First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thank you. It's really hard to tell without pulling more of the panel off but I believe the two part clip is still together and seated in the exterior wall and that the plastic panel is bare. If that's the case, should it be able to be reseated with enough pressure on the plastic panel directly in toward the clip? Or is there some other motion (e.g. sliding in from above to seat into a slot) required to reconnect?

I will get out there and look again now that I have a little bit better of an idea from this thread what it looks like on the interior.
Pressing on it will not get the panel side to reconnect. It slides into a notch on the panel, I think it slides from bottom up to the top, and they bite when fullly seated.
Sponsored

manolan478

Wildtrak
First Name
Milton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 2.7L Sas Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did I miss something? Is there a replacement that works or are we stuck with paying 5.00-8.00 for the OEM clips?

Edsasso

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These little clips are expensive. I picked up a 4 pack or the white ones and a 4 pack of the orange ones for 42 bucks. I’m guessing mostly distribution costs….

manolan478

Wildtrak
First Name
Milton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
These little clips are expensive. I picked up a 4 pack or the white ones and a 4 pack of the orange ones for 42 bucks. I’m guessing mostly distribution costs….
I too picked up some of the clips. 16 clips was 80 bucks.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

23_Badlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 2d SAS 7sp(AB) Hi Tow Modular Hoop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How many of the White W721378-S300 and Orange W718230-S300 clips are used on the passenger/right side rear panel on the 2dr? Trying to decide how many to order before I remove the panel for the amp/sub install. Can I assume I may break half of 'em???

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How many of the White W721378-S300 and Orange W718230-S300 clips are used on the passenger/right side rear panel on the 2dr? Trying to decide how many to order before I remove the panel for the amp/sub install. Can I assume I may break half of 'em???
The orange ones should not break...the white ones seem meant to break..If you pry the panel away slowly, you could use a long flat-bladed screwdriver to try and flip the little tabs up to allow the white clips to separate. Otherwise, you will break off one of the tabs that retains each clip to the body (or break the flimsy tab that the clip slides into on the panel). I currently have my passenger side panel off and just put the driver side back on because I use sound deadener and I ended up buying two four packs...and it sucks because they're $8 for each clip. You could get them for five bucks on the internet from online dealers but then they rape you on shipping.

Ohhellothere

Big Bend
First Name
Düåvé
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Have 4d installing the gearshade sub and the entire cargo area sound deadening next weekend. Realistically how many white clips should I expect to break?

83XLT

Big Bend
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 EG Big Bend 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

ive taken my back panels off 3-4 times and have managed to break just one of the white clips and I'm not too gentle

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ive taken my back panels off 3-4 times and have managed to break just one of the white clips and I'm not too gentle
I need to use whatever technique you are using! Some of the clips on mine appeared intact, but upon inspection it was apparent that one of the two hinged pieces that retain the clip into the body were broken off.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ohhellothere

Big Bend
First Name
Düåvé
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah what's the secret technique?

manolan478

Wildtrak
First Name
Milton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah.. now my back is squeaky since I removed both my side panels in the back of my 2 door. . I did add sound dampening to the driver side but need to do the passenger. So, the clips I have broken have not been replaced on the passenger side.

I did do the rear seat delete and "managed" the seat belt behind the panels for a clean look. I am wondering if the squeaky noise is from the flooring rubbing the side panels for the seat delete or the clips I have not replaced. I think on the drivers side I replaced several of the white clips. Ford did not use the best design for these. All throughout the vehicle Ford has seems to be all over the place with different clips.

Anyways, the replacement clips I had purchased were expensive. Something stupid.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
At most two of the white two-part ones and nothing else. I did mine yesterday and had only one slightly damaged two part clip. Spent way too much money on replacements that I don't need.

23_Badlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 2d SAS 7sp(AB) Hi Tow Modular Hoop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just pulled the right rear panel on our 2d (prepping to install an OEM Fusion sub amp and Kicker 48CWRT674 6.75" subwoofer). This Harbor Freight Panel/Trim Removal Tool Set allowed me to remove the top clips with very little to no pulling on the panel itself. Started at the front passenger pillar, then worked towards the rear cargo area. Bent the upper part of the panel slightly more outward for easier access as I removed each clip . Was able to easily reach 3 of the 4 clips on the top part of the panel using the longer 19" trim tool. Used the shorter one on the last top clip by the rear cargo area. To clarify, I removed the 3 clips on the side of the passenger pillar first, the 4 top clips next, then the 3 orange clips in the rear. Zero damage to any of the clips.

For some reason the factory used (one-piece) blue clips in our panel. They look decidedly different from the two-piece, white W721378-S300 clips (referenced earlier in this thread). Unfortunately, the factory forgot to install one clip (by the rear seat floor area), so I have to order one. To my eyes, these blue clips look somewhat similar to the (one-piece?) white clips with the part number W713297-S300 also mentioned earlier in this thread; however, someone said they were too big. Not sure which one to order. Probably order one of each--lol!

Ford Bronco Replacement clips for rear side panels HF Trim Tools
Ford Bronco Replacement clips for rear side panels Blue Cli
Ford Bronco Replacement clips for rear side panels Right Passenger Side Panel
Sponsored

Last edited: