Sponsored

[Resolved] "Vehicle's Modem is not responding to activation connection" per FordPass Customer Service

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Them damn 56k dialup modems! Someone needs to invent an upgrade.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mjopp

mjopp

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dropped off my Bronco at the dealer 10 minutes away from my place. Fingers crossed they work it out.

I had simular problem on mine,it was trying to activate on the wrong account,a call to fordpass got it all squared up.
Unfortunately direction from FordPass phone line was to take it to a dealer.

Have you checked to make sure it is on? Seems unlikely, but I'd double check to make sure it didn't get turned off somehow.

I don't have a Bronco, so I can't direct you towards to menu needed. But I've seen online that it can be turned on and off, so it's possible.
For the first few days I was actively checking each time that connected apps, vehicle WiFi, and everything was working before trying to activate.

Whats odd about this is dealers are suppose to do this before leaving the dealer.
We tried multiple times at the dealer with no luck. I could have had them figure it out there, but really wanted to wrap up purchasing the vehicle and drive it home.

What phone? Current firmware? We had a '21 F150 this happened to recently and it was software. Had to reinstall software from the server. First thing though is making sure the phone is compatible and has the latest update.
I'm using a Galaxy Note20 Ultra on Android 11, FordPass app is a fresh install and up to date on 3.27.0 from the Google Play store. I checked for updates on the head unit a couple of times and the vehicle reported back it was up to date each time.

sounds like a region lock. read some other places, like machE forum where the dealer resets TCU, does a flash and basically wastes some time... where the real issue is the car came off the line and region locked to Germany.

So suggest that they quickly look at region setting on your car and make sure its USA first. Then of course a free car wash and gas top off.

keep us posted!
I think I found the exact post you're talking about. I wasn't able to find a region setting on the truck from what I could see, but I asked the service advisor to check the region on the vehicle.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/unable-to-activate-vehicle-solved.4832/page-2#post-175074

Having the exact same problem, waiting on a call back from a Ford engineer after spending over an hour with support.
Best of luck, I had no success over the phone.

DudeBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2015 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@mjopp Did you hear anything back from the dealer today? I'm waiting on your outcome before I take mine in...Thanks!

OP
OP
mjopp

mjopp

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@mjopp Did you hear anything back from the dealer today? I'm waiting on your outcome before I take mine in...Thanks!