First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just got my skids and it looks like you got the same as I did for the transfer case. Did yours look totally different from their pics and instructions and come with an additional brace over the gas tank?
It came with this extra part that extends near the gas tank. Not sure if that's what you mean. It was something not pictured in the instructions. I emailed them to ask about the part, and they sent updated instructions here. I recommended they update their main instructions, but it doesn't look like they did that.
https://rcimetalworks.com/wp-conten...SE-SKID-PLATE-INSTALLATION-GUIDE-10.18.22.pdf
sd2wG4V.jpg
Sponsored

Nogame24

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It came with this extra part that extends near the gas tank. Not sure if that's what you mean. It was something not pictured in the instructions. I emailed them to ask about the part, and they sent updated instructions here. I recommended they update their main instructions, but it doesn't look like they did that.
https://rcimetalworks.com/wp-conten...SE-SKID-PLATE-INSTALLATION-GUIDE-10.18.22.pdf
Ford Bronco RCI Transmission Skid sd2wG4V
Thank you!! That’s exactly what I needed. What I got wasn’t anywhere on my instructions.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Might as well add this picture here. no shade on the plate. Just shows the benefit of the skid in general.
Here I dropped down on top of this culvert which bent the plate, as expected.
I haven't pulled it off yet, but I assume it'll require some persuasion to bolt back up. It has a very tight fit for the front skid so it'll need to be pretty exact.
In this video you can hear it drop down onto the skidplate. Then you see I try to get off, and it slides forward, unloading the suspension even more.

Ford Bronco RCI Transmission Skid IMG_6542

Ford Bronco RCI Transmission Skid IMG_6545

Ford Bronco RCI Transmission Skid PXL_20230822_000233647

Nogame24

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Might as well add this picture here. no shade on the plate. Just shows the benefit of the skid in general.
Here I dropped down on top of this culvert which bent the plate, as expected.
I haven't pulled it off yet, but I assume it'll require some persuasion to bolt back up. It has a very tight fit for the front skid so it'll need to be pretty exact.
In this video you can hear it drop down onto the skidplate. Then you see I try to get off, and it slides forward, unloading the suspension even more.

Did you have to brace the gas tank or was removing just the one bolt not enough to have it drop?

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you have to brace the gas tank or was removing just the one bolt not enough to have it drop?
I used my floor jack to put some pressure on the skidplate attached to the gas tank. Then I removed that bolt. I didn't want stuff to move, though I didn't expect it to. It was more of a belt and suspenders thing.

Nogame24

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I used my floor jack to put some pressure on the skidplate attached to the gas tank. Then I removed that bolt. I didn't want stuff to move, though I didn't expect it to. It was more of a belt and suspenders thing.
That’s what I was thinking. I’d rather be extra safe then have an oh shit moment.
Sponsored