Britney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
*dealership resolved this issue - back story in later posts*

To give you the short story, about a year ago my husband and I went into Damerow Ford (in Beaverton, Oregon) and ordered a Ford Bronco. We put a deposit down, signed a purchase agreement and were eventually assigned a VIN number tied directly to our name.

Fast forward to recent weeks, we were notified that our vehicle was finally being shipped and would arrive soon. We waited to hear from Damerow Ford about our vehicle but never got a call. Yesterday we contacted the dealership and asked if the car had arrived. Come to find out, they decided to sell it to someone else.

If you look into this, it is a big issue that is happening in the Ford community. Dealerships are not abiding to their agreements and selling cars out from underneath people who have put in custom orders. And, instead, selling them to other people at higher price points for their own personal gain.

Now, after waiting almost an ENTIRE year for the car. They provided us with no options other than to start the order process all over again.
Sponsored

Last edited:

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I get it, there are scummy dealerships all over the place and it sucks.

What I don't get is, why doesn't anyone pick up the phone and keep track of all this stuff? Especially when you get build dates, build emails. Just for my own sanity I'd be in contact with the dealership at least from the time I get a build date. Don't leave things to chance.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Contact Ford is your best bet. Tell them YOU ordered it and they never even contacted you when it arrived. Probably not going to help but thats seriously fucked up

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We're you one of their very early "$1,000 under invoice" reservations?

Tried to co tact them during that offer but never go so much as a returned call or email out of 8 attempts. After that they were on my no-go list, however, other locals have had good results from them.

wkaotp

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5, Sprinter 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Go order from Jim Schnell over at Northside Ford. About as great of a car buying experience I've ever had.

Sponsored

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To give you the short story, about a year ago my husband and I went into Damerow Ford (in Beaverton, Oregon) and ordered a Ford Bronco. We put a deposit down, signed a purchase agreement and were eventually assigned a VIN number tied directly to our name.

Fast forward to recent weeks, we were notified that our vehicle was finally being shipped and would arrive soon. We waited to hear from Damerow Ford about our vehicle but never got a call. Yesterday we contacted the dealership and asked if the car had arrived. Come to find out, they decided to sell it to someone else.

If you look into this, it is a big issue that is happening in the Ford community. Dealerships are not abiding to their agreements and selling cars out from underneath people who have put in custom orders. And, instead, selling them to other people at higher price points for their own personal gain.

Now, after waiting almost an ENTIRE year for the car. They provided us with no options other than to start the order process all over again.
what spec did you have ? I know a local dealer with a big bend and outer banks. They sold me my Badlands without any question on pricing and even took pics of it coming off the truck when it came in. They were amazing to deal with. You'd have to get it shipped or fly here(MN) and drive back but they have 2. The one is a big bend soft top in hot pepper red. they are asking over MSRP because its a dealer lot vehicle(not a customer order) but i'm sure that can be negotiated down. My sales guy is also the owners son and is a great dude to deal with

OP
OP

bs17892

Outer Banks
First Name
Britney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
what spec did you have ? I know a local dealer with a big bend and outer banks. They sold me my Badlands without any question on pricing and even took pics of it coming off the truck when it came in. They were amazing to deal with. You'd have to get it shipped or fly here(MN) and drive back but they have 2. The one is a big bend soft top in hot pepper red. they are asking over MSRP because its a dealer lot vehicle(not a customer order) but i'm sure that can be negotiated down. My sales guy is also the owners son and is a great dude to deal with
We ordered an Outer Banks in Cactus Grey. High package. 2.3 L. Modular bumper. Roof racks. None SAS. Can you share the link???

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We ordered an Outer Banks in Cactus Grey. High package. 2.3 L. Modular bumper. Roof racks. None SAS. Can you share the link???
i sent ya a DM with better details. I didn't post here because i can get you the sales guys personal number and i don't feel he would want it just floating around here

Sponsored

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry for your situation. I can't remember if I posted on this site or someone else, but I will never do business with Damerow.

My wife was looking for a new car when we moved up here and wanted a 4WD SUV, being the independent type, she went to the dealer lots on her own to check out the cars she was interested in. She went into Damerow, told a salesman she wanted to take an Explorer out for a test drive, he said he would be right back. 30 min later she went looking for him because he hadn't come back. She found him drinking a cup of coffee and when he saw her, his comment was "You're still here?"

She ended up going to Landmark Ford and bought the Explorer there. Those folks there are fantastic. So much so, that is where I bought my Bronco and it went great. Sold it to me at MSRP.

Ask for Griffin Murphy.

And for anyone else reading this thread, don't just walk past Damerow, run past it. Any place that treats women like that, you don't want to do business with them. That BS starts from the top down. It isn't just one bad salesperson.

OP
OP

bs17892

Outer Banks
First Name
Britney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry for your situation. I can't remember if I posted on this site or someone else, but I will never do business with Damerow.

My wife was looking for a new car when we moved up here and wanted a 4WD SUV, being the independent type, she went to the dealer lots on her own to check out the cars she was interested in. She went into Damerow, told a salesman she wanted to take an Explorer out for a test drive, he said he would be right back. 30 min later she went looking for him because he hadn't come back. She found him drinking a cup of coffee and when he saw her, his comment was "You're still here?"

She ended up going to Landmark Ford and bought the Explorer there. Those folks there are fantastic. So much so, that is where I bought my Bronco and it went great. Sold it to me at MSRP.

Ask for Griffin Murphy.

And for anyone else reading this thread, don't just walk past Damerow, run past it. Any place that treats women like that, you don't want to do business with them. That BS starts from the top down. It isn't just one bad salesperson.
Thank you SO much for sharing this story!! I am much like your wife - the independent type. I wish I heard this story sooner because any business that doesn't respect women is one I don't want to step foot in.

I have heard Landmark Ford a few times now after sharing this experience. We are at a loss right now and are trying to figure out what we want to do, but if we decide to proceed with Ford this will be a dealer we will consider!!!

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As "KillerPenz" said....I hope that/you should have stayed in touch with the Dealer/your Salesperson. I had great contact with mine over the entire 2 year wait. When finally scheduled, he called and told me (I was already aware) and from shipment to when the Semi pulled onto the lot....we communicated. (see photo, he sent this to me before the driver even offloaded it). WE have a responsibility to track our vehicle but so does the Dealership. All of that said; we bought a Ford Explorer from Damerow about 6 years ago and I vowed to never buy from them again. It was not a good experience. Sorry this happened to you. I would contact Ford HQ and I would leave terrible on-line reviews about Damerow every where I could. Maybe even picket their Dealership and ask them, "how many sales do you think you will lose for screwing over this customer?!"
Ford Bronco RESOLVED: ADD DAMEROW FORD TO BAD DEALER LIST Arrival

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ask for Griffin Murphy.

I have purchased several from Landmark. Good Dealership. 2 resent purchases (including Bronco) from Wilson in Corvallis....fantastic! We bought from Damerow 6 years ago...never again!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That bites. The waiting, aggravation and grief are not worth it. Consider a Wrangler, pop the top/doors, and have fun exploring. They are both comparable vehicles with similar functionality.

Maybe in a year or two, see if Bronco situation has settled down. You should have spent the last year+ having open top fun, don't miss out on another year waiting again!
Sponsored

Last edited: