Hbrichman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just checked mine and yup, I have the same chips on both passenger & driver side rear doors. I’m guessing this is an issue with every bronco. I’ll probably just throw some touch up paint on it at some point
Sponsored

Saltlife4shore

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I haven’t removed any doors yet but would that affect the alignment in anyway? Just wondering if this is going to turn into, every time they are pulled off they have to get re-aligned. Also called a dealer but it was 5pm on Sat and it went to voicemail, stating they were closed, so I will have to reach back out on Monday. How long did the expected fix take? Same day turn around hopefully.
I have done my own door alignment on my f150. When the 2015 F150 came out those doors were so out of alignment, some people couldn't open the door after hitting potholes, my door would just rattle away on the door pin and latch. Some doors were sticking out a 1/4 at the top of the door frame, light coming in, not making a seal. Alignment is not that hard and usually a mm here or there at the hinge should make the correction. I'll try to find the thread I had on F150Forums.

OP
OP
GrumpyVet

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well this is fun. Dealer can't provide an ETR as they had to outsource the fix to a body shop who only went off the photos I took, but thinks due to how deep the chip is they need to repaint that area vs just doing a little touchup. I'm starting to regret taking it in. I should of just touched it up myself @Ford Motor Company

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I noticed this last week my 2 door bronco paint is chipped in both corners too

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's the mark of Ford quality. It comes standard on all Broncos, 2 or 4 door.

In addition, mine came from the factory with touch up paint behind the striker on the driver door jamb. At least the paint pen passes as the factory finish.

Sponsored

coupon_ninja

Badlands
First Name
Abby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 2D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed mine a few weeks ago when I was detailing and putting on a ceramic coat. I’m taking it in tomorrow to have it looked at. I’m also going to press the issue of the front door hinges not getting a solid coat. My argument is if they give you a tool kit to remove the doors (and will sell you bags to store them), the obvious areas should be fully painted.

For the record, I’ve only removed the front doors, not the rear, and both of them have the bottom corner chip - one worse and bubbling.

* Also bringing up the tsb for the soft top velcro pads, since I have a sizable chip missing on the one side. I already covered it in the iag ppf but I’d be willing to sacrifice it for a repaint.

Ford Bronco Rear Doors Chip Paint 75B4E87E-28A6-42D4-A697-6CC9FA01F419

Ford Bronco Rear Doors Chip Paint 02C7EE58-84C2-45CD-BF9A-354E4B4E5BB0

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. My 4D has it too.

OP
OP
GrumpyVet

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got an update that body shop is on track to have it completed by EOW. I’m currently with no vehicle but did inquire on Ford policy around providing a rental while warranty work is being performed and the dealer stated they reimburse up to $35 a day on Ford rentals. So that’s an option if it goes longer. Also, and this is only my opinion, and I strongly recommend everyone ignore interweb posts from random dickfucks and or any other type of influencer/media outlet but, I love my Bronco, even with all its flaws, i.e. this issue, having to fully insert majority of the fuses, and tighten the negative terminal connections.

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got an update that body shop is on track to have it completed by EOW. I’m currently with no vehicle but did inquire on Ford policy around providing a rental while warranty work is being performed and the dealer stated they reimburse up to $35 a day on Ford rentals. So that’s an option if it goes longer. Also, and this is only my opinion, and I strongly recommend everyone ignore interweb posts from random dickfucks and or any other type of influencer/media outlet but, I love my Bronco, even with all its flaws, i.e. this issue, having to fully insert majority of the fuses, and tighten the negative terminal connections.
Can't wait to hear if you are happy with their work or if you still feel that you wish you had just touched it up yourself.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

just checked, it's on mine as well, added it to my (short) list of things to fix with the first service. I've never taken the doors off, nor will I. It looks like that corner is just bent inwards a bit too much for no good reason. I'll let them figure out what to do. I'll also ask them to check every TSB against my BL at the same time.

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's happening with 2 doors also. Including mine. I put PPF on it for now to keep it to a minimum. It's only on the drivers side.
Glad it’s working out for you today. Funny thing is everybody’s different and what works for one might not be the best for another. Wish government caught on to this wisdom.
I’ll go ahead and eat crow lol. I was putting on door sill protectors today and noticed a line wearing wearing where the door contacts the sill. I’ll have to get some extra ppf down there as well. So my apologies lol.

Saltlife4shore

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I looked at this again and noticed that all my doors seemed to be in very good alignment. What I did notice is that the bottom corner of the door has pretty bad flex issues. When shutting the door the entire bottom corner flexes and strikes the door sill area. I recorded shutting the door in slow motion and you can really see the bottom corner flexing and vibrating. I put some stick on pads, where the corner was striking, but it's not a proper fix.
Added video. And after watching more the entire door flexes and bounces

Ford Bronco Rear Doors Chip Paint VID_20220319_145930_exported_14193

Last edited:
OP
OP
GrumpyVet

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't wait to hear if you are happy with their work or if you still feel that you wish you had just touched it up yourself.
My app shows they got the doors back on yesterday. So hopefully I’ll have an answer soon.
Ford Bronco Rear Doors Chip Paint D449D20E-F90E-405A-8578-624C0B7F72F3

OP
OP
GrumpyVet

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll go ahead and eat crow lol. I was putting on door sill protectors today and noticed a line wearing wearing where the door contacts the sill. I’ll have to get some extra ppf down there as well. So my apologies lol.
Still if you only have a scratch in ppf it might self heal. You may want to look into door alignments to prevent additional damage.
Sponsored