Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey All,

I am a first day reservation holder who did not convert until “most” of kinks got worked out. Who would have thought it would be 3 years later but here we are. Like many others I finally converted my reservation on 11/15 before the 11/21 deadline. My dealer said I would be about 10 months out however I already received a VIN and a build week of 1/9/23. Is that correct? I find it hard to believe as many of you are still waiting on orders submitted much earlier.

For context my order is a 4-Door Badlands, 2.7, Sasquatch, High Package, Tow Package, w/ Hard Top
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can see why your dealer said 10 months out... your build has a lot of items that were constrained over the past model year. Looks like a combination of being a first-day reservation holder and a little bit of luck helped you out.

Assuming your build date sticks and we don't have any major logistical challenges (like a rail workers union strike) you can probably expect delivery mid-February-ish.

Mud Dawg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am aware of another very similar situation.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I suppose your destination has a lot to do with the delivery time. I was fortunate to have mine delivered by convoy aka truck. It was in my garage seven days after it was built. Good luck and enjoy your Bronco.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the question includes “predictable schedule” and “Ford” then the answer is “Smells like the number purple”.

There is no equation that makes sense here. The only truth is to prepare yourself for the unknown.

good luck.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well I would say initially that it depends on your dealer allocation. Maybe that's why he was saying 10 months.

However now that you already got a VIN and a build date, I would add 3-4 months to your Build as a realistic timeline. But of course this can vary alot...the biggest factor seems to be from Built to Shipped. Some people get stuck for weeks/months in between, while others get built and shipped inside a 2 weeks.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well I would say initially that it depends on your dealer allocation. Maybe that's why he was saying 10 months.
Getting a VIN means your dealer has allocation. 😀

Mine was built 9/8 and arrived by convoy on 9/16.

Itsdchz

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 PB XLT - 2022 Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

However now that you already got a VIN and a build date, I would add 3-4 months to your Build as a realistic timeline. But of course this can vary alot...the biggest factor seems to be from Built to Shipped. Some people get stuck for weeks/months in between, while others get built and shipped inside a 2 weeks.
This /\
Read some of the euphoria threads in this forum and it will lead you to playing lottery, as your odds and predictability are far better than Fords build and shipping methods.
Crazy to watch your built vehicle sit 2+ months only to be shipped and slow boated in loop-de-loops, through a very convoluted, inefficient system.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Getting a VIN means your dealer has allocation. 😀

Mine was built 9/8 and arrived by convoy on 9/16.
Yes exactly. I was thinking when the dealer told him 10 months, he was thinking of his allocations. But once the OP got a vin and a build date, It rules out allocation and just puts in play logistics delays (of course that is baring any holds at the factory)

OP
OP

WingsHD

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the insight. I guess I will keep my fingers crossed that it will be built and shipped in a reasonable timeframe. I hope it doesn’t sit in the Detroit winter waiting to be shipped.
Sponsored