Broncoboy23

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AUDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Window Sticker. On the top. Mine was 4/14.
IMG_2958.jpeg
Thanks
Mine doesn't have the clips or paperwork, but I have acquired both. Let's see if that can get my bronco out of purgatory!
can you please explain how to acquire the clip and paper?
Thanks
Mine doesn't have the clips or paperwork, but I have acquired both. Let's see if that can get my bronco out of purgatory!
Sponsored

Ph4nt0m

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hold my beer.......

So we just had a bronco come in with the clips and recall so I tried an experiment. I opened a contact with SSSC told them what I had and asked if the vehicle could be removed from recall. A few pics and voila. Recall removed. I have another vehicle sitting here with the same thing I'm getting ready to run through but it looks like this might be an avenue for those sitting with clips and open recall.

Your dealer will need to open a contact with your VIN with SSSC under program 23C16. They will ask for pics of the VIN tag, both seat belts showing clips installed AND picture of the seat belt supplement paperwork in the glove box. This last thing is critical, if it doesn't have this in the glove box, it won't close.

Y'all can thank my ass later.😘

supplement.jpg
Just shot this over to my rep at the dealer. Will report back what happens.

🤞

Broncoboy23

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AUDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just shot this over to my rep at the dealer. Will report back what happens.

🤞
I did the same
Also
What is the number to call FORD
and / OR
NHTSA to speak directly and get the recall fixed as I have the pictures as well?
Hold my beer.......

So we just had a bronco come in with the clips and recall so I tried an experiment. I opened a contact with SSSC told them what I had and asked if the vehicle could be removed from recall. A few pics and voila. Recall removed. I have another vehicle sitting here with the same thing I'm getting ready to run through but it looks like this might be an avenue for those sitting with clips and open recall.

Your dealer will need to open a contact with your VIN with SSSC under program 23C16. They will ask for pics of the VIN tag, both seat belts showing clips installed AND picture of the seat belt supplement paperwork in the glove box. This last thing is critical, if it doesn't have this in the glove box, it won't close.

supplement.jpg
what is the telephone number for
SSSC
Thanks.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did the same
Also
What is the number to call FORD
and / OR
NHTSA to speak directly and get the recall fixed as I have the pictures as well?

what is the telephone number for
SSSC
Thanks.
Has to be done by the dealer. SSSC is the group we communicate with if there are issues with a recall, require additional labor or parts approval for the recall and such. This is generally a service department function and it does NOT require a repair order to be opened.

husker1co

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Drove over to inspect it myself. The clips and paperwork are there. The dealer had no idea and was waiting on Ford for additional instructions/parts. Service manager wasn't immediately available but will be checking. Production: 4/26, Built: 6/22, Shipped: 7/7, Final Prep: 7/18

Sponsored

Broncoboy23

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AUDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Drove over to inspect it myself. The clips and paperwork are there. The dealer had no idea and was waiting on Ford for additional instructions/parts. Service manager wasn't immediately available but will be checking. Production: 4/26, Built: 6/22, Shipped: 7/7, Final Prep: 7/18
I did the same
My dealer is very helpful and is working on it through SSSC
Also can call
800-392-3673
They are helpful as well.
Good Luck to all

RR897

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity QX60
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has to be done by the dealer. SSSC is the group we communicate with if there are issues with a recall, require additional labor or parts approval for the recall and such. This is generally a service department function and it does NOT require a repair order to be opened.
You are doing the Lord's work Sir. This is the most encouraging thing I have heard in a long time with all of this!

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they don't believe you have them contact me, [email protected].
They've probably done a gazillion SSSC contacts over the years. There's nothing in writing from Ford to the dealers saying we can do this, just thought I'd give it a shot and it worked. This isn't a work around or illegal, just the normal process we use everyday for situations involving non standard recall handling. Some vehicles were removed from the recall prior to shipping, I think the ones with clips and supplement were ones that fell in documentation gap, just plain missed or Ford is behind getting them removed. If we just waited for Ford to release the full bulletin, the process for removing a vehicle due to parts already installed is the exact same, SSSC.

Seriously, every dealer should be checking these and if the stuff is there, doing the SSSC contact so they can sell the damn things and get them off the lot.

Ford Bronco Recall 23C16 & Delivery Hold : Seat Belt Latch Plate Access For 2021-2023 Bronco w/ Production Build Dates 9/23/20 - 5/9/23 1689798792343

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hold my beer.......

supplement.jpg

@Zach@Granger have you seen this yet?!?

Knox

Wildtrak
First Name
Knox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
thanks
just called the dealer asked them to check the bronco it already had seat belt supplement paperwork in the glove box and clips installed. they are working on clearing the recall now.

Sponsored

Squatchinrob

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just went to NHTSA to check my VIN again. Hadn’t checked it since this thread started. Mine now shows no recall. Not scheduled to arrive at dealer until last week of July to first week of August.

Triathlonfun

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just checked and mine is clear too. Arrives to dealer next week.

Ford Bronco Recall 23C16 & Delivery Hold : Seat Belt Latch Plate Access For 2021-2023 Bronco w/ Production Build Dates 9/23/20 - 5/9/23 IMG_2976
Ford Bronco Recall 23C16 & Delivery Hold : Seat Belt Latch Plate Access For 2021-2023 Bronco w/ Production Build Dates 9/23/20 - 5/9/23 IMG_2975
Sponsored