Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150, 67 Bronco, 94 Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i love the product as well but not fond of the rubber pad. Have you considered "rolling" the metal rim up and over and back down toward the pocket (so as to make a lip of the upper edge getting rid of any sharp?). Great product btw.
The top edge is hemmed and is pretty smooth. The problem everyone was concerned with was the corners. We will continue to look for a better solution but the edging we have now is pretty functional. Thank you for the complement!
Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the idea. How smooth/rounded will the edges be? I expect the family will be bumping into them.

I would only consider putting these in the front based on your review above.
I wouldn't go near these being metal. ABS would be better. Interesting Idea, but if metal, it will damage people and things.

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 1967 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The top edge is hemmed and is pretty smooth. The problem everyone was concerned with was the corners. We will continue to look for a better solution but the edging we have now is pretty functional. Thank you for the complement!
BEFORE THIS THREAD -- I already had your product page saved and am planning to buy. I like them alot. I can see attaching a molle drink holder to outside even. cool beans!

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Following
Looks good overall. Interested in seeing the rear door version, and obviously the question about still storing the doors in the bags (don't care about on board).

I also agree that a trim- or paint-matched paracord wrap around the top edges could look really good.

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks Nick, just ordered, they will go great with the rest of the Molle paneling I am installing in the trunk. If I were a betting man, I would say they will still fit in the door bags. Worse case scenario, maybe they won't zip shut, but that isn't a problem. All that being said, I bet they will still function as normal. From what I recall of the in-person door demo I saw a while back, there was some give in the bags. Either way, I am in.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This might have been said already, I assume this now defeats the purpose of using the door bags, The door bags are already a snug fit. Does this make it more awkward on removing the doors? Don't get me wrong, I really like this idea and design, quiality by the looks of it seem solid.

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Got mine today. Did a quick test fit with the door bags. It will completely cover it, and wrap around to zip. If it's nice this weekend, I'll take off all 4 doors and see if they still fit in the back in the door bags. I'm not sure if that will still work, i'm guessing yes it will.

But the door bag covers up and zips. No problems.

thumbnail_IMG_2969.jpg

thumbnail_image1.jpg

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I thought I was looking at ceiling storage in the pic that was sideways. Any chance of some kind of overhead tray like that with a little lip that maybe mounts to the removable panel? I could go for something like that. Thoughts? Talk amongst yourselves.

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Here is a couple more installed pics just because i'm super stoked with them. I left the rub trim off the top for now. They are very well finished and I will see how I like them before possibly adding that later.

thumbnail_IMG_2963.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2964.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2965.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2966.jpg

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got mine today. Did a quick test fit with the door bags. It will completely cover it, and wrap around to zip. If it's nice this weekend, I'll take off all 4 doors and see if they still fit in the back in the door bags. I'm not sure if that will still work, i'm guessing yes it will.

But the door bag covers up and zips. No problems.

Ford Bronco Door Panel Cargo Nets thumbnail_IMG_2966

Awesome, thank you so much for the report, that was my only question. Perfect, practical mod. Looking forward to receiving them.

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Awesome, thank you so much for the report, that was my only question. Perfect, practical mod. Looking forward to receiving them.
You will like them a lot more than the bungee nets. I was worried they would bother me while driving, but this is a mod that feels like it should have always been this way.

mljohnson1973

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Watching . Your the first I've seen to address this. I like where you're going ...look forward to the final product.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have been working on a product for Mountains2Metal that will be an improvement over the stock cargo nets or bungee nets...or whatever you want to call them. I really like the way the pocket nets look with the orange accent but we all know that they will eventually wear out and start sagging. My daughter was getting in the backseat of our Bronco recently and she tugged on the bungee chord pretty good and nearly broke it. I am surprised it held up! We decided there would be a need for an upgrade so we began working on the front nets first. 6 bolts and they are off. We designed a deeper pocket insert with molle holes. The depth improves to 3 inches in the front and 2 inches towards the rear of the pocket. A water bottle slides in there nicely. I also like the idea of putting several other things there and bolting/strapping them in place. See the pictures below.

I do think Ford took a short cut on the back panels. You can not remove the bungee with out drilling out the plastic rivets that have been melted in place. You also have to remove the entire door panel to get access them. I have a design completed but I am still tweaking it a bit. It looks like the front panel but is much smaller in size. Install is definitely a commitment since you can not put the bungee net back in place once it is removed. I think people are going to be upset if they have to replace this. A new rear door panel is $584.73. I had to check in case I destroyed mine in the process....haha!

I also called Ford on the front door panels to see if I could purchase a net out of curiosity. There wasn't any info on this and the closest thing available was to replace the whole door panel for $676.62. Another issue was there was no projected date on when this would be available.

I wanted to throw these pictures out there and see what your thoughts were on the design and functionality. Keep in mind the pockets have been modified slightly since these pictures were taken. The hole sizes match the back of the front seats and there is an extra row of holes added to the top. I have a few sets working through powder coat right now to see how well they look after they are painted a textured black.

How to order

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)