Rear Bumper show off thread

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I like the idea of lowering the tire a bit, I considered it myself. However I realize that it would make it difficult to
hook and unhook the trailer (the latch mechanism) I use the trailer frequently, so it is not an option for me. I like the way you have the cans tucked away.

I had to run out and take a look, that may also be a possible option on the LOD setup with a "fabbed" can mount. There may be enough room, but it will cover some of the window also. Nice set up...
I ended up buying the LOD and installed over the last couple days. For a can mount, I was going to buy the multitool mount and then bolting up a lockable jerry can mount to it. I'm not a fan of the one LOD offers.

QQ, do you have the coax camera wire? How'd you run the wire and make the connection? The instructions aren't great on this part for the coax. Right now, I have it coiled up on the bumpstop and connected behind the swing out until I figure out the best route... I don't really want to go through the vent and was thinking I might be able to pull the wire grommet out and then remove the factory camera wire from the grommet, just drop it back inside the tailgate and then make the connection sitting inside (following the routing in their instructions).
Sponsored

OP
OP

bronco_ed

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry just seen this…

I do not have the coax style. I did not use. (Let me know if you need it if it will help with your set up.)
I like the idea of going through the original grommet (like stock)
Although I did go through the vent,I ended up creating a bracket and drill a couple holes to mount GMRS antenna.(still have to paint)

I have not extended my camera wire yet. I did not want to cut the stock harness. Right now it is stock, so I can not swing the tire away from the tailgate.

Similar to you I have not figured out what I wanted to do. however I may end up creating my own extension using after market plugs.

please post a pic of what you end up doing with the jerry can

still experimenting with license plate mounting. I fabbed up a prototype mount to see if I like this location

Ford Bronco Rear Bumper show off thread IMG_2545

IMG_2548.jpeg

IMG_2546.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP

bronco_ed

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How does that tray bolt up?
Ford Bronco Rear Bumper show off thread 1687724390696

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry just seen this…

I do not have the coax style. I did not use. (Let me know if you need it if it will help with your set up.)
I like the idea of going through the original grommet (like stock)
Although I did go through the vent,I ended up creating a bracket and drill a couple holes to mount GMRS antenna.(still have to paint)

I have not extended my camera wire yet. I did not want to cut the stock harness. Right now it is stock, so I can not swing the tire away from the tailgate.

Similar to you I have not figured out what I wanted to do. however I may end up creating my own extension using after market plugs.

please post a pic of what you end up doing with the jerry can

still experimenting with license plate mounting. I fabbed up a prototype mount to see if I like this location

IMG_2545.jpeg

IMG_2548.jpeg

IMG_2546.jpeg
I actually responded over on this other thread, but I got it all figured out.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...license-plate-mount.72977/page-2#post-1964363

I ran the license plate wire and the camera cable similarly using the wire channel in the back of the tailgate. At first I ran the license plate wire through the vent in the tailgate, but then redid it and ran it through the same tailgate grommet as the 3rd brake light and OEM camera wire. I touted per their guide, just wish they had more pics of this part and more info about the camera connection, took me a bit to figure out, but it makes sense once you look inside the tailgate.

https://lodoffroad.com/assets/pdfs/BRC2100 BRONCO REARVIEW CAMERA KIT.pdf
Ford Bronco Rear Bumper show off thread IMG_6316

Ford Bronco Rear Bumper show off thread IMG_6318
Ford Bronco Rear Bumper show off thread IMG_6323
I almost undid the entire harness that was taped together to remove the OEM camera cable, but ended up just folding over the plug ends and taping it up real well in case I needed it later and to protect the plugs. You don’t need to use it at all. The LOD supplied camera cable connects into the plug inside the tailgate, once you disco the old one. Be sure to tape up the excess cable inside the tailgate.
Ford Bronco Rear Bumper show off thread IMG_6322

Ford Bronco Rear Bumper show off thread IMG_6317

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1...stall_Manual_Final.pdf?v=11154823089541897839

The license plate wire was routed similarly, close to the above guide, through the tailgate wire channel, but the cable runs under the trim edge of the cargo floor.Then I dropped it through a small hole I punched through the tailgate weatherstripping, the method in the guide and down the edge of the LOD filler plate and next to the light plug. I then T-spliced it into the license plate light wire, just before the plug. This way I still have the OEM plug if needed.
Ford Bronco Rear Bumper show off thread IMG_6340
*Be sure to use proper trim tools so you don’t break any clips! I went nice and easy, didn’t break a clip…

Last edited:

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually responded over on this other thread, but I got it all figured out.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...license-plate-mount.72977/page-2#post-1964363

I ran the license plate wire and the camera cable similarly using the wire channel in the back of the tailgate. At first I ran the license plate wire through the vent in the tailgate, but then redid it and ran it through the same tailgate grommet as the 3rd brake light and OEM camera wire. I touted per their guide, just wish they had more pics of this part and more info about the camera connection, took me a bit to figure out, but it makes sense once you look inside the tailgate.

https://lodoffroad.com/assets/pdfs/BRC2100 BRONCO REARVIEW CAMERA KIT.pdf

I almost undid the entire harness that was taped together to remove the OEM camera cable, but ended up just folding over the plug ends and taping it up real well in case I needed it later and to protect the plugs. You don’t need to use it at all. The LOD supplied camera cable connects into the plug inside the tailgate, once you disco the old one. Be sure to tape up the excess cable inside the tailgate.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1...stall_Manual_Final.pdf?v=11154823089541897839

The license plate wire was routed similarly, close to the above guide, through the tailgate wire channel, but the cable runs under the trim edge of the cargo floor.Then I dropped it through a small hole I punched through the tailgate weatherstripping, the method in the guide and down the edge of the LOD filler plate and next to the light plug. I then T-spliced it into the license plate light wire, just before the plug. This way I still have the OEM plug if needed.
*Be sure to use proper trim tools so you don’t break any clips! I went nice and easy, didn’t break a clip…
SALE! If anyone is interested in a Road Armor setup...

Ford Bronco Rear Bumper show off thread Screenshot_20230626_135051_Facebook

Sponsored

Barny227

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 wrangler jk
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Subscribed. This has been one of the hardest decisions for me to make.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Here is my JCR rear bumper
Ford Bronco Rear Bumper show off thread IMG_0401

OP
OP

bronco_ed

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve yet to install my rack, but good to know it can support some weight!
Ford Bronco Rear Bumper show off thread IMG_6825
Good idea to use the larger retainers for the sensors. Lights are growing on me.... I may eventually add some to the bumper. Looks great!

Sponsored

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Didn't see it in other pages, went with Metalcloak as my jeep has done very well with them. I also liked the extra brackets to secure the bumper.

20231010_183710.jpg

FB_IMG_1698266170365.jpg

FB_IMG_1698266175431.jpg