First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I got my Rek Gen Trophy Sport flaps on. I think they are pretty good. Installation is pretty simple. They use screws and plastic speed clips with spacers and washers to install. I wish they were a little bit longer and a little more flexible. They are a somewhat pliable plastic. They do press on the factory rock sliders but I think it's fine. You can see they'd fit a little bit better without the sliders. I'm installing Shrockworks sliders this weekend and I don't think they'll conflict at all. They do look very good though.
Have you found them long enough to actually block mud, water, rocks, etc. from hitting the side of the Bronco? The Rokblokz are back in stock and seem to be a little longer, but hesitant to pull the trigger on those.
Sponsored

Jgtln

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got my Rek Gen Trophy Sport flaps on. I think they are pretty good. Installation is pretty simple. They use screws and plastic speed clips with spacers and washers to install. I wish they were a little bit longer and a little more flexible. They are a somewhat pliable plastic. They do press on the factory rock sliders but I think it's fine. You can see they'd fit a little bit better without the sliders. I'm installing Shrockworks sliders this weekend and I don't think they'll conflict at all. They do look very good though.

20220415_193927.jpg

20220415_195751.jpg

20220415_202818.jpg

20220415_202911.jpg

20220415_203049.jpg

20220415_204424.jpg

[/QU

20220415_193927.jpg

20220415_195751.jpg

20220415_202818.jpg

20220415_202911.jpg

20220415_203049.jpg

20220415_204424.jpg
I have a heat gun. Do you think I could heat them up and mold them to the rock rails better? Think the material will take the heat?

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a heat gun. Do you think I could heat them up and mold them to the rock rails better? Think the material will take the heat?
Hard to say, you might risk damaging the textured finish with heat.

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you found them long enough to actually block mud, water, rocks, etc. from hitting the side of the Bronco? The Rokblokz are back in stock and seem to be a little longer, but hesitant to pull the trigger on those.
I haven't gone 4 wheeling since putting them on yet. I had some cheap temporary Plasticolor ones on before and they were longer but I'd still get snow build up on my rear fenders. I'm sure they will help but I do with they were a tad longer. I dont think the rockblokz are worth the price at all. I'd put my cheapo ones back on if I absolutely have to get longer ones.

Sponsored

KrazeeEyezKilla

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
They now have a page for the trophy sports:
https://rekgen.com/collections/ford...trophy-sport-mud-flaps?variant=39604284129338
These are no drill installation, right? And easy enough to remove if off-roading?
Although the webpage doesn't have an option for front only or rear only, others have reported if you email or call them RekGen will do either for $90. It looks like no drilling required; uses existing attachment points. While I don't think the design is intended for removal for OR, I don't see why you couldn't do that with some minor tools. Perhaps, could even modify the hardware type to make it easier, I suppose.

I'm torn between the original ones with the black stainless piece and the trophy sport. Probably trophy sport to keep it simple and streamlined.

Jgtln

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I worry that the trophy sports wont cover enough. They look too short.

Meals20

Base
First Name
Meals
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Frontier, 2008 Focus, 2008 Sprinter
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree. Just what I am looking for, but worry about the functionality of the length.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I agree. Just what I am looking for, but worry about the functionality of the length.
It's hard to get a good read on the front length from the pics, especially with no rock rail present in the pics. An extra inch or two on the fronts would be nice but thinking for $90 it's worth a try. The Gatorbacks and Rokblokz are both so long (too long) they look like they are dragging knuckles on the ground, and for those crazy prices it's hard to buy knowing they are so long you'll be cutting them down a bit (on the Rokblokz; don't see a way to do that with the Gators).

Sponsored

Jgtln

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I really don't want to add mud flaps because the bronco looks better without them, but I also don't want chips all over it either. Of all the options that are available, these look the best, but if they don't work then there is no point in getting them.

Jgtln

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's hard to get a good read on the front length from the pics, especially with no rock rail present in the pics. An extra inch or two on the fronts would be nice but thinking for $90 it's worth a try. The Gatorbacks and Rokblokz are both so long (too long) they look like they are dragging knuckles on the ground, and for those crazy prices it's hard to buy knowing they are so long you'll be cutting them down a bit (on the Rokblokz; don't see a way to do that with the Gators).
Please keep us posted on how they work!

KrazeeEyezKilla

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Although the webpage doesn't have an option for front only or rear only, others have reported if you email or call them RekGen will do either for $90. It looks like no drilling required; uses existing attachment points. While I don't think the design is intended for removal for OR, I don't see why you couldn't do that with some minor tools. Perhaps, could even modify the hardware type to make it easier, I suppose.

I'm torn between the original ones with the black stainless piece and the trophy sport. Probably trophy sport to keep it simple and streamlined.
Reading the product description it's not clear if the rears would work with a FE, maybe because of the heavy duty bumper?

Ford Bronco RekGen mudflaps! 1651681812626

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Camry, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Someone recently suggested Bro Flaps for $80 on the front end. I placed my order through Etsy. I haven't gotten them yet but I could buy 3.5 sets before hitting the RokBloks.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1165742085/bro-flaps-bronco-front-mudflaps-splash?click_key=ad8e1e669843f087f0c3deea5d17312781f66dbd:1165742085&click_sum=4b91b154&ref=sold_out-2&frs=1

Not sure how they will work out but they look the part and seller contacted me to confirm what model I have and shipped them out the same day.
Thanks for the link. I just placed my order too. Hopefully these work well. The weathertechs are ugly, and the others are crazy expensive.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Reading the product description it's not clear if the rears would work with a FE, maybe because of the heavy duty bumper?

Ford Bronco RekGen mudflaps! 1651681812626
They will work on the rear bumper of the First Edition since it lists Wildtrak as a model the rear flaps fit. Wildtrak (as well as some others) have the same rear bumper as the First Edition.
Sponsored