Sponsored

Rear interior cargo basket! 2-door and 4-door!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
on the 4 door, it doesn't look like this will provide any security with rear door closed, correct (looks like shelf too thin to completely cover the cargo space?)
Correct. It’s only half the length of the cargo space.
Sponsored

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 1967 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correct. It's only half the length of the cargo space.
I'm sure you guys know, big market, and I'd be first to buy a larger shelf from you that covered and kind of secured the cargo. I much prefer your brand to the Ford offering.

Baconator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevrolet Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great on the 2 door version can you still put the back head rests down I keep mine down for the visibility
The headrest would hit the basket if they were flipped down.
On the 2-door, if the headrests are flipped down first, can you install the basket over top of the headrests, or do the stored headrests prevent proper installation? Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the 2-door, if the headrests are flipped down first, can you install the basket over top of the headrests, or do the stored headrests prevent proper installation? Thanks in advance!
No. They hit. The basket would have to be super small for that to clear.

Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@JcrOffroad would really like to have a product like this, but I don't need/want the molle panels in my rear windows. Any way you could make a version of this that has a bracket that mounts to the soft top location in the same fashion as the molle panel lower bracket?

You come out with a version like that, you can take my money today.

MisterOneTwo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes AMG C43
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@JcrOffroad I recently received a 2DR cargo basket. It has 2 marred lines on both of the longest sides, that span the entire length of the rack. The sides that face outward when looking in the cargo area.

I reached out to support to ask if there are any options for exchange or return and was told that this is part of the manufacturing process and there is nothing they can do. I didn't notice anything near this prevalent in the product photos on the website or in the few install pictures that have been posted here. In a few small places you can even see the bare aluminum underneath.

I understand it is a cargo basket and is intended for heavy duty use. I would say that I fully expect to damage it myself with use, but I honestly don't think that is the case given the apparent durability of the finish. I would say pretty much the only thing that could damage it this noticeably would be bending the sheet with metal on metal force after powder coating without protecting it in any way as part of the manufacturing process.

Others may not mind, but I prefer to be the one to scratch items I purchase.

In full transparency, I did install the rack and have since uninstalled it. There's no damage to the rack itself after my install, it is as I received it, but the brackets have rings now where they were screwed into the frame. So maybe I'm SOL on return.

Is there anything you can do? If not, I guess I'll pay to have it re-powder coated if that is my only option.

Ford Bronco Rear interior cargo basket! 2-door and 4-door! PXL_20220329_030000541

Ford Bronco Rear interior cargo basket! 2-door and 4-door! PXL_20220329_030026308

Ford Bronco Rear interior cargo basket! 2-door and 4-door! PXL_20220329_030045044

Ford Bronco Rear interior cargo basket! 2-door and 4-door! PXL_20220329_030143364

Ford Bronco Rear interior cargo basket! 2-door and 4-door! PXL_20220329_030154914

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@JcrOffroad I recently received a 2DR cargo basket. It has 2 marred lines on both of the longest sides, that span the entire length of the rack. The sides that face outward when looking in the cargo area.

I reached out to support to ask if there are any options for exchange or return and was told that this is part of the manufacturing process and there is nothing they can do. I didn't notice anything near this prevalent in the product photos on the website or in the few install pictures that have been posted here. In a few small places you can even see the bare aluminum underneath.

I understand it is a cargo basket and is intended for heavy duty use. I would say that I fully expect to damage myself it with use, but I honestly don't think that is the case given the apparent durability of the finish. I would say pretty much the only thing that could damage it this noticeably would be bending the sheet with metal on metal force after powder coating without protecting it in any way as part of the manufacturing process.

In full transparency, I did install the rack and have since uninstalled it. There's no damage to the rack itself after my install, it is as I received it, but the brackets have rings now where they were screwed into the frame. So maybe I'm SOL on return.

Is there anything you can do? If not, I guess I'll pay to have it re-powder coated if that is my only option.

Ford Bronco Rear interior cargo basket! 2-door and 4-door! PXL_20220329_030154914

I’m on spring break with my family, but I’ll have someone reach out to you today.
~Brian

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@JcrOffroad would really like to have a product like this, but I don't need/want the molle panels in my rear windows. Any way you could make a version of this that has a bracket that mounts to the soft top location in the same fashion as the molle panel lower bracket?

You come out with a version like that, you can take my money today.
We are trying to sort out an option to do this. The major work around issue is the factory soft top setup.

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I understand it is a cargo basket and is intended for heavy duty use. I would say that I fully expect to damage myself it with use, but I honestly don't think that is the case given the apparent durability of the finish. I would say pretty much the only thing that could damage it this noticeably would be bending the sheet with metal on metal force after powder coating without protecting it in any way as part of the manufacturing process.

I'm with you on this one. Seems like a minor gripe but stuff isn't cheap, should be in perfect shape. I have a similar issue with their tailgate table, bunch of tiny chips in random spots that I didn't notice until I was too far into installing. Bothered me but I'll probably just fill them in. I will mention it when I call them as I can't seem to get the table aligned so it doesn't rub into itself when closing.

TexAZ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know if this can be installed over/on top of the Ford/Tuffy cargo enclosure?

NOVA Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got a nice package today! Lots of extra bolts that I didn’t use 😅

What did you use for the shelf you have installed below the JCR basket? I am looking for something like that to mount my traction boards on in cargo area.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.