First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm considering removing the rear seats in my 2 door. My goal would be a perfectly flat cargo area with some storage "hatches" where the foot wells once were. I've heard of goose gear, are there any other companies that do this? Suggestions?
Sponsored

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Goose gear has some solid solutions for seat deletes. Have a neighbor around the corner that swears by them.

I sent an email about two weeks ago inquiring about future plans for seat solutions because I'm taking them out of my 2 door as well.

I have yet to hear back from Goose Gear.

All that being said, I was looking at the interiors posted on these forums that show the mounting studs and seat belt anchors on the rear seats. There is also a sizable hump in the rear third floorboard that sits above the gas tank.

My concern with the 2 Door is that it's going to take a rear seat delete along with a riser plate in order to give true flat results. That being said, with the inset of the rear door, it may make a "true flat" solution impossible.

I am personally thinking about fabricating a solution myself. A 1.25" aluminum square tube might do the trick to act as a buffet frame over the studs (incase I want to put the seats back in later) with some light weight cnc bushings to reduce noise and friction.

Then using the hinge tie down anchor points under the floor as a lip key for an inclining single piece flat bed. It looks like it would be at about 4 to 6 degree incline judging by pictures.

It won't be true flat, but then again, I also don't have measurements on a stripped down rear compartment either. So, who's to say we can't a true flat bed out of it?

I guess I've put a little thought into it.

Fabricating a simple solution is going to be far, far cheaper than going with Goose Gear, that's for sure. About three grande cheaper, judging by their website. And it'll be lighter, too. So there's that.

Dunno if that helps you at all, but it's already 1:30 am and I've been up since 4 am yesterday. ?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Goose Gear said they will be making a delete for the Bronco.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My god the price of that Goose Gear stuff :oops:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My god the price of that Goose Gear stuff :oops:

Yeah, but it is well engineered, durable, and extremely useful. I've spent more for less.

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, but it is well engineered, durable, and extremely useful. I've spent more for less.
Looks pretty sweet. I'll be taking mine out as soon as I get home too. Just hope we dont have to deal with airbag or seat belt lights.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks pretty sweet. I'll be taking mine out as soon as I get home too. Just hope we dont have to deal with airbag or seat belt lights.

You can watch some of the videos on the site. Their kits address all of that if needed. I don't think there are any airbags that would be an issue though. They account for every nut and bolt needed to be removed or replaced.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You really need to be committed to the rear seat delete idea though if using Goose Gear. You could swap back and forth, but really these are intended to stay in for many years and handle a lot of wear and tear. It may be designed where you can delete one seat and keep one as well. I think the rear seat area in the 2dr will be small, so I don't know if one seat delete will be an option.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You really need to be committed to the rear seat delete idea though if using Goose Gear. You could swap back and forth, but really these are intended to stay in for many years and handle a lot of wear and tear. It may be designed where you can delete one seat and keep one as well. I think the rear seat area in the 2dr will be small, so I don't know if one seat delete will be an option.
I don't have kids or haul anyone else's kids. I really don't even know two more people I like other than my wife that would be riding with me. I do have 2 80+lb dogs and I haul fishing and hunting gear. The rear seat delete is ideal for me.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't have kids or haul anyone else's kids. I really don't even know two more people I like other than my wife that would be riding with me. I do have 2 80+lb dogs and I haul fishing and hunting gear. The rear seat delete is ideal for me.

Yeah, kinda in the same situation. Took the rear seats out of my Tacoma 5 or 6 years ago and it hasn't been an issue. It's usually just me and my dog, although my new son in law has started tagging along on some hunting trips. No rear seats keeps the number reasonable.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I intend to rear seat delete as soon as Goose Gear has a solution. I know it is costly and would be cheaper to fabricate it myself. But it would also look like I fabricated it myself - :p. I'm not eager to make my $50K rig look cheap because I opted to save money on a DIY solution. Goose Gear provides a finished proven solution.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We may be long lost twins.
You just described me and it looks like you are also getting Velocity Blue Badlands as well.
:ROFLMAO:
BroncoBrothers from another Mother.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Therackmount

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 4or supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m seeing $650 for a 2 door Wrangler.
If it is a good fitting , quality kit , 650 is not bad , I expect materials with hardware will run likely 2 to 3 hundred , and how many hours of labor ? Will have till I get my Bronco to see what building a delete kit entails, without having a Bronco handy , it's all speculation at this point. One way or another my seat is coming out and something done to make a level deck .Just me and the tracking pooch , maybe a buddy once in a while .
Sponsored