Sponsored

Repaint Chip or vinyl / decal to cover it up ?

ifrankyr

Big Bend
First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco BigBend / 2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well I understand rock chips are bound to happen but this one really hurts since I pretty much have the whole front end ppf except for the A pillars. Was waiting for the weekend to install them. It sure is an eye sore since it’s pretty much eye level every time I get into the bronco. I’ve gotten quotes from mobile paint repair guys from $300-$500. Or should I just do a vinyl / decal design on the lower half of the pillar to cover it up. Touch up paint doesn’t help much with how deep and gnarly the impact was. The last picture I’m toying with the idea of adding a stripe along the side of the bronco and having it start 1/4th from the pillar. Side note: this is my first new car ever so I’m still babying it and sorry if I’m being over dramatic, but any ideas on a creative way to cover up the chip by implementing something on both pillars to match.

D2816BBE-2BB3-4F7B-8D11-01C3DEA17BD1.jpeg

F3AAF21B-74D9-45E2-9BB5-6A01BF9CAC2F.jpeg

63F291EB-0E13-401C-9ED3-ED617CAD7352.png
Sponsored

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah I think that may be a steel portion? Still unclear to me which sections exactly are steel and aluminum and haven’t had a magnet in my pocket to check. If it’s steel it’s definitely worth painting, looks aside

OP
OP
ifrankyr

ifrankyr

Big Bend
First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah I think that may be a steel portion? Still unclear to me which sections exactly are steel and aluminum and haven’t had a magnet in my pocket to check. If it’s steel it’s definitely worth painting, looks aside
Leaning to painting it and ppf right away. I use to do auto detailing for a living so it’s really bugging me hahah. Plus it’s suck to know a paint job isn’t going to be oem finish but hope for it to be at least a 99% match

OP
OP
ifrankyr

ifrankyr

Big Bend
First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model