First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can’t seem to figure out how to set up the seat heat or heated steering wheel to come on with the remote start.
I have set them to “auto” in the menu but they don’t activate until I get in the vehicle and push the start button.
any ideas?
Sponsored

LSTLAF

First Name
Glort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sphere shaped craft
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Interesting, mine were both set to on (heated seat and steering wheel) with remote start. It crossed my mind as well how to modify this, just haven't looked in to it yet.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can’t seem to figure out how to set up the seat heat or heated steering wheel to come on with the remote start.
I have set them to “auto” in the menu but they don’t activate until I get in the vehicle and push the start button.
any ideas?
Sure they're not working before you get it? Obviously the switches aren't going to light up until you start the truck. Also, the heated seats have a pressure switch in them. They won't be cozy warm or hit a higher temp until you're sitting in them.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They should come on but the buttons don't light up. When it's set to auto in the minus cold the seats are warm but maybe not on full power. I have noticed that if it is not really cold they don't come on. If you turn them on before you get out they will definitely come on. I have also noticed that the heater blower speed does not seem to be on maximum until you push the start button. I still want to do some experimenting and as soon as I figure out why my laptop's wifi isn't working I will start playing with the Forscan.

OP
OP
Toffen

Toffen

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sure they're not working before you get it? Obviously the switches aren't going to light up until you start the truck. Also, the heated seats have a pressure switch in them. They won't be cozy warm or hit a higher temp until you're sitting in them.
The seat heat buttons are not illuminated until I press the start button on the dash, and the seats are stone cold!
What is the point of having them turned on if they don’t heat up until you are sitting in them?
Are you sure about this pressure switch theory?
I know that I can warm up my passenger seat with the truck running and no passenger in the seat…

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The seat heat buttons are not illuminated until I press the start button on the dash, and the seats are stone cold!
What is the point of having them turned on if they don’t heat up until you are sitting in them?
I know that I can warm up my passenger seat with the truck running and no passenger in the seat…
100% there is a switch in them...
They won't go to full, high heat with nobody sitting in them.
How long are you letting it warm up before getting in??
Your steering wheel will heat up much faster.

NeoS281

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When using remote start my seat heaters enable the highest setting. I usually remote start my Bronco 10-15 min prior to entry so by then I really notice the warmth of the seat. As you mentioned, the heated seat button doesn't illuminate until you've pushed the start button.

If you haven't done so already, try testing the functionality by remote starting for 10 minutes and see if you notice a difference in the seat temperature. You may even notice after a few minutes. If not, maybe its something that should get looked at by your Ford dealer

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Amazing.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

any ideas?
That's odd. I was going to say it may not be cold enough until I saw your location. I don't have my Bronco yet, but the wife's Mustang drivers seat comes on with remote start. If ya don't mind I'm gonna hang around to see if there's a fix. Good luck.

Last edited:

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my bronco is in the shop ATM, but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing options for this in the settings

my steering wheel and seats are already on and warm when I remote start

Sponsored

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine auto started this morning. No lights for seat heat until I hit the start button but the seat was hot as heck. It was 59 outside this morning at my house. I would like to figure out how to turn it off if i want to. I will probably cancel my auto start until it gets colder. We have been unusually warm here this winter so far. I would like it to be set at a lower setting even when it is really cold out. I do not need "the fires of hell" for the .7 miles I have to drive to work. I just want to have it warm enough that water does not condensate in the exhaust all the time and cause it to rust sooner.

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's a climate setting. You can either set it to "remember last setting" which will go to the temperature you had when you shut the vehicle off and the same seat heat settings. Or you can have it set to "auto" which automatically sets the temperature to 23C (will heat in the winter or cool in the summer).

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In previous vehicles like my Flex, it would not enable the function of heated seats UNLESS it was set to Auto climate controls. I always use Auto, and my seats are on high heat when I get in (or the last heat setting I had them at), when I use the auto remote start. That might be your issue if Ford has again tied it to the "Auto" climate setting on the dash when you turn it off. Just my 2 cents. Also, it wont activate the seat warming unless the temp it senses is below a threshold I am not sure we can adjust.

OP
OP
Toffen

Toffen

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In previous vehicles like my Flex, it would not enable the function of heated seats UNLESS it was set to Auto climate controls. I always use Auto, and my seats are on high heat when I get in (or the last heat setting I had them at), when I use the auto remote start. That might be your issue if Ford has again tied it to the "Auto" climate setting on the dash when you turn it off. Just my 2 cents. Also, it wont activate the seat warming unless the temp it senses is below a threshold I am not sure we can adjust.
Well I gave that a shot, no luck…
After 10 min of idling, seat was stone cold…

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well I gave that a shot, no luck…
After 10 min of idling, seat was stone cold…
And to confirm, the steering wheel doesnt heat either? What is the outdoor temperature at the moment of testing? From day 1 my heated steering wheel and seats were set to "Cook the passenger" mode during remote startup. Odd.
Sponsored