John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, F150, AT4 Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Are the Bronco Raptor Resale values so brutal because of the mid year price increases? Did the mid year 2023 price jump impact this at all? Meaning you had BRs that people paid $80k MSRP and others $93k MSRP. OR is this just the nature of the beast. Nobody wants one, plenty of inventory? Are these simply ford rangers now?
Sponsored

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Supply and demand. The market is in correction mode. Been a wild ride for some no pun meant. I bought mine to keep not flip.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think capitalism is at work here. I found it interesting to see on Ford Authority that Ford is now accepting X-plan pricing for the Bronco, that certainly signals the winds are changing. I think it's a combination of interest rates, price increases and perhaps the novelty of the Bronco wearing off. When I sold my '21 2dr OBX I made quite a nice $$, it might offset the loss I would probably take if I tried selling my '23 4dr WT, which of course I have not intention of doing.

Sponsored

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I kinda wish I had had a beater to buy and flip my BL, but I would've ended up with the same trim and after taxes and fees it would've been because of paint color.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't forget options can make that much price difference as well. The $80000 one may have far fewer options the $93000 one. Not that hard to add $13000 in options on a modern vehicle.

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The bubble of above sticker and high resale value for the most part has been popped.

The reason the Fed raises rates when they want to slow the economy because it creates demand destruction and we are know seeing that play out.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All of those drunk $100 reservation orders. Honeymoon period has officially ended. We’ll start seeing $25-30k used options soon. $55-65k Raptors once folks get sick of their $1000+ monthly payments.

BigJ2

Wildtrak
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All of those drunk $100 reservation orders. Honeymoon period has officially ended. We’ll start seeing $25-30k used options soon. $55-65k Raptors once folks get sick of their $1000+ monthly payments.
If I ever see a $55k-$65K Raptor…anytime soon… I’ll be one of the ones trying to shove this Wildtrak back to the dealership on a trade.

Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan on being a really old man with a really old Bronco. Someday. I’ll be the envy of all the young whipper-snappers driving their electric scooters to the coffee shop for their testosterone shots.

Last edited:

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think capitalism is at work here. I found it interesting to see on Ford Authority that Ford is now accepting X-plan pricing for the Bronco, that certainly signals the winds are changing. I think it's a combination of interest rates, price increases and perhaps the novelty of the Bronco wearing off. When I sold my '21 2dr OBX I made quite a nice $$, it might offset the loss I would probably take if I tried selling my '23 4dr WT, which of course I have not intention of doing.
RE: Novelty

There are a lot of Broncos running around Denton (DFW) these days. Every time I go out there's at least 2-3 I see offhand. The dealership I got mine from, a few blocks away, has at least 10 sitting on the lot for sale. Not as prevalent as Jeeps, but you definitely see them around in a way you didn't last year this time.

It's a good time to be buying a Bronco for 2022 prices. lol Which is why I think Ford raised MSRP, so discounts later would float the value for a while.

I say 18 months before we see $7-8k discounts and incentives, +- 3 months. If it collapses faster than that, the used market is going to crater and some folks gonna be way under water who bought last year.

Bigfx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
RE: Novelty

There are a lot of Broncos running around Denton (DFW) these days. Every time I go out there's at least 2-3 I see offhand. The dealership I got mine from, a few blocks away, has at least 10 sitting on the lot for sale. Not as prevalent as Jeeps, but you definitely see them around in a way you didn't last year this time.

It's a good time to be buying a Bronco for 2022 prices. lol Which is why I think Ford raised MSRP, so discounts later would float the value for a while.

I say 18 months before we see $7-8k discounts and incentives, +- 3 months. If it collapses faster than that, the used market is going to crater and some folks gonna be way under water who bought last year.
I totally agree with this. Which is why I never understood why people paid adm etc on these vehicles or any vehicles people lost a lot of money. Even those of us who bought at or under msrp (order protected) are still going to lose a pretty good chunk of change. We will see some significant discounts as boomers see their bank accounts dwindling from home sales etc and the mass purchase of depreciating assets. No one will have the cash or credit to get these and with people being tied up with 1000 a month car loans a lot of used cars will hit the market. Yeah if you have a bronco drive it til the wheels fall off if not bring the lube to the dealership.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I totally agree with this. Which is why I never understood why people paid adm etc on these vehicles or any vehicles people lost a lot of money. Even those of us who bought at or under msrp (order protected) are still going to lose a pretty good chunk of change. We will see some significant discounts as boomers see their bank accounts dwindling from home sales etc and the mass purchase of depreciating assets. No one will have the cash or credit to get these and with people being tied up with 1000 a month car loans a lot of used cars will hit the market. Yeah if you have a bronco drive it til the wheels fall off if not bring the lube to the dealership.
Imeen, I grew up in an era when cars depreciated immediately when driven off the lot (some like 30-40%), more people bought used cars than new (in an era when American made cars were literally built to fall apart in 7-10 years!), and everyone I knew had someone in the family that worked on their cars. I grew up middle class in the 'burbs in Houston, but still, everyone wasn't driving a luxury car. Of course, back then it was a lot more expensive to get a loan too. So...
Sponsored