Sponsored

Rear Bumper bolts unable to remove, plastic bumper - broken weld?

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Today I was removing my mudflaps as I was planning to go offroad to a park where I've heard them whack stuff before. So I figured I would pull them off. It would help if anyone who has has the plastic bumper off tell me what I'm seeing that is spinning with the bolt?
But the Drivers Side rear bumper mount bolts, that the mudflaps use, won't come out. It looks like there may have been a ring that is supposed to be welded to the bracket, but it's not welded anymore and just spins. This keeps me from removing the bolt, and getting the mud flap off. I'll have to take it to the Dealer and let them figure it out. I've got some other stuff for them to do.
Here is a video showing the problem.

In this photo you see the passenger side where the bolt backs out as it should.
Ford Bronco Rear Bumper bolts unable to remove, plastic bumper - broken weld? IMG_6694.JPG

In this photo you can see how the bolt can't come out as something there's holding it on. Note out the bracket is being pushed.
Ford Bronco Rear Bumper bolts unable to remove, plastic bumper - broken weld? IMG_6692.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
mike8675309

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has no one removed the plastic rear bumper and have an idea of how I can get that bolt out? What is that ring?