TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The rekgens look great but has anyone had an success installing the ford molded plastic ones w a ford step (OBX)? Just trying to be a little bit more economical.
Candidly, for a savings of roughly $60-65, the Ford molded plastic ones where you have to manufacture your own bracket and drill the flap into your flare, is not worth it. The RekGens met my expectations on a very clean fit and so much more. Such a clean and easy fit for just $90. No drilling. The RekGens are not getting near the attention they deserve for the cost. These things are a solid solution at a good price.
Sponsored

mjkrawczykjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Candidly, for a savings of roughly $60-65, the Ford molded plastic ones where you have to manufacture your own bracket and drill the flap into your flare, is not worth it. The RekGens met my expectations on a very clean fit and so much more. Such a clean and easy fit for just $90. No drilling. The RekGens are not getting near the attention they deserve for the cost. These things are a solid solution at a good price.
Thanks for the feedback. Did you also get them for the rear? Any issue with non sas?

Meals20

Base
First Name
Meals
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Frontier, 2008 Focus, 2008 Sprinter
Your Bronco Model
Base
ReckGens for the win! Couldn't find instructions, but easy enough to figure out. Only hiccup was the inner screw on the front. First installed the provided grommet on the inside of the fender liner, I had to take it out and install on the outside of the liner so it pinches enough for the screw to bite. The pics make it looks closer to the ground than they actually are.
Ford Bronco RekGen mudflaps! PXL_20220525_215834724
Ford Bronco RekGen mudflaps! PXL_20220525_215828033
Ford Bronco RekGen mudflaps! PXL_20220525_215842402

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks for the feedback. Did you also get them for the rear? Any issue with non sas?
I did not get them for the rear. I have SAS so not sure about fit on non-SAS. Their web page for the flaps does not mention non-SAS but does say other models coming soon. You might reach out to them and ask about non-SAS fitment. I found the best way to get a hold of them was to call them. Super responsive; in fact, when I had a measurement question, the guy put me on hold...went outside...measured and gave me the details I had asked about.

mjkrawczykjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I did not get them for the rear. I have SAS so not sure about fit on non-SAS. Their web page for the flaps does not mention non-SAS but does say other models coming soon. You might reach out to them and ask about non-SAS fitment. I found the best way to get a hold of them was to call them. Super responsive; in fact, when I had a measurement question, the guy put me on hold...went outside...measured and gave me the details I had asked about.
Ok thanks!

Sponsored

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Installed the rear ones 2 1/2 inches higher with minor modifications.
Ford Bronco RekGen mudflaps! 20220526_124703
Ford Bronco RekGen mudflaps! 20220526_124518

Picture of front standard size flap for size reference.
Ford Bronco RekGen mudflaps! 20220530_065034

Last edited:

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just ordered these yesterday. The sales rep through email suggested that I get the longer fronts due to having the Outerbanks running boards. He did verify that they would work with our sqatch. I ordered fronts and rears. I will post pics as soon as they show and get installed.

As a side note...he did tell me to use the code HERO at checkout. It took $25 off. If that is not working for you I would just ask them through email if they have any codes to use.
Any update? I’m dying to know how these fit on non-squatch.
they’re killing me with the slow release of additional models. “Coming soon” = ford-speak! 😂

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

ReckGens for the win! Couldn't find instructions, but easy enough to figure out. Only hiccup was the inner screw on the front. First installed the provided grommet on the inside of the fender liner, I had to take it out and install on the outside of the liner so it pinches enough for the screw to bite. The pics make it looks closer to the ground than they actually are.
Are these the XL trophy? I just ordered the regular ones, but now I’m wondering if I should have got the bigger ones

Meals20

Base
First Name
Meals
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are these the XL trophy? I just ordered the regular ones, but now I’m wondering if I should have got the bigger ones
Yup, the XL. I did the same as you, but called before they shipped and they switched them to the XL. I'll grab a pic with tape measure in a bit.

Meals20

Base
First Name
Meals
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Trophy XL
Ford Bronco RekGen mudflaps! PXL_20220528_191211866
Ford Bronco RekGen mudflaps! PXL_20220528_191219591

Sponsored

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Trophy XL
Just don’t know if I can commit to that much coverage, they are massive! Gonna try the standard ones first see how they do, may order these too. Appreciate the pics 😃

Blue Hen

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just order a set of mud flaps for my future Bronco. More positive results on this brand compared to the others. $190 for front XL and rears. Ford $900, RokBlok $400. Looks like installation is much easier than RokBlok's. I will look to see what I can do to make them easy to remove for off roading. Thanks everyone for taking the time to post your reviews.

Bronco Bri

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fusion, 1966 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Installed the rear ones 2 1/2 inches higher with minor modifications.
Hello. Looks like you have a Wildtrak. Do you have factory side steps? Im getting a Wildtrak and heard some different brands of mud flaps won’t fit with side steps?? Any input is appreciated.!

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hello. Looks like you have a Wildtrak. Do you have factory side steps? Im getting a Wildtrak and heard some different brands of mud flaps won’t fit with side steps?? Any input is appreciated.!
Yes, I have a Wildtrak with Ford factory steps and the RekGen mud flaps work great with them.

Bronco Bri

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fusion, 1966 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, I have a Wildtrak with Ford factory steps and the RekGen mud flaps work great with them.
Awesome. Thanks for the quick reply! How do you like the truck so far? I just got word mine was built on Thursday and shipped to the Dealership. Woo!
Sponsored