Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Let’s rein it in a bit. Seems from the posts that actually pertain to the question that the bronco is not programmed like my previous vehicles. So when we get to a decent overnight temp I’ll just switch it off in the menu
Sponsored

Last edited:

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I try to never just start and drive my cars I routinely remote start for a t least 5 minutes. My other vehicles would have a cutoff temp that the heated seats would not turn in automatically. Seems the bronco does not it was in the high 70’s yesterday and above 60 this morning and they still came on. I know they can be disabled in the system but my bronco is going back the the dealer tomorrow and didn’t know if it was worth mentioning to the service writer. If that’s just how it is then I’ll change the setting until fall.
Owner's manual, page 115. 72 degrees.

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Owner's manual, page 115. 72 degrees.
That says it heats/cools the cabin to 72* and the seats may come on in cold weather. It was high 70’s and they were still on yesterday. Man I miss an actually owners manual flipping through the screen and finding anything is rough for me lol. Give me the book. Then I can kick back with a coffee or tea and study up.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If I had more than a 3 min drive to work I may agree with you. It’s important to get the oil up to temp otherwise you end up with excessive moisture in the engine. I also follow a the shorter oil change intervals and service recommendations. If I was worried a great deal about emissions I would have bought a Prius.
If you cycle through the dash view and display the oil temp you will find it hits operating temperature by the time you buckle your seat belt and check the rear view camera.

If you ate really worried about dry starts there are electric oil pumps that will circulate your engine oil before you start. But also think about the oil you have, modern full and part synthetics do not drain completely into the pan overnight like old Dino oils. Your valvetrain and pistons have lube at cold start. Once started your engine can be run flat out with no additional warmup needed.

OTOH, remote start and passenger compartment warmup can greatly help removing ice and snow

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That says it heats/cools the cabin to 72* and the seats may come on in cold weather. It was high 70’s and they were still on yesterday. Man I miss an actually owners manual flipping through the screen and finding anything is rough for me lol. Give me the book. Then I can kick back with a coffee or tea and study up.
you can print it out. It’s all there. Outside temp and what the sensor is reading are two different things. Perhaps this variance was in play.

Sponsored

BasSas

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry =/
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the display follow the next steps so the the heated seats don’t come on when using remote start. Settings, Vehicle, Remote start, seats, off

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you cycle through the dash view and display the oil temp you will find it hits operating temperature by the time you buckle your seat belt and check the rear view camera.

If you ate really worried about dry starts there are electric oil pumps that will circulate your engine oil before you start. But also think about the oil you have, modern full and part synthetics do not drain completely into the pan overnight like old Dino oils. Your valvetrain and pistons have lube at cold start. Once started your engine can be run flat out with no additional warmup needed.

OTOH, remote start and passenger compartment warmup can greatly help removing ice and snow
On the display follow the next steps so the the heated seats don’t come on when using remote start. Settings, Vehicle, Remote start, seats, off
I will when I no longer want them. Just used to my old Superduty where I never had to it did the thinking for me lol.
Sponsored