First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC yukon denali
Your Bronco Model
Base
I saw a post on here that said the date when you put in your initial reservation is where you are on the list, not the date when you ordered. Is this true? (I reserved in July I forgot the exact date)
Sponsored

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

yes

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw a post on here that said the date when you put in your initial reservation is where you are on the list, not the date when you ordered. Is this true? (I reserved in July I forgot the exact date)
Yes. That is true.

The time that you first reserved your Bronco for the $100 is what Ford is using to determine your place in line.*

When your reservation was “converted” to an order by your dealer doesn’t matter**

(*all other complicating factors and priority builds aside)

(**aside from the deadlines you needed to have your order in by to be considered for certain build windows)

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Search. Read. Please. And yes.

Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Search your email from Ford back in July 2020 and that is (darn close) to your timestamp.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Figger it out

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What about allocation # within your dealers order system? I've been told my allocation number is included in MY21, I have a early Day 2 Reservation date, but I am very far down the list on my allocation number.

Could it be that while I have an early reserve date I still will be waiting a long time due to being so far down on the allocation # within my dealer or does that not even matter and my reservation date is more important. I also kept my build simple without any of the deadly sins options.

Sponsored

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I clicked on this just to see how bad it got and to enjoy the responses, a bit disappointed:) Kyle, welcome to the forum! People seem to be in a good mood today. Needless to say, if you have a question, search the forums as there is about a 100% chance it's been asked before and answered. But if you don't find it, then don't hesitate to ask. You'll get 20 "unhelpful" comments, but someone will come through for you.

It's a great group and has anything you need to know(that is known at this point)!

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What about allocation # within your dealers order system? I've been told my allocation number is included in MY21, I have a early Day 2 Reservation date, but I am very far down the list on my allocation number.

Could it be that while I have an early reserve date I still will be waiting a long time due to being so far down on the allocation # within my dealer or does that not even matter and my reservation date is more important. I also kept my build simple without any of the deadly sins options.
Yes. Your timestamp is ranked against the other orders at your specific dealer.

The idea is that new Bronco deliveries are spread out more evenly across all dealers, as a ratio to their order numbers. So dealer A with 1000 orders gets 100 Broncos in the first quarter, and dealer B with 100 orders gets 10 Broncos in the first quarter. Basically... Broncos start hitting the streets throughout the entire country at the same time in quantities relative to the underlying customer base size.

Some people are very upset at this process because it means that a later reservation at dealer Y could get their bronco before an earlier reservation at dealer Z.

In reality, yes, that could happen, but generally speaking as long as timestamp dispersion at a dealer is similar to the overall national dispersion, Individual 1 will get their Bronco at generally the same time no matter what dealer they are at... and that will generally be before individual 2, no matter what dealer they are at.

As far as I'm concerned, any perceived "problem" with this allocation system potentially allowing a later reservation to receive a bronco before an earlier reservation is merely one of ego. If someone has a problem with their neighbor who reserved a day or two after they did, being the first on the block to get their Bronco... it has nothing to do with Ford's process.

Last edited:

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes. Your timestamp is ranked against the other orders at your specific dealer.
Thanks for that info. I am now a bit concerned as far as timing goes having gone with one of the regional Forum dealers that is offering upfront pricing. They have been very nice and helpful through the process, but I am a bit worried about the over saturation of early reservation holders they may have vs. if I had gone with a less obvious dealer choice.

At this point I'll just hang on for the ride, cross my fingers and hope for the best.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for that info. I am now a bit concerned as far as timing goes having gone with one of the regional Forum dealers that is offering upfront pricing. They have been very nice and helpful through the process, but I am a bit worried about the over saturation of early reservation holders they may have vs. if I had gone with a less obvious dealer choice.

At this point I'll just hang on for the ride, cross my fingers and hope for the best.
You're fine. They're allocation numbers they received scaled with the number of orders they have. All dealers have a disproportionate number of early reservations.

Like I said, if you were with another dealer, you might be 4 out of 10 instead of 40 our of 100.. but the allocations might have turned out the be 3 for the smaller and 30 for the larger.... or 6 and 60...

Either way, you're not being punished for going with that dealer. If you could teleport your order to another dealer right now, you'd receive your Bronco at generally the exact same time.

(If anything, you might get it sooner at your current dealer since they courted more serious buyers and their conversion percentage is higher, rewarding them with higher allocations. )
Sponsored

Last edited: