Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if the new owner of that new Wild("Cat")Trak knew about his lockers. I'm guessing he was very new to this and had excessive confidence in 4L and "snow" on his G.O.A.T. dial, thinking that this was the only tool in his toolbox. That, and overconfidence in the Bronco = his (in)decision not to turn around.

Note to self: Turn around before you've bottomed out in something viscous.

Vandy

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Being towed out with front and rear lockers engaged? I dunno....

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoWTFAN

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Utah folks maybe? šŸ˜‰

Itā€™s a secret edition called the wildcat for the winter mountains. I just put my order in as my ā€œdealership said Iā€™m first inlineā€. Iā€™m staying pumped folks!

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I love me that Branco Wildcat - Automatically comes with the Sasparilla package stuff! What a deal! :cool:
I was gonna go with the Sasparilla package but didnā€™t think it was worth it for front and rear locking doors. šŸ˜‚

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My father had a 1967 Buick Wildcat.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You want to play in deep, deep snow then you better be into chains, tire chains that isā€¦.they work great in deep, gooey mud too.

You would think an Old Boomer would have had better common sense and known better running solo vehicle in the backcountry and probably on a closed trail due to the heavy deep snowfall this winter.

Army FM 20-22 is a great source to begin your vehicle recovery education.

Sponsored

Todd308

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Chains are an interesting thing these days, seems the vast majority of manuals for off-road vehicles now recommend against chains. Not enough clearance from suspension/brake/driveline components. I've noticed this recently on most 1/2 ton pickups as well, even those with off-road specific packages, manual states no chains.

Direct from the bronco manual:

Only use snow chains on rear wheels. Install snow chains in pairs. Do not use self-tensioning snow chains.
Only use snow chains on the following specified tire sizes:
  • 255/70R16Only install chains that are 15 mm or less.
  • 255/75R17Only install chains that are 15 mm or less.
We recommend you use steel wheels of the same size and specification if snow chains are required because chains may chip aluminum wheels.
Follow these guidelines when using snow tires and traction devices:
  • If possible, avoid fully loading your vehicle.
  • Purchase snow chains from a manufacturer that clearly labels body to tire dimension restrictions.
  • When driving with snow chains do not exceed 30 mph (50 km/h) or the maximum speed recommended by the chain manufacturer, whichever is less.
  • Drive cautiously. If you hear the snow chains rub or bang against the vehicle, stop and tighten them. If this does not work, remove the snow chains to prevent vehicle damage.
  • Remove the snow chains when they are no longer needed. Do not use snow chains on dry roads.
  • If a temporary spare wheel is mounted on your vehicle, do not use snow chains on the axle with the temporary spare wheel.
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Natethegreat1979

Wildtrak
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You want to play in deep, deep snow then you better be into chains, tire chains that isā€¦.they work great in deep, gooey mud too.

You would think an Old Boomer would have had better common sense and known better running solo vehicle in the backcountry and probably on a closed trail due to the heavy deep snowfall this winter.

Army FM 20-22 is a great source to begin your vehicle recovery education.
He did NOT inspect his vehicle to Army T-20 standards...

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

He did NOT inspect his vehicle to Army T-20 standards...
Not sure what youā€™re talking about ā€œArmy T-20 standardsā€ but the old Army FM 20-22 Vehicle Recovery Operations 1962-10-31 "This manual contains formulas for use in field recovery operations and, in some instances, brief background material on which the formulas are based. It covers the application of rigging and safety precautions to be observed in vehicle recovery, expedient repairs, and operation of general and special purpose vehicles and equipment used to keep vehicles operationalā€

This was the ā€œBibleā€ for Soldiers in how to get wheeled and tracked vehicles unstuck after being mired or bogged down in snow or mud.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure what youā€™re talking about ā€œArmy T-20 standardsā€ but the old Army FM 20-22 Vehicle Recovery Operations 1962-10-31 "This manual contains formulas for use in field recovery operations and, in some instances, brief background material on which the formulas are based. It covers the application of rigging and safety precautions to be observed in vehicle recovery, expedient repairs, and operation of general and special purpose vehicles and equipment used to keep vehicles operationalā€

This was the ā€œBibleā€ for Soldiers in how to get wheeled and tracked vehicles unstuck after being mired or bogged down in snow or mud.
I think I have it still in PDF

Natethegreat1979

Wildtrak
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Relax gatekeeper, I know what FM 20-22 is. T-20 is a new TRADOC directives for upper level vehicle maintenance. Things have changed since that old manual was created battle.....no I'm not some young buck that doesn't know what you're talking about and needs some hip pocket training. Thanks for the attempt tho. Have a great day hoah
Sponsored