indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Depends on what you want to do with it. I have a Big Bend, non-Sas with 35" and it drives perfectly fine. As a matter of fact, I was concerned when I put on 35"s but truth be told, didn't really notice much of a difference at all. Car has 0 problems finding the right gear.
Agreed. "What you want to do with it" should be the first question, when determining the componentry (but often isn't).

Anyway OP, I think you can put some relatively low cost spacers on the stock springs if needed, and then you might need some +30 or so offset wheels, to avoid 35" tires rubbing? Otherwise for someone wanting to replicate all of Sas capability, then sorry to say you should have gone Sas, it's hard to beat for the cost/effort.

fyi, in case you think Sas is needed for off-roading, I off-roaded for years in the Rockies with open diffs and 31" tires, as did most of my friends, before buying elockers and all this other candy became a stock thing. (And we had no money, lol.) The photo in my signature, is me climbing slickrock at Moab, in my CJ-7 with open diffs and 31" tires.

Around here, you'd think people need locking diffs for their trip to Walmart. :) In reality you can have loads of fun off-road even on difficult trails, without all the extra stuff, if you're a reasonably good driver.
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You probably won't even notice the gearing on the road. The 10sp will find the right gear and it has a LOT to choose from.

There might be a slight different on the trail as you want the maximum torque in the lowest gear. But you probably need to be in some pretty gnarly stuff before you notice.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agreed. "What you want to do with it" should be the first question, when determining the componentry (but often isn't).

Anyway OP, I think you can put some relatively low cost spacers on the stock springs if needed, and then you might need some +30 or so offset wheels, to avoid 35" tires rubbing? Otherwise for someone wanting to replicate all of Sas capability, then sorry to say you should have gone Sas, it's hard to beat for the cost/effort.

fyi, in case you think Sas is needed for off-roading, I off-roaded for years in the Rockies with open diffs and 31" tires, as did most of my friends, before buying elockers and all this other candy became a stock thing. (And we had no money, lol.) The photo in my signature, is me climbing slickrock at Moab, in my CJ-7 with open diffs and 31" tires.

Around here, you'd think people need locking diffs for their trip to Walmart. :) In reality you can have loads of fun off-road even on difficult trails, without all the extra stuff, if you're a reasonably good driver.
Not having lockers means having to think more about your line of attack. Some of the most fun vehicles I have ever wheeled didn't have lockers. Rocking 35s open/open nothing a little wheel spin couldn't fix.

Ford Bronco Regearing for 35's PXL_20220625_231736724

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Another angle, try a nice light 33" tire. You'll be so impressed by the looks compared to the stock 30's you'll never notice the slight performance difference. As others have said the 10spd will find a proper gear.

Evans67bro

Black Diamond
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250, 67Bronco,2022 BD,2023 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In a perfect world you would need lower gears but in the real world it will be fine. I wheeled my 67 bronco for years with 3:50 gears and limited slip with 33s then 35s. Pick the right line and you will be fine.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jhopkinson

Jhopkinson

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 4dr SAS, 22 Base 2dr SAS, 2021 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks everyone I appreciate all of you responses. Honestly it will probably never be off road much, I don't really have the need for all the SAS functions, really just want the look.(That's why I was willing to drop it) We already have an OB SAS my wife drives, and I can't have my rig looking smaller...lol. I think I will get it, lift it a little and try the 35's. If I don't feel it's up to snuff, I'll drop down to 33's or 32's. Eventually I'm sure the aftermarket will have more options should I need to regear.

M Redwood

Big Bend
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BB,BASE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have no issues with 35s on base especially with 10 speed auto it is very zippy for me. and off road you have low 4wd gears...not an issue imo

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you want SAS then walk away and reorder. You already have one SAS Bronco in the household, so you’ll know what you’re missing.