Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was able to successfully pull mine off with the correct TORX bit with no issue at all. There was a small amount of blue locktite but honestly it didn't seem to "lock" much at all.

I used an 18" breaker bar with lots of positive pressure "pushing" on the bit into the bolts while slowly introducing loosening pressure. Not a single one got marred at all. I put anti-sieze on the bolts for re-installation and that's all she wrote.

One thing worth mentioning, I could have sworn I saw photos of the SAS wheels without beauty rings and they were silver/unpainted underneath. My wheels where completely black so I almost didn't even paint the rings and left them off.

Edit: English is hard.
When I removed the silver rings off my base, the rim was black underneath. When I removed the black rings off the wildtrak rims, they were silver underneath. Figure it out...lol
Sponsored

Ranbronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really? I haven't seen anybody post this yet. If there is a leak there, you have a defective wheel.
my spare is leaking, removal /cleaning/lube / reinstall no joy

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Okay, and if stripped... What's the solution? 😭

Tried the methods listed here, but one bolt was really stuck and unfortunately won't budge. It's not fully stripped yet, but it's not moving...

Suggestions?

Sponsored

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay, and if stripped... What's the solution? 😭

Tried the methods listed here, but one bolt was really stuck and unfortunately won't budge. It's not fully stripped yet, but it's not moving...

Suggestions?
Get a tungsten drill bit that's a smaller diameter than the bolt and drill that fucker out.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Get a tungsten drill bit that's a smaller diameter than the bolt and drill that fucker out.
Yeah, that's probably what I'll need to do.

Now it's pretty stripped. The only one damn bolt. Of course... 🤦‍♂️

Tried the rubber band method. Didn't work.

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Stuffing steel whool into the bolt head can work sometimes but with high torque my experience is that it still strips out. Could be worth a shot before boring it out, though.

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Also, but more risk, is welding a stand off to the bolt and backing it out with pliers.

Good luck.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Also, but more risk, is welding a stand off to the bolt and backing it out with pliers.

Good luck.
Well, I'd rather dremel a slot and try a screwdriver bit versus the torx, but I'll try the steel wool first.

Really upsetting because it was the only bolt. All the other 59 were fine. Wondering how I could have done it differently... 🤦‍♂️

Sponsored

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I'd rather dremel a slot and try a screwdriver bit versus the torx, but I'll try the steel wool first.

Really upsetting because it was the only bolt. All the other 59 were fine. Wondering how I could have done it differently... 🤦‍♂️
Murphys law. If it can go wrong, it will go wrong. Just laugh about it and enjoy the puzzle.

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Get a high speed cutting discount 1/16 thick and cut a slot then get a big flathead screwdriver with a hex shaft put a big wrench on it a volia

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base

Is the torx(+) screw head stripped out and/or the screw seized in the wheel? Lots of good ideas but if none of them or an extractor tool/bit won’t budge it then drilling and tapping is probably the only option. 🫤
Sponsored