First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I found out that's only happen below 60ĀŗF outside, if you are above that temperature it won't turn off. Same thing happens with my wife's 2020 Escape. The only difference is that Bronco will crank up the blower speed.

It's really annoying, specially when you are following a diesel truck.

JonathanDuong

First Edition
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I donā€™t know if this is a bug or a feature but my recirculate cabin air settings will not stay on recirculate. After a few minutes it just switches off and as soon as I smell whatever smell I was avoiding I have to turn it back on. Is everyoneā€™s Bronco doing this? Lux package btw
All Bronco's were "designed" (stupidly) this way to prevent fogging. Makes no sense honestly cause it it were to get foggy we can simply adjust to defrost.

Anyways the only solution right now is to have 'Max A/C' on, then adjust your fan speed.
However if you adjust the temperature after Max A/C (should be on LO) it will disable Max A/C and have open vents again.

I think getting a forum going and writing to Ford, they can probably have an update for it to not behave this way.

I want Fan 1 on 63 degrees. Nope. It will be 63 at 80MPH open air.

Bunky67

Outer Banks
First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door Outerbanks w/Sasquatch package
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I found out that's only happen below 60ĀŗF outside, if you are above that temperature it won't turn off. Same thing happens with my wife's 2020 Escape. The only difference is that Bronco will crank up the blower speed.

It's really annoying, specially when you are following a diesel truck.
I am REALLY pissed about this. I do NOT want outside air unless I need to defog. I have bad allergies and I have to drive by multiple chicken houses. The other day it literally turned recirculate off every mile I drove. This is total crap and a deal breaker for me. I have also notices the wind blowing harder the faster I go. I dont want THAT either. I turn it down to 1 and it blows hot or cold full blast.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had no idea this even happens!!! I never use recirc. Hmmmmm...

I wonder if this is something that could be changed in Forscan?

Sponsored

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for posting this. Had not been in a situation to notice it.
With all the electronics the Bronco has I sure hope recirculation stays ON when we flat tow.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I donā€™t know if this HVAC system is supposed to be the ā€œnew normalā€, but it is without a doubt the weirdest, most counterintuitive system Iā€™ve ever experienced in a vehicle. I love the Bronco, and I totally get that it has lots of little quirks that the typical passenger sedan/SUV/pickup truck doesnā€™t have. And Iā€™m fine with most of those.

But come onā€¦ Between this recirc issue, and the floor vents that never work properly (if at all), the fan speed that varies between ā€œhighā€ and ā€œCategory 4 hurricaneā€, the temp settings that blow cold air out when you set it to 75Ā° and itā€™s 60Ā° outsideā€¦ Itā€™s unbelievable.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, is this goofy behavior only on the auto system or does the basic manual A/C do this too?

I normally just turn the knob to Max A/C whenever I want A/C and leave it there for 9 months.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, is this goofy behavior only on the auto system or does the basic manual A/C do this too?

I normally just turn the knob to Max A/C whenever I want A/C and leave it there for 9 months.
My Base does it also.

Took me awhile to figure out why this seemed to be the coldest damn vehicle I have ever driven .... turning the recirc on helped A LOT ... then it would turn off a few minutes later.
First vehicle where I have wanted the heat on the floor to keep my legs warm.
The issue is it gets my feet hot, they sweat, then I'm wearing wet socks all day, trying to work outside in the winter ..... VERY bad combination.

It really does piss me off.
Along with the seemingly 10 second delay from adjusting the fan until the speed actually changes .... fucking seriously????
Like we need a valuable chip to control the fan speed for us on our Base models!!!
WTF, Over?

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am REALLY pissed about this. I do NOT want outside air unless I need to defog. I have bad allergies and I have to drive by multiple chicken houses. The other day it literally turned recirculate off every mile I drove. This is total crap and a deal breaker for me. I have also notices the wind blowing harder the faster I go. I dont want THAT either. I turn it down to 1 and it blows hot or cold full blast.
Totally agree. It's really annoying. I tried to take it to the dealer but the services advisor didn't have any idea of what I was talinkg about.

Sponsored

Bunky67

Outer Banks
First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door Outerbanks w/Sasquatch package
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Base does it also.

Took me awhile to figure out why this seemed to be the coldest damn vehicle I have ever driven .... turning the recirc on helped A LOT ... then it would turn off a few minutes later.
First vehicle where I have wanted the heat on the floor to keep my legs warm.
The issue is it gets my feet hot, they sweat, then I'm wearing wet socks all day, trying to work outside in the winter ..... VERY bad combination.

It really does piss me off.
Along with the seemingly 10 second delay from adjusting the fan until the speed actually changes .... fucking seriously????
Like we need a valuable chip to control the fan speed for us on our Base models!!!
WTF, Over?
Same on the outer Banks model

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Iā€™ve had my recirc mode come on by itself, not turn offā€¦

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From what Iā€™ve experienced, the Manual seems to be wrong on what triggers the shutoff. For me, it only turns off when I reach highway speeds for more than 15min or so. I do most driving in the city, and get on the highway maybe once a week, which is the only time it turns off.

dmmjr_gas

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser - Magma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had no idea this even happens!!! I never use recirc. Hmmmmm...

I wonder if this is something that could be changed in Forscan?
I've tried many options in Forscan and nothing changes the recirc setting to stay on. I'm really tired of this and am considering selling the truck because of it. It's a great truck but I CAN'T STAND THE A/C!

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every Ford does this now. Its not a Bronco only "feature". Highly aggravating. It was an engineering solution to a problem the explorer had with exhaust buildup in the cabin.
I'm sure that's exactly what it's about. Keeping HVAC on fresh air keeps cabin slightly pressurized so exhaust isn't drawn in around back of vehicle. The problem is worse with square backed vehicles, which most SUVs are. And in today's litigious world, having exhaust odor in the cabin is something an automotive manufacturer can't risk. The Explorer thing was a giant headache for Ford, and it wasn't really that big of a deal. I drove 4 of that body style Explorer for company cars when I was with Ford for over 100K miles all together , and I think I experienced smelling exhaust a grand total of 8 to 10 times after a long, hard acceleration. So, it sounds like they are trying to stop the problem on Broncos before it gets started.
Sponsored

Last edited: