Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If your goal is too raise awareness ……… Post articulate facts on a platform that can connect to millions not thousands. Bronco 6G isn’t big enough to effect change.

This needs to be covered by mainstream media (road & track is not it either) .

Reach out to Phil LeBeau at CNBC. He is the reporter that covers the auto industry. He can assess if their is a story here or not. He reaches institutional investors. Send a note to JimCramer, Becky Quick Or David Faber at CNBC. Stick to facts, don’t use profanity.

If you want real action, go to those that can impact brand perceptions and investment choices. Follow the money.
This is excellent advice, and it is going to need major coverage to get Ford to change their stance on this fiasco.
Sponsored

jdbronc

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500 High Country
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Ford Motor Company
Day 2 res with Granger and I don't even know what YEAR I will get my vehicle. Ford has totally screwed thousands of Bronco enthusiasts by changing the allocation rules in the middle of the game, and for what - to reward the big dealerships at the cost of their customers? Direct sales or dealer model - you can't have it both ways Ford! At the very least, stay true to your original statement for 22' and build by reservation over allocations.

I gave Ford a pass on the commodity restraints - shit happens - but it's unlikely I'll buy a Ford again EVER after this Bronco. I cannot support an organization that openly chooses corporate greed over honesty and transparency.

Ford has shown their hypocrisy at every corner of this rollout. First we blindly reserve a vehicle that we've never seen and you tell us to order at any dealer we want since you'll build primarily around reservation timestamp. Then, you switch it up and tell us that to be "fair" dealers will only be allocated a certain number of vehicles. Next Ford says you can switch to a different dealer, but you may have to pay ADM at your new dealer and you should get a signed purchase agreement. Almost in the same breath you tell us that Ford cannot enforce those agreements! What a deal!!

I found a dealer I trust. Ford should be rewarding that dealer not only for being high in the ranks for Bronco sales, but also for creating many lifelong Ford loyalists. Instead Ford decided to punish a dealership with thousands of Bronco orders because they don't sell as many vehicles overall as one these mega-dealers who care more about sales than customer service.

Ford loses this bet either way. Many people who buy from these mega dealerships will ultimately feel cheated and not purchase from them again, I know I won't. Nor will I wait until 2023 to take delivery of a vehicle I reserved in 2020. Think how absurd that sounds!! I would rather go buy a Toyota than buy from some shady dealer. You lose my business, my kids' business, and I'm sure the business of many other people like me. Not individuals - but generations of individuals representing potentially dozens of vehicles per person that you are currently alienating.

In the end, it appears Ford chose money over people. I get it, you're in the business to make money, but if something doesn't change, your short term gains will turn into long term losses as people decide to spend their money elsewhere. I'm already so disgusted with this process it would take a miracle to change my mind, but maybe there's hope for others.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If your goal is too raise awareness ……… Post articulate facts on a platform that can connect to millions not thousands. Bronco 6G isn’t big enough to effect change.

This needs to be covered by mainstream media (road & track is not it either) .

Reach out to Phil LeBeau at CNBC. He is the reporter that covers the auto industry. He can assess if their is a story here or not. He reaches institutional investors. Send a note to JimCramer, Becky Quick Or David Faber at CNBC. Stick to facts, don’t use profanity.

If you want real action, go to those that can impact brand perceptions and investment choices. Follow the money.
I should see both Jim and David tomorrow. I will try to have a quick conversation with each of them. However, Cramer is always in such a rush and only seems to have time to talk E-A-G-L-E-S!!! :LOL:

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If your goal is too raise awareness [...] Reach out to Phil LeBeau at CNBC. He is the reporter that covers the auto industry.
Just tweeted @Lebeaucarnews saying Ford promised to build reservations first and now some Granger reservations wont get filled until 2025+ because they are busy building dealer stock for their largest dealers #reservationsoverallocations

Farmerjim47933

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It is really simple if a dealer would get a certain profit for allocation numbers based on his past company performance history then if he is improving on that allocation number with all these new reservation customers just give him a little less profit while building his new allocation number,oh and the customer that said he wanted the product first is a priority over stock inventory sales.

Sponsored

snownow

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone have any experience pulling an order from a smaller dealership and moved it to a large seller? Worth the effort? Lose your placement by moving an order? I admit hating the allocation system

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone have any experience pulling an order from a smaller dealership and moved it to a large seller? Worth the effort? Lose your placement by moving an order? I admit hating the allocation system

I have not heard of this as an example that went well, only stories of those dealerships stealing the reservation and selling it to someone else for stupid ADMs. I would be interested to hear of good experience with large mega dealerships.

Personally, I have little hope of that being the case. I visited one of these said dealerships and when I started talking price, specifically MSRP, they got up and walked away. Just like that, walked away and left me standing there. Independent dealerships indeed, just no independent customers.

