Sponsored

Replacement stickers... insanely expensive?

OP
OP

mla

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Bronco Heritage 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I wouldn't worry about paint, the Underground graphics spear kit is $112.50!
This is what I'm leaning toward. Get the PPF, apply the UG spear kit + archetype racing emblem.

Some ppl do a "paint correction" process prior to PPF? What does that run? Bronco is brand new so idk if I really need it. Didn't notice any significant flaws in factory paint job but maybe I haven't looked closely enough.
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

This is what I'm leaning toward. Get the PPF, apply the UG spear kit + archetype racing emblem.

Some ppl do a "paint correction" process prior to PPF? What does that run? Bronco is brand new so idk if I really need it. Didn't notice any significant flaws in factory paint job but maybe I haven't looked closely enough.
If your the type whose car is spotless all the time and you garage it then sure, I'd paint correct and whatever else you want, if not then just leave it as is and maybe PPF the areas that might get chipped up if it's a daily or you plan on going off the beaten path. I keep my Bronco clean enough but it's not garaged and is my daily driver. First thing I added was mudflaps after all the reading about the Goodyears kicking up rocks and chipping the paint and I can say they've done their job.

Your call of course, but I'd really ask yourself before you spend all that money is what do you want to protect it from and if you're happy with the factory finish.

OP
OP

mla

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Bronco Heritage 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
First thing I added was mudflaps after all the reading about the Goodyears kicking up rocks and chipping the paint and I can say they've done their job.
Yeah, waiting for mudflaps to arrive. Driving away from dealership I immediately realized I needed them ;/

Thanks for your thoughts.

Red Sox 4Life

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette, Lexus GS350, Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My PPF installer had to remove the “Wildtrak” badges on my fenders. He did make a template so I could put new badges exactly where the old ones were. Ford charges about $170 tax included for both! Unreal.

IMG_5837.jpeg

Sponsored

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just got my '24 Bronco Heritage 2dr and am investigating XPEL PPF.

One of the shops recommended all the stickers/decals be removed, PPF applied, and then new stickers applied.
Ok, fair enough. Sounds like a common approach from reading these forums.

But he's saying the replacement decals are around 1k wholesale? I realize on the heritage it has that long pin striping decal on both sides.
1k seems crazy though.

Suggestions? Should I see

bronco.jpg
Do not cut around the decals... almost
Just got my '24 Bronco Heritage 2dr and am investigating XPEL PPF.

One of the shops recommended all the stickers/decals be removed, PPF applied, and then new stickers applied.
Ok, fair enough. Sounds like a common approach from reading these forums.

But he's saying the replacement decals are around 1k wholesale? I realize on the heritage it has that long pin striping decal on both sides.
1k seems crazy though.

Suggestions? Should I see if they can cut out around the decals and just not apply PPF to those? Or only do up to the bottom
of the decals? Or maybe just skip the PPF, heh.

Thanks.

bronco.jpg
Do not have shop cut around stickers. Most shops will not do so because the exacto knife blade will score the paint.

I had stealth PPF put on and then factory Decals over the PPF (they really pop out as they are glossy).

Only problem with ordering factory decals (besides price) is if there is even a minor imperfection on factory decal (such as the backing they are affixed to) then that decal will be garbage or have to be cut. My point is make sure the installer films self or takes photos of taking decal off and sticking it on so new one maybe replaced via manufacturing warranty .

Here is my Braptor.

Ford Bronco Replacement stickers... insanely expensive? PXL_20240329_222410343

• Love
Reactions: mla
OP
OP

mla

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Bronco Heritage 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
My point is make sure the installer films self or takes photos of taking decal off and sticking it on so new one maybe replaced via manufacturing warranty .
Thank you, yes, makes total sense. Will do.

Also a little worried that the PPF installer is just going to screw up the placement too. I like the idea of creating a template for placement. I assume you only have one shot to get it right.

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thank you, yes, makes total sense. Will do.

Also a little worried that the PPF installer is just going to screw up the placement too. I like the idea of creating a template for placement. I assume you only have one shot to get it right.
The installer maybe able to put them on via wet method (that way can slide them around). As for placement, the factory Raptor decals have marks on where to line them up with the body/contour lines of the Bronco.
Sponsored

Reactions: mla