Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Relax gatekeeper, I know what FM 20-22 is. T-20 is a new TRADOC directives for upper level vehicle maintenance. Things have changed since that old manual was created battle.....no I'm not some young buck that doesn't know what you're talking about and needs some hip pocket training. Thanks for the attempt tho. Have a great day hoah
Yeah, I’m just another old Boomer that wore BDUs and Black Tanker Boots that only suggested some old tried and true methods for vehicle recovery.

But I guess you youngsters must have found new ways to get wheels and tracks stuck in either sand, mud and snow since I got out.

So for us Army “Old Timers” from the last century, please be patient but could you answer a question?

Is Water still Wet? Or did TRADOC T-20 or some other Directive update that too?

Thanks for bring back some great memories though. In all my TIS, this was the first time that I ever got pecker checked by a MP

Natethegreat1979

Wildtrak
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

First, let me say thank
Yeah, I’m just another old Boomer that wore BDUs and Black Tanker Boots that only suggested some old tried and true methods for vehicle recovery.

But I guess you youngsters must have found new ways to get wheels and tracks stuck in either sand, mud and snow since I got out.

So for us Army “Old Timers” from the last century, please be patient but could you answer a question?

Is Water still Wet? Or did TRADOC T-20 or some other Directive update that too?

Thanks for bring back some great memories though. In all my TIS, this was the first time that I ever got pecker checked by a MP
First let me say, thank you brother for your service. Second I wore BDU's, DCU's, ACU's and OCP's currently. Been in since 97' which doesn't make me as old or wise as you but I know a little bit as a CSM ( far from a youngster but thank you). We actually have found new ways to ruin shit, your correct 😄. Water is only wet SOMETIMES now 😄. No worries man, us MP's are some of the WORST offenders in the Army lol

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You want to play in deep, deep snow then you better be into chains, tire chains that is
.they work great in deep, gooey mud too.

You would think an Old Boomer would have had better common sense and known better running solo vehicle in the backcountry and probably on a closed trail due to the heavy deep snowfall this winter.

Army FM 20-22 is a great source to begin your vehicle recovery education.

I personally wouldn't play in deep snow on tires, even with chains.

There is a reason snow-dedicated vehicles use tracks instead of tires. When a 4 wheeled vehicle with such a small tread surface-area sinks past its ground clearance (to the point where there is more weight on the frame than the 4 tires) there is zero traction, with or without chains.

Of course it all depends on many factors... Size of tires, ground clearance, compaction of the snow, etc. But that's more variables than I would want to estimate given the risk getting stranded.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First, let me say thank
First let me say, thank you brother for your service. Second I wore BDU's, DCU's, ACU's and OCP's currently. Been in since 97' which doesn't make me as old or wise as you but I know a little bit as a CSM ( far from a youngster but thank you). We actually have found new ways to ruin shit, your correct 😄. Water is only wet SOMETIMES now 😄. No worries man, us MP's are some of the WORST offenders in the Army lol
First, Thank You For Your Service, Sergeant Major! You have definitely seen it all with the GWOT.

And you’re definitely seen it all with the Big Army Uniform changes though I am a bit jealous of the your new Pinks and Greens.

Thanks for the laughs. If our paths ever cross, I be honored to buy you our first one if you don’t mind drinking with an old short timer Captain and Rotor Head.

I drove Loaches and Hueys so it won’t be too boring.

If anybody asks my rank and service, I just usually tell them I shoveled shit in Louisiana so they think I had respectable job instead of being an O in the Air Cav

Sponsored

Natethegreat1979

Wildtrak
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

First, Thank You For Your Service, Sergeant Major! You have definitely seen it all with the GWOT.

And you’re definitely seen it all with the Big Army Uniform changes though I am a bit jealous of the your new Pinks and Greens.

Thanks for the laughs. If our paths ever cross, I be honored to buy you our first one if you don’t mind drinking with an old short timer Captain and Rotor Head.

If anybody asks my rank and service, I just usually tell them I shoveled shit in Louisiana so they think I had respectable job instead of being an O in the Air Cav
HOAH CPT.!!!! You got it!

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Louisiana sucks. Born and raised here. ;)

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Louisiana sucks. Born and raised here. ;)
I spent 7 weeks in Lafayette for work and almost wound up staying.

They’re were the warmest and friendliest people once they got to know you.

I still remember the Lafayette Live town parties every Friday night to raise money for the local charities.

All the restaurants made some special food or desert to eat&walk, the Abita Beer flowed, live bands playing every thing from Country to Zydeco and those Cajun gals
Mon Dieu!

Except for drinking my Cafe DuMonde while watching the sun rise over Jackson Square, I hated my time in Nawlins but Lafayette was a totally different side of Louisiana for me.

Last edited: