Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've definitely had backup camera issues on my July '21 8", but they have been all software, e.g. randomly turning on or staying on while in drive, or crashing the whole sync system. Always good to feel a plunge in electronics confidence out in the desert between Moab and Canyonlands!

Always appreciate the depth of context @flip - are you saying we can't trust DOT-NHTSA-mandated technology?😁
Sponsored

gonyr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2021 12" camera works perfectly (at the moment) but my software has never updated correctly at all. What are the odds that this recall might fix that issue inadvertently while taking care of the camera?

OP
OP
redone17

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ah. Ok clear. This is another issues all together. Nice work ford. Must be nice to 🔥 💵.

ATX_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2022 front view on the 360° cam is spotty at best-sometimes the front is on, other times it's black. I've been meaning to ask the dealer but keep forgetting. Lol
I also am having the same issue. There is always about a 50% chance it works for me.

JRS993

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had progressively erratic camera performance for the past year. Sometimes the rear camera, sometimes the front camera, the frequency of camera outage has increased with time. After a rain, more likely than not one of the cameras is out.

Sponsored

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2022 front view on the 360° cam is spotty at best-sometimes the front is on, other times it's black. I've been meaning to ask the dealer but keep forgetting. Lol
Could just be a bad cable connection, I was having the same issue when I installed an extension cable and it didn't seat very well.

Nope. Camera is going out. This is the 3rd or 4th Ford we have had with a bad reverse camera, they always fail the same, work intermittently until they don't work at all anymore.
Every Ford I've had has had back up camera issues, they start going black or showing the image upside down then eventually stop working altogether. Just another one of those special Ford perks that you have to expect to happen, like cam phaser issues on their OHC V engines.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Could just be a bad cable connection, I was having the same issue when I installed an extension cable and it didn't seat very well.

Every Ford I've had has had back up camera issues, they start going black or showing the image upside down then eventually stop working altogether. Just another one of those special Ford perks that you have to expect to happen, like cam phaser issues on their OHC V engines.
Yes upside down was my favorite! My superduty was out of warranty and left the camera in upside down or black and white mode for too long, guests in my truck always freaked out on upside down mode lol.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes upside down was my favorite! My superduty was out of warranty and left the camera in upside down or black and white mode for too long, guests in my truck always freaked out on upside down mode lol.
My wife's out of warranty Edge has had a bad camera for like 3 years now, mostly black but about once a month upside down. It's actually not hard to replace I just always have something else going on and we've gotten used to it.

My Bronco cam hasn't had a single hiccup yet but I fully expect it to eventually.

Gritty

Wildtrak
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I honestly forget mine has a backup camera. I learned to back fire engines in the truck bay in the early 90s when all we had was side mirrors. I cant back up a vehicle looking over my shoulder, I have to use mirrors. Yes, Im a weirdo
No you have common sense!

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My wife's out of warranty Edge has had a bad camera for like 3 years now, mostly black but about once a month upside down. It's actually not hard to replace I just always have something else going on and we've gotten used to it.

My Bronco cam hasn't had a single hiccup yet but I fully expect it to eventually.
Ya I left it broken a couple years. Finally got tired of not being able to hitch up by myself in one try, and replaced it. Cost a couple hundred for the camera and took 10 mins to replace.

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As a '21 owner that has never had any of these issues (lucky I guess?) I'm almost hesitant to have them replace a perfectly functional camera.

Even the issue where people would come out of reverse and the camera stayed on never manifested on mine.

Agree with the other guy though, pretty sure the only fix for me is the 12" screen :troll:

TXscooterguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Corvette Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In May of this year, Ford mailed me an "IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL REMINDER." It was number 22C27 - Rear View Camera Image Re-entry (4L mode). I scheduled an appointment with my dealer specifically for this matter. I was told the service department will need the vehicle for several hours and I couldn't wait for it. At 7 AM I was second in line on the service drive. The service department never contacted me during the day. When I arrived back just before closing I was told the recall was not completed because Ford did not provide the dealerships with the proper software for my vehicle -- 2022 Black Diamond 4 door with an 8 inch screen. Has anyone had the recall 22C27 completed by their dealer?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In May of this year, Ford mailed me an "IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL REMINDER." It was number 22C27 - Rear View Camera Image Re-entry (4L mode). I scheduled an appointment with my dealer specifically for this matter. I was told the service department will need the vehicle for several hours and I couldn't wait for it. At 7 AM I was second in line on the service drive. The service department never contacted me during the day. When I arrived back just before closing I was told the recall was not completed because Ford did not provide the dealerships with the proper software for my vehicle -- 2022 Black Diamond 4 door with an 8 inch screen. Has anyone had the recall 22C27 completed by their dealer?
No. There is no update. There is a warning to dealers to not attempt to install the update.

TXscooterguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Corvette Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No. There is no update. There is a warning to dealers to not attempt to install the update.
Do you have more information about that "warning" because my dealer doesn't seem to know about it.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you have more information about that "warning" because my dealer doesn't seem to know about it.
Yes. I was searching for the warning as it was buried on Page 6 in the Electronics sub-forum and really should have been posted in this current sub-forum (Issues, Warranties, Recalls).

Ford Bronco Rear view camera recall issued for 2021 Bronco 1694024170687
Sponsored