Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I read that coating the plastic with the coating stuff they give you and switching over to silicone wipers is supposed to reduce the scratches. I’m sure it doesn’t eliminate it 100% but we’ll see.
I just felt stupid hosing down my windshield every morning to prevent these scratches but after the first month of going this I felt really inconvenienced. This level of TLC and that it got hazy anyway so I just feel blessed the shop that sold it and installed it honored their product and refunded my money 100%. They also did the ceramic coating too at the same time on my Maverick so when my Badsqatch comes in(Jan 23 🤞 ) I will be taking it to the same peeps for its ceramic coating. This is what it looked like a week before I got it removed. As you can see on a clear day with the glass cleaned it looks like a morning after a hangover. real bad specking from exposure to the UV.

It was a Maverick trifecta on the road in OC is when I took the picture

Ford Bronco Stupid Windshield chips / cracks 1670542209693
Sponsored

OP
OP
los7883

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just felt stupid hosing down my windshield every morning to prevent these scratches but after the first month of going this I felt really inconvenienced. This level of TLC and that it got hazy anyway so I just feel blessed the shop that sold it and installed it honored their product and refunded my money 100%. They also did the ceramic coating too at the same time on my Maverick so when my Badsqatch comes in(Jan 23 🤞 ) I will be taking it to the same peeps for its ceramic coating. This is what it looked like a week before I got it removed. As you can see on a clear day with the glass cleaned it looks like a morning after a hangover. real bad specking from exposure to the UV.

It was a Maverick trifecta on the road in OC is when I took the picture

Ford Bronco Stupid Windshield chips / cracks 1670542209693
What brand of film did you use/get?

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just looked up the old invoice. Its called DynoFlex

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just looked up the old invoice. Its called DynoFlex
My detailing shop said that the one you bought was pulled off the market because it only was lasting a few months, that it didn't have any sort of hard coating on top to prevent scratches.

I am happy with the brand I'm using, its what my detailer recommended, and I installed it myself: https://www.grab-gard.com/

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My detailing shop said that the one you bought was pulled off the market because it only was lasting a few months, that it didn't have any sort of hard coating on top to prevent scratches.

I am happy with the brand I'm using, its what my detailer recommended, and I installed it myself: https://www.grab-gard.com/
let us know how it goes... it's the UV that makes it hazy "speckled" not as much the scratches. Also to remove it, take a lot of effort as well.

Sponsored

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
let us know how it goes... it's the UV that makes it hazy "speckled" not as much the scratches. Also to remove it, take a lot of effort as well.
Will do. I'm about 6 months in and happy with it so far. My friend with a wrangler recommended it to me, he had his on for over 2 years and 30k miles when he replaced it, so I'm hopeful to see similar.

4xFord

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I FINALLY took delivery of my Bronco last week and reading up on all the windshield issues I was dreading driving this thing on the highway. We took it to work on Monday, first time, and on the way in…SMACK…I heard it and thought sonofabish I can’t get to work one day without a hit? I checked and it looks like i took a rock hit about 1/4” away from the edge of the glass!

We’ll I was like nope not gonna keep playing this game, yea I have good insurance and it covers rock chips/cracks 100% but not worth the hassle. Went ahead and bought the windshield film from Targe, gonna give it a try. Could totally be wasting my money, falling for the good ol’ snake oil…but I figure I’d try! Fingers crossed!
OP, Are you planning to fix the chip before you apply the film? I'm only asking because it would suck to go through that expense/effort if the original chip spreads.

OP
OP
los7883

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP, Are you planning to fix the chip before you apply the film? I'm only asking because it would suck to go through that expense/effort if the original chip spreads.
The chip is in the paint on the A-pillar, just barley missed the glass by like 1/4”

MNNTHBX

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend, Scion iQ, Aprilia RS660, Ural
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Really? I have it too and it has only slightly reduced the number of bugs that hit the windshield.
Did you get the one with the added hump? It defects so much air, that the windshield washer fluid won't even hit the windshield good....

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you get the one with the added hump? It defects so much air, that the windshield washer fluid won't even hit the windshield good....
Yep. Doesn’t seem to affect my washer fluid either.

E3CFFF22-67CA-48B3-9CA4-C062BD7A0592.jpeg

Sponsored

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sucks. I saw tons of complaining online and sort of dismissed it. I’ve owned old Jeeps for 20 years and the humvee for 3. I thought to myself these babies…they don’t know what it’s like owning such a boxy car.

I took delivery of my bronco last week. It had a few small pinhead sized chips already. I just took my first actual chip today at 126 miles.

Does ford use butter when choosing a material to make the windshields in these things?

Sorry for thinking everyone complaining were babies. Your complaints were valid.
Nah, still babies. :D

But yeah, I expected a crack eventually having been a long time Jeep owner and seeing how vertical these windshields were.

OP
OP
los7883

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nah, still babies. :D

But yeah, I expected a crack eventually having been a long time Jeep owner and seeing how vertical these windshields were.
Lol I REFUSE to get any cracks in this windshield!!! Yea my film is supposed to get here tomorrow so if I can last one more day I’ll be happy. We’re going to Oklahoma this weekend and the roads we travel on up there are nothing but gravel!

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol I REFUSE to get any cracks in this windshield!!! Yea my film is supposed to get here tomorrow so if I can last one more day I’ll be happy. We’re going to Oklahoma this weekend and the roads we travel on up there are nothing but gravel!
I will say the crystal fusion has been great for the hydrophobic properties. The pinhead chips are gone. Haven’t hat an encounter with a large rock yet but it’s only been a few weeks. Happy w the product so far.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea, Ford legitamately used garbage glass in these things. It's pretty embarassing they didn't learn anything from Jeep, who has a Gorilla Glass option for JLs
Does the Gorilla Glass really work? Is it a wrap like these other solutions list?

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Does the Gorilla Glass really work? Is it a wrap like these other solutions list?
No, it's Gorilla Glass, the company who makes phone screens. Supposedly it is quite a bit stronger, and when it does get chips it's less prone to cracking out than regular glass.

There's another company doing upgraded windshields for Jeeps too but I can't remember the name.
Sponsored