Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picked up my Bronco this morning. haven't had a lot of time to inspect but I did a quick wipe down of the areas and so far I'm happy with the fix. Now for some unknown reason the Body shop must of pulled off the plastic tailgate panel that covers the locking mechanism. When I opened my tailgate I noticed it was barley attached. I assume they were looking for the toolkit so they could use the pin guide that helps reattach the doors. When I went to fix it I noticed the little plastic latches that hold it to the tailgate were bent, making them too flimsy to hold tight. So dealer is calling the bodyshop and I'm still waiting to hear back but I assume they can just order that part and maybe in 2 1/2 years Ford can get it to my dealer for me. (JK It'll probably only take 14 weeks to get in) Also, I've now noticed about a 14" scratch in both of the front door jams where the bottom of front doors are scraping. I'll have to bring it in again for those to be aligned and painted.
Ford Bronco Rear Doors Chip Paint DF326436-11D9-46BF-83C6-0427C12F2961

0C6BC16F-86DB-4A76-92CA-81111A185E76.jpeg
Sponsored

coupon_ninja

Badlands
First Name
Abby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 2D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well this is fun. Dealer can't provide an ETR as they had to outsource the fix to a body shop who only went off the photos I took, but thinks due to how deep the chip is they need to repaint that area vs just doing a little touchup. I'm starting to regret taking it in. I should of just touched it up myself @Ford Motor Company
Mine has been in for the last two weeks. Iā€™m getting realky impatient. The explorer that they gave me a week in is not cutting it. On the other hand, between the door misalignment chips, barely painted hinges, and roll bar chip/tsb itā€™s going ti be 50% repainted. Hopefully they get it right šŸ˜ž

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine has been in for the last two weeks. Iā€™m getting realky impatient. The explorer that they gave me a week in is not cutting it. On the other hand, between the door misalignment chips, barely painted hinges, and roll bar chip/tsb itā€™s going ti be 50% repainted. Hopefully they get it right šŸ˜ž
Wowā€¦ Iā€™m dreading my appointment now.

My rear drivers side has this same issue. Tried touch up paint but the issue returns after a few door closings. I was told itā€™d be a half day job, which is fine - hope it doesnā€™t turn into a couple weeks!

coupon_ninja

Badlands
First Name
Abby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wowā€¦ Iā€™m dreading my appointment now.

My rear drivers side has this same issue. Tried touch up paint but the issue returns after a few door closings. I was told itā€™d be a half day job, which is fine - hope it doesnā€™t turn into a couple weeks!
if they have to repaint you will be at the mercy of the body shop. My dealer is subbing out to a body shop run by another mega dealerā€¦ so he told me a week, now we are into the 3rd week. Iā€™ve got one of his service loaners so Iā€™d hoped that would light a fire under him to keep tabs on it.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if they have to repaint you will be at the mercy of the body shop. My dealer is subbing out to a body shop run by another mega dealerā€¦ so he told me a week, now we are into the 3rd week. Iā€™ve got one of his service loaners so Iā€™d hoped that would light a fire under him to keep tabs on it.
I am going to the dealership I purchased it from, and actually booked the appointment directly with their own bodyshop manager, so it won't be outsourced. Hopefully that plays in my favour.

Sponsored

coupon_ninja

Badlands
First Name
Abby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am going to the dealership I purchased it from, and actually booked the appointment directly with their own bodyshop manager, so it won't be outsourced. Hopefully that plays in my favour.
yeah that sounds like a better plan than mine. All I hear from the service manager is ā€œI didnā€™t realize how backed up they wereā€ and ā€œIā€™m trying to get an answer from themā€

