zero issues since January including once just this week to check on getting a set of updated front mounts since they changed them after I bought mine. Had a response within the day and tracking the next day on my mounts. Have you tried calling?
Do you know what the difference in the mount is? I’d like to assume any that shipped out with this last batch included the new mounts.

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you know what the difference in the mount is? I’d like to assume any that shipped out with this last batch included the new mounts.
The old mounts (that I had previously from when I purchased in January of this year) didn’t locate the front wind fairing far enough down near the windshield. As a result I was getting a vicious wind flutter at highway speed. I modified my old mounts to make it fit lower/tighter in the front and it works great but the new mounts are designed to be like that from the factory. They had no problem shipping me new mounts just had to ask. Everything shipping now (and presumably from about late Feb-on) will have the new mounts.
Sponsored