First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just received an email that confirms what what posted here about being able to move until Jan 31. Stated that it now matches the order conversion end date (I'd only heard late Jan before, now it sounds like 31 is final day).

Other thing interesting is they stated that for allocation reservation cut off for 2021 Allocation formula of September 18th. So only reservations before then will be used for figuring 2021 allocations. Not sure if that's roughly what Ford thinks will be the cut off order # wise or just a date they picked. It does mean that orders after that date won't help dealers get more allocations for 2021.
Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just received an email that confirms what what posted here about being able to move until Jan 31. Stated that it now matches the order conversion end date (I'd only heard late Jan before, now it sounds like 31 is final day).

Other thing interesting is they stated that for allocation reservation cut off for 2021 Allocation formula of September 18th. So only reservations before then will be used for figuring 2021 allocations. Not sure if that's roughly what Ford thinks will be the cut off order # wise or just a date they picked. It does mean that orders after that date won't help dealers get more allocations for 2021.
Who was the source of this email?

Lothbrok

Badlands
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If this is true, I hope Ford informs everyone and soon. I haven't seen this communication yet.

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who was the source of this email?
Ford region.

I'm torn on this one. Its the right thing to do since it was the way it was presented, but I have concerns.

For example, If someone moves here and wants to switch, I can now so it, but that might push back customers I've already converted orders for, what do I do? New customer has an earlier reservation date, but if they convert in January, and I told an existing customer a build estimate in December before this order, what's the right thing to do, put the new customer at the end of the line or bump existing customers back? It was easy when it was locked in before conversions, now, leaves more area for questions.

Lothbrok

Badlands
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford region.

I'm torn on this one. Its the right thing to do since it was the way it was presented, but I have concerns.

For example, If someone moves here and wants to switch, I can now so it, but that might push back customers I've already converted orders for, what do I do? New customer has an earlier reservation date, but if they convert in January, and I told an existing customer a build estimate in December before this order, what's the right thing to do, put the new customer at the end of the line or bump existing customers back? It was easy when it was locked in before conversions, now, leaves more area for questions.
I thought Ford said it doesn't matter what order a dealer places it in the system until end of Jan 2021 (I think this was the date). At that point once orders are placed post Jan 2021, Ford would place them in sequential order based on reservation timestamp. Obviously those orders where parts may not be available yet would get move back further due to the supply chain.

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford isn't going to prioritize the orders, the dealer will. Most will do it by time stamp, but it isn't a guarantee. Also allocations will mix up the orders times between dealers.
Sponsored