coupon_ninja

Badlands
First Name
Abby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So now Iā€™m approaching week 4. The body shop sent him pics of the actual doors looking bad on the sides. Iā€™m like dude. idgaf about the inside edge of the doors themselves. My whole complaint was when the doors came OFF the BODY looked bad. Well, I had a couple good rock chips in the bottom panel of the front doors, I guess that will be taken care of! I told ford guy ā€œyeah looks like theyre doing a sooper dooper good job and milking all that sweet sweet ford warranty $$ā€
next tuesday or wednesdayā€¦ NEXT wednesdayā€¦ NEXT friday šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
Today he said he will tell them I have a funeral to go to over the weekend and I HAVE to have it back šŸ¤£ I said, well that, or Im putting another 1000 miles on this loaner this weekend. Prob for me now is I need to tow and thereā€™s no tow package. If theis keeps up theyā€™ll be taking my trash to the dump for me.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So now Iā€™m approaching week 4. The body shop sent him pics of the actual doors looking bad on the sides. Iā€™m like dude. idgaf about the inside edge of the doors themselves. My whole complaint was when the doors came OFF the BODY looked bad. Well, I had a couple good rock chips in the bottom panel of the front doors, I guess that will be taken care of! I told ford guy ā€œyeah looks like theyre doing a sooper dooper good job and milking all that sweet sweet ford warranty $$ā€
next tuesday or wednesdayā€¦ NEXT wednesdayā€¦ NEXT friday šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
Today he said he will tell them I have a funeral to go to over the weekend and I HAVE to have it back šŸ¤£ I said, well that, or Im putting another 1000 miles on this loaner this weekend. Prob for me now is I need to tow and thereā€™s no tow package. If theis keeps up theyā€™ll be taking my trash to the dump for me.
Wow that sucks. I had my appointment on Monday and it took the body shop maybe two hours to fix the door and do a little bit of a touchup paint job on it. Itā€™s only been a few days but the door seems much better now. Fingers crossed.

Definitely glad I went to a Ford body shop and not a third-party.

coupon_ninja

Badlands
First Name
Abby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Rear Doors Chip Paint E575FF1C-4700-45DD-8ABC-C0FC1B987D58
Ford Bronco Rear Doors Chip Paint C1F9A197-1414-4ED5-8E6B-2A555F10088A

At this stage almost the entire thing will be repainted. Hopefully a pricey repaint will set off a couple alarm bells at Ford to stop half-assing the bright color paint jobs

OP
OP
GrumpyVet

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just started the process to get the front doors corrected since I noticed those now have the same issue the rears had. Waiting on the dealer to get approval from Ford and setup an appointment with the body shop.

Sponsored

treyrich

Wildtrak
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 1967 Fastback Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just started the process to get the front doors corrected since I noticed those now have the same issue the rears had. Waiting on the dealer to get approval from Ford and setup an appointment with the body shop.
Just to confirm, youā€™re saying that the front doors are also striking the body when they close and causing the paint to chip?

OP
OP
GrumpyVet

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to confirm, youā€™re saying that the front doors are also striking the body when they close and causing the paint to chip?
Yes, but in the front on both sides itā€™s more of a 10ā€ scratch on the doors themselves and in the jambs also the passenger side door has another 10ā€ scratch where itā€™s hitting the plastic molding surrounding the jamb. The scratches werenā€™t as noticeable as the chips in the rears but something I caught while inspecting after the rears were fixed.

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for nothing. I was blissfully ignorant of this until you pointed it out! I have the same problem on my driver side rear door. Thatā€™s despite having door edge guard ppf.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GrumpyVet

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picked it up from the body shop today. Not only did the scratched paint get fix but my front windows no longer rub while opening the doors.

coupon_ninja

Badlands
First Name
Abby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picked it up from the body shop today. Not only did the scratched paint get fix but my front windows no longer rub while opening the doors.
Mine still wasnā€™t painted properly. They spent a bunch of time on areas I didnā€™t care about, and couldnā€™t get the whole hinge area painted. On top of that, when they rehung the front doors, they arenā€™t aligned in the front so now I have the foot long abrasion from the front doors hitting the body. Itā€™s gotta go back in again, and I have a payment being reimbursed to me soon
Sponsored