First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I already hated the look of the soft top when up and yes Ive seen pictures, but are you saying when folded back that, the soft top is blocking your view above the spare tire?

my jeep top doesnt interfere with my line of site out the rear at all when folded back.
That's my understanding, the soft top blocks the rear view if it's all the way back.
Sponsored

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I already hated the look of the soft top when up and yes Ive seen pictures, but are you saying when folded back that, the soft top is blocking your view above the spare tire?

my jeep top doesnt interfere with my line of site out the rear at all when folded back.
yes, folded down, the soft top reduces visibility pretty significantly.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It could be better in the bronco.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's my understanding, the soft top blocks the rear view if it's all the way back.
yes, folded down, the soft top reduces visibility pretty significantly.
It could be better in the bronco.
Wow. Good thing this will be my wife's who is as tall (5'1") as a grasshopper's knee cap on a good day. Guess I should be looking at the mirror camera too then. Not that she'll use it though. I catch her only watching the screen in her GC when backing up and relying on her parking sensors (hence why she doesn't drive my giant lifted truck because she'll destroy something before she even sees it). Whereas I've been backing trailers since I could touch the pedals and instilled into me at an early age to only use your mirrors and don't make a habit of looking over your shoulder when reversing.

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am planning on using a rear view camera on my Bronco, I just picked this one up and used in our 4Runner for a road trip from Seattle to Lake Tahoe. We had so much cargo in the back that it would have blocked the rearview mirror. Over all I liked it, but this is compared to the compromised view out of the back of the Bronco. When I went to the off-rodeo the rear view felt really poor (similar to a Wrangler). I plan on going to 37" and raising the spare for clearance wheeling and connecting trailers so the rear view will be approaching useless. Here are my observations

• Generally I liked it, it was great to have a wide unobstructed view. Its definitely better than seeing nothing but luggage.
  • The screen was too dim in bright light, the rear camera was inside so it was looking tru the rear window tint which doesn't help.
  • The rear camera is wide angle and more of a dash cam than a rear view mirror so cars that are not very far behind you look really far away, on the highway it would be really east to cut off a car that had high closing speed.
  • I both like and dislike the view changing when you move your head. Its nice because its one less thing to adjust you body position for, but its annoying to not be able to sit up taller and see your kids in the back seat.
I would like to find a rear camera that is not wide angle, 140 deg is the best I have found. Being able to zoom the rear view would be great also. They look to be made by the same ODM so differences between them are likely minimal and I bet you could swap cameras.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08NV8LPFR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sponsored

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For all those that are talking about how great a rearview camera will be for the mirror, just keep in mind that when you put that Bronco top down on a bright sunny day you will have a much harder time seeing the images clearly on the screen from being washed out by a competing bright sun. I, like many of you, thought it was a great idea and bought a review camera/mirror/dash cam combo for my restored 1981 CJ5 (I wanted it to have some high tech). I still love it as a dashcam but it is almost useless as a rearview mirror with the top off or even the bikini top on. Just way to bright during the day which overpowers the mirror screen sitting at the top of the windshield frame where there is no shielding from sunlight. I find myself switching it off and using the mirror only function, which luckily it can still be used as such, albeit not quite as reflective as a normal mirror. Anyway, would I get it again, yes I would, but that is because I am willing to sacrifice some of that for the tech. I am not sure all on here would be as happy with it. Now with the top up, no problems.

BTW, I saw it first in a friend's GMC AT4 and loved it there so got mine aftermarket. But the AT4 is no convertible. It seems many examples discussed on this thread are not convertibles either... just saying.

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs