Sponsored

Recommendations for Molle Paneling to protect sides of cargo?

breezyxm

Outer Banks
First Name
bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unfortunately, my baby is getting the crap kicked out of her between traveling with cargo and dogs.

I've looked at a few Molle Paneling to protect the sides of the cargo, but wanted to see if anyone had any opinions on links I did find or if you have any other options?

Thanks in advance!

(reference: 4 dr soft top outer banks)

Option 1
Putco Side Cargo MOLLE Panel
Ford Bronco Recommendations for Molle Paneling to protect sides of cargo? Screenshot 2023-12-03 152926

Option 2
BuiltRight Industries MOLLE Compatible Cargo Panel; Full Kit
Ford Bronco Recommendations for Molle Paneling to protect sides of cargo? Screenshot 2023-12-03 152837
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ve been looking around at these as well. The plastic trim in my cargo bay looks like I keep wild tigers locked in there.

M2M has a nice looking set I’ve been eyeballing but still shopping around

https://mountains2metal.com/cargo-bundle-for-4-door-bronco/

the BuiltRight ones looks like the lower screw goes into the plastic trim. The Putco ones look like they replace the factory tie down rings (or at least block them). I can’t tell exactly how the M2M ones look inside on mounting - part of the reason I haven’t pulled the trigger anywhere yet

Found this pic - it looks like lower screws go into plastic as well?
Ford Bronco Recommendations for Molle Paneling to protect sides of cargo? br6crmpyco_edited__28352.1700510837

Last edited:

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve been looking around at these as well. The plastic trim in my cargo bay looks like I keep wild tigers locked in there.

the BuiltRight ones looks like the lower screw goes into the plastic trim. The Putco ones look like they replace the factory tie down rings (or at least block them). I can’t tell exactly how the M2M ones look inside on mounting - part of the reason I haven’t pulled the trigger anywhere yet

Ford Bronco Recommendations for Molle Paneling to protect sides of cargo? br6crmpyco_edited__28352.1700510837
The lower screws on the Mountains2Metal are on brackets that attach to the load floor tie down points (under them)

OP
OP
breezyxm

breezyxm

Outer Banks
First Name
bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

br6crmpyco_edited__28352.1700510837.jpg
I looked at a few youtube videos and the instructions for the m2m one. If you have a hardtop your set and good to go with this but if your have a soft top it won't work. :-(

Looks like i was wrong! which is good news lol

Last edited:

Mountains2Metal

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150, 67 Bronco, 94 Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's a video or two on YouTube for the

i was worried that the m2m ones wouldnt work for a soft top?
The cargo molle panels all work with a soft top or hard top. I am currently running a soft top setup on my Bronco.

Sponsored
OP
OP
breezyxm

breezyxm

Outer Banks
First Name
bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The cargo molle panels all work with a soft top or hard top. I am currently running a soft top setup on my Bronco.
Is there a video on the soft top? that would be amazing if it is I'll go back on the website to see if i can find instructions for the ST to.

Mountains2Metal

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150, 67 Bronco, 94 Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a video on the soft top? that would be amazing if it is I'll go back on the website to see if i can find instructions for the ST to.

The install is basically the same for the hard top or soft top. The only difference is which bolt holes are used for the main support bracket.

Fast forward to right around 1 minute in this video to see the main support bracket install. It explains the difference between the hard top and soft top install.

There is no drilling into plastic either....

OP
OP
breezyxm

breezyxm

Outer Banks
First Name
bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

The install is basically the same for the hard top or soft top. The only difference is which bolt holes are used for the main support bracket.

Fast forward to right around 1 minute in this video to see the main support bracket install. It explains the difference between the hard top and soft top install.

There is no drilling into plastic either....
you are now in the running!

fireman297

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the Mountains 2 Metal mollle in my Bronco. They are amazing and mount to points already in the back. There is no drilling that needs to be done. They are very sturdy and go well with their whole rear system. I.e., upper mollle and shelf system.
Ford Bronco Recommendations for Molle Paneling to protect sides of cargo? 8BD2E901-803E-4BCD-92AB-8401DF308FB7

CA4B204F-EC95-4A74-A357-FE818E0CC06E.png

ACA156DB-A9F2-4AF2-9C96-2399FD192FA3.png

OP
OP
breezyxm

breezyxm

Outer Banks
First Name
bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the Mountains 2 Metal mollle in my Bronco. They are amazing and mount to points already in the back. There is no drilling that needs to be done. They are very sturdy and go well with their whole rear system. I.e., upper mollle and shelf system.
Ford Bronco Recommendations for Molle Paneling to protect sides of cargo? ACA156DB-A9F2-4AF2-9C96-2399FD192FA3

Ford Bronco Recommendations for Molle Paneling to protect sides of cargo? ACA156DB-A9F2-4AF2-9C96-2399FD192FA3

any issues with installing on the sides?

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Should let us all know the results on what you decided after you get it installed. I'm currently trying to figure out the same thing.

I am leaning towards @Mountains2Metal since they have a full cargo mounting system and that shelf is handy. But I also really like American Adventure Labs stuff, and their cargo shelf is both larger and has more adjustability to it. (AAL does not have full cargo molle panels though.)

At any rate, I can vouch for the quality of the Builtright stuff. They are actually local to me and bunch of nice guys. Normally I would just go buy their stuff since they're down the road and I can save on shipping. But I've gotten myself stuck trying to figure out exactly what I want to do, and since these companies have built "systems" around their product I need to figure out which system I want to go with.

OP
OP
breezyxm

breezyxm

Outer Banks
First Name
bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Should let us all know what you decide and get it installed. I'm currently trying to figure out the same thing.

I am leaning towards @Mountains2Metal since they have a full cargo mounting system and that shelf is handy. But I also really like American Adventure Labs stuff, and their cargo shelf is both larger and has more adjustability to it. (AAL does not have full cargo molle panels though.)

At any rate, I can vouch for the quality of the Builtright stuff. They are actually local to me and bunch of nice guys. Normally I would just go buy their stuff since they're down the road and I can save on shipping. But I've gotten myself stuck trying to figure out exactly what I want to do, and since these companies have built "systems" around their product I need to figure out which system I want to go with.
i want to go with the option 1 brand for the tailgate itself. i haven't found a tailgate molle panel that i like more than that one.

I'll defiantly keep u in the loop. I'm going to pm u so we can bounce ideas back and forth. I think were on the same wave length when it comes to this.

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B491BMDK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I went with Maxzina one just because it was super inexpensive. You will see others like it on Amazon. I think they come from the same manufacturer. I wanted to protect my sides just like you. I ended up taking them off and reselling them on this forum.

Overall, they were great. Did the job. But 3 things to note...

1. I love my soft top and like to take off the top a lot so they made that really difficult because they covered where the panel is to get the screws out.

2. Reclining the seats in the rear to make them just a little more comfortable was more difficult. I had to forcefully push it to make it go back so these fit better with the back seats more upright. I assume that is the case with a lot of the ones listed.

3. They do take up a a little more room in the trunk. I have 2 subwoofers back there so space was already limited. It's not a lot but they will take up a couple of extra inches in width and I figured I could use the space.

I ended up with a molle panel for the tailgate to hook my bags and stuff too so that helps with the storage problem.

Good luck to you.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

These are currently unavailable and I'm trying to find an alternative seller. The Bro Addict ones are almost identical except they don't have the cutout for the storage/speaker opening.
Yeah, very similar. Free returns is why I don’t mind buying and trying. These molle panels aren’t too complex so I wasn’t thinking of buying expensive ones. From what I found, they were plenty sturdy for what I was using them for.
Sponsored