Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if that's the case I'd be escalating as per @flip suggestion if I were in your situation

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since I'm not the original owner I cannot dispute that with 100% certainty.
Wouldn't recommend saying this on the internet. That is probably enough for them to pretend no fault of the top itself.

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We're on Page 2, without a single person attempting to answer OP's question.
(including me 😐 )

Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I appreciate all the support. Ford's warranty department said the cracks were caused by either an impact or a drop. Since I'm not the original owner I cannot dispute that with 100% certainty.

At this point, I'm hoping someone in this forum has had similar repairs on a MIC top (Bronco or Jeep) and might have some advice on how I select a repair shop. What questions should I be asking? Any concerns you can think of that would impact the longevity of the top? I don't want it pealing in 18 months.
Well there ya go. I cant blame ford. you are 2nd owner. Idk what happened but I can understand fords point of view for sure. Trust me I dont worship ford in the least especially warranty dept. But……

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
is there additional damage on the mic that would support that?
have you had it off and inspected it?

an impact or drop would definitely leave additional damage supporting that claim
Scientific evidence of this? Just saying

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
escalate to higher up, definitely should be covered under warranty IF it was not dropped. Not sure I have seen a torque spec for bolts, possible they were over torqued?
It not much -
"To install, reverse the removal procedure. Torque the fasteners that secure the rear roof panel to your vehicle to 15 ± 2 lb.ft (20 ± 3 Nm). "

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, you could file an insurance claim.

Ashventure

Base
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The fact they denied your claim on those cracks actually pisses me off. They’re just denying everyone it seems regarding the roofs but you can absolutely tell they are all manufacturing defects. Just WOW.

Did they say an object hit your roof to make those cracks too? That’s the excuse for my denial. It’s sad that they’re not standing by this obviously growing issue.. at this point we just need people to keep reporting this issue. If enough report it MAYBE they’ll actually do something about it. Till then it’s a waiting game for me. I don’t want another bad batch anywho.

Sponsored

Ashventure

Base
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I appreciate all the support. Ford's warranty department said the cracks were caused by either an impact or a drop. Since I'm not the original owner I cannot dispute that with 100% certainty.

At this point, I'm hoping someone in this forum has had similar repairs on a MIC top (Bronco or Jeep) and might have some advice on how I select a repair shop. What questions should I be asking? Any concerns you can think of that would impact the longevity of the top? I don't want it pealing in 18 months.
Man that seems to be the excuse they’re sticking too for everyone. Crazy how many sideways flying objects there are out there 🙄 sheesh 😑

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a couple small cracks in a MIC top? My dealer submitted this to Ford, and they declined the repair/replacement. [disappointment] Does anyone know if is this can be repaired? I’m concerned about a body shop matching the texture and color. I don’t want to make it worse.

6D89002E-1799-4E84-A54E-EFF7FF7D2B54.jpeg
How can they not repair it if you still have a bumper-to-bumper warranty on it? Your dealership is'nt going to help you out with this??

StoicAF

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wish someone could get an NHTSA investigation going like the 2.7 engine problem For thses hardtops.
Sponsored