So, no hope indeed.

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't use Twitter, but has anyone tagged people like Jim Morrison, head of N.A. Jeep? He recently poked Ford in the ribs over the hard top debacle. Jeep could troll Ford big time over this.

"Jeep names Ford, 'Wrangler salesperson of the month'"​
"Ford copied our Wrangler in every way, except the 90-day delivery window"​
"Cancel a Bronco Reservation for $500 off your next Wrangler"​

I don't particularly like Jeep, but right now I'd take anything that works ... enemy of my enemy, and all of that.

Swampelina

Badlands
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has any dealer actually received dealer stock??

So far the only new Broncos I’ve seen for sale are the mannequin units or abandoned orders.
My dealer has 5 in stock. Haven't received any phone calls from them, just going by what I see on the lot and what they have for sale on their website.

Sponsored

wbrainbow

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"Thank you for calling Ford Bronco Marketing, but we are experiencing higher than expected call volume ..."

HAHAHA. I bet.

"... your call will be answered in the order it was received"

Ford Bronco #ReservationsoverAllocations 5D906FE0-1405-4BC0-83C7-83D8723BAD37

I finally got through. FYI, the direct line is 800-334-4375.

The lady was pleasant, and we talked for about 30 minutes. She was well informed and gave me a few company lines that I cordially eviscerated. By the end, she said that she thinks Ford really messed this up and will be giving my feedback to her supervisor. I don't think my call changed anything, but it's one more drip in the B6G water torture that Ford will feel for the next year+.

One point I made that seemed to hit home more than most: The early reservations are your enthusiasts. Ford must put a line in the sand and promise those customers a 2022 (whether it be day 2, 3, 5, 21 ...). Ford is working hard to drum support for not just a new vehicle, but a whole new brand. The worst thing they can do is push an enthusiast to 2023+. Ford will lose that money forever, and have several thousand 4Runner or Wrangler owners on the trails talking about how horrible their Bronco experience was.

I didn't even mention Granger, as this not about Granger. It's about every dealer that was willing to discuss price prior to the October dealer switch deadline. It just so happens that list is very small, but I focused my discussion around the two groups of dealers: those that would put a fair deal in writing, and those that would not.
your call will be answered in the order it was received but your order will be built when we feel like it.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The thing is, other than assuming the larger dealer will have more future allocations, you are still kind of flying blind. Unless the dealer is willing to divulge key info that goes into the calculation, which some dealers will not provide.

So you still could sign up with a new dealer, who unfortunately might already have a lot of reservations/orders, or not as many allocations as expected. That's one reason this process is such a kluge. I'd have to start researching dealer historical sales data to for sure identify the higher volume dealers, then try to find out how many reservations/orders the particular dealer already has, and then having to haggle for a decent price.

And then if the dealer seems not reliable/scammer or won't agree to a decent price, start the process over again with some other dealer. What a time waster, who want's to go through all that malarkey.

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I called 15 or so dealerships in MA, many were honest and told me upfront they were planning on charging ADM. Others were not willing to say but said it would likely be “market rate”.
somebody on this forum mentioned a very small dealer in CT about 45 minutes away who would do invoice pricing. I spoke to Jon Bowen and realized he was as excited about Broncos as I was, he is the admin of the largest Facebook Bronco page, has many group orders for larger discounts on catch cans, leveling kits, custom grills etc all to help keep costs down.
This dealership has been selling Fords since 1930 and is in the original location which is a former single gas pump service station. Real small town New England type stuff. Americana, what Ford used to represent.
I’ve owned 3 fords, my wife a former Mustang owner put in an order as well after I watched hours of YouTube videos. Now she’s already checked out, and all the enthusiasm I had built up over that past 3-4 years since the new Bronco was announced has wained.
#reservationsbeforeallocations

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The thing is, other than assuming the larger dealer will have more future allocations, you are still kind of flying blind. Unless the dealer is willing to divulge key info that goes into the calculation, which some dealers will not provide.

So you still could sign up with a new dealer, who unfortunately might already have a lot of reservations/orders, or not as many allocations as expected. That's one reason this process is such a kluge. I'd have to start researching dealer historical sales data to for sure identify the higher volume dealers, then try to find out how many reservations/orders the particular dealer already has, and then having to haggle for a decent price.

And then if the dealer seems not reliable/scammer or won't agree to a decent price, start the process over again with some other dealer. What a time waster, who want's to go through all that malarkey.
I talked to 3 local dealers in my SW Missouri area. None had any idea of the new allocation formula. All were at MSRP plus 499$ adm. I was #64 at Granger last April, no vin because of my build. I should make Grangers allocation but will I make the build cut.
Sponsored