Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport & Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I recently came across a YouTube video where a sales person is trying to sell a two door Ford bronco Sasquatch edition I thought that only reservation holders are allowed to receive the Broncos first?
This also looks like a Ford dealer. Not a private seller

seeing that I am a bronco reserved person on weight still I believe this is unfair.
Sponsored

theserg

Big Bend
First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This could easily just mean someone backed out of their reservation so the dealer is able to sell the Bronco. Happening everywhere.

OP
OP
vicdet

vicdet

Outer Banks
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport & Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I could swear that there was an article stating that Ford was looking for a reservation name mach when selling the Ford bronco and if they don’t have it then they have to sell it back to Ford for a reserved person can get there vehicle. I could be wrong?

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I could swear that there was an article stating that Ford was looking for a reservation name mach when selling the Ford bronco and if they don’t have it then they have to sell it back to Ford for a reserved person can get there vehicle. I could be wrong?
True, but if that person doesn't buy, the dealer is free to sell to anyone at any price afterwards. They don't sell it back to Ford. The dealer bought it, they own it.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I recently came across a YouTube video where a sales person is trying to sell a two door Ford bronco Sasquatch edition I thought that only reservation holders are allowed to receive the Broncos first?
This also looks like a Ford dealer. Not a private seller

seeing that I am a bronco reserved person on weight still I believe this is unfair.
This is exactly the level of dealer knowledge I am shooting for always. "...it has logos, see?..."

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is exactly the level of dealer knowledge I am shooting for always. "...it has logos, see?..."
I mean... that's the general level of dealer knowledge you usually get. Most salesman know what trim your need to get leather and navigation on any model, and then about 0 beyond that.

Can't really blame them either. Last time my brother bought a car he got the highest trim, not cause he wanted features, but because it was the only blue one on the lot. Dude didn't even really want leather, he wanted a base model, but the loaded was blue...

I was a high product knowledge ford salesman for a few years. Most people didn't ask, and most of those who did ask didn't really care. Informed consumers were more rare than cash buyers.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you think Ford is all that concerned and will aggressively enforce this "edict", well, Ford has a Bronco to sell you, with an ADM attached. Ford can't "punish" their powerful dealer body without harming themselves and the number of times and added loopholes and watering down of allotments and reservations and demo/mannequins and dealer employee priority deliveries proves this. Grow up, we live in a corrupt world that is trending towards more and often.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mannequin, I'd bet...

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you think Ford is all that concerned and will aggressively enforce this "edict", well, Ford has a Bronco to sell you, with an ADM attached. Ford can't "punish" their powerful dealer body without harming themselves and the number of times and added loopholes and watering down of allotments and reservations and demo/mannequins and dealer employee priority deliveries proves this. Grow up, we live in a corrupt world that is trending towards more and often.
Hey, it's capitalism. As long as there's one born every moment, they got one to fleece. I will always know that I paid bottom dollar for my Bronco and wear that as a mantle whilst I look down upon the fools and the easily parted. On the other hand, you can't take it with you.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are looking at this closely. I'm a dealer and had to appeal the two I ordered for me and wifey. I gave them them the story, STARS id and that wasn't sufficient. My company bought both but did not register which is customary if it's being used as a "demo".

Round 2 I gave them company minutes, copy of drivers license, amended incorporation documents and copy of my share certificates. I got grief again and ended up asking what docs other dealers are using to comply with their request and gave them the name of our regional dealer development contact. Finally gave me the OK after the last back and forth.

We aren't flipping these which I made very clear in my first reply. I'm glad they are really looking at these and hope they go one step further by getting something in writing from the reservation holder that shows they abandoned the order willfully. It would be easy to search a dealers STARS directory to see if an employee ordered. If there's a trend spotted at a dealership this should also be grounds for an azz chewing at minimum. Ford doesn't want games, they have enough problems with production already and don't need the headache from dealers trying to game the system. They will probably make an example of a few to prove they are serious but who is that going to hurt? The customers near that dealer? How will you know if one of them got suspended from the program when you reserve?

If they're serious they need to be serious and put some teeth into the penalties, contact the reservation/order holder for confirmation and hold dealers ADMing customers out of their orders, accountable. What's really sad is some of us dealers have to call others out for shitty business practices. Then they wonder why people hate all dealers soooooooo much and hope the whole dealer model goes down in flames.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This could be an a abandoned order, mannequin or a few other things. There are broncos at dealerships everywhere for sale. Someone’s financing could have fallen through, dealer may be posting their mannequin for sale willing to take the hit on their future allocation or could be posting it for when it IS available to sell in a few months.
Sponsored