First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First 5 months my MIC top was quiet as a church mouse. I slowly developed a squeak at the rear. I'd read some others had this issue and silicone on the rubbers stopped it. I tried that on every rubber mating surface to no avail. With the window flipped open and rear door closed its gone, so I'm pretty sure I've isolated it, but curious how to kill it. Any input would be fantastic.
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It’s the silicone. Use what ford recommends.

Krytox by Chemours GPL 205 Grease, Pure PFPE/PTFE, 0.5 oz Tube (D10170248) https://a.co/d/43CXDsp

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
First 5 months my MIC top was quiet as a church mouse. I slowly developed a squeak at the rear. I'd read some others had this issue and silicone on the rubbers stopped it. I tried that on every rubber mating surface to no avail. With the window flipped open and rear door closed its gone, so I'm pretty sure I've isolated it, but curious how to kill it. Any input would be fantastic.
Hi there. This window squeak concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is some type of squeak on mine as well, I am not real sure where the sound comes from but it's coming from the back for sure. I hear it mainly any time we go over a bump or rough parts of a road. I need to climb my big rear into the back and let the wife drive around and see if I can find the source.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Total speculation: Look at the outer back corner where the mic top contacts the body, above the tail light, where the body curves. I don’t have my Bronco yet but if memory serves we saw some rubbing at this location. You may have to lift up the rear section to see if their are any whiteness marks.

good luck.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AKBronc49

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Total speculation: Look at the outer back corner where the mic top contacts the body, above the tail light, where the body curves. I don’t have my Bronco yet but if memory serves we saw some rubbing at this location. You may have to lift up the rear section to see if their are any whiteness marks.

good luck.
I do have a spot on the driver side, the factory paint protection didn't stick, so I replaced with a couple pieces I had of 3m stuff.

What gets me though is if I open the window and drive all the noise is gone. I'm going to try the other silicone listed and see what it does.

Currently running topless though.
Ford Bronco Rear MIC window squeak 20220623_075951

OP
OP
AKBronc49

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi there. This window squeak concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
I appreciate it, I'm going to go at it myself and see if I can't figure it out before involving my dealer.

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i took delivery in February and mine started squeaking last week. Love to know the fix for this.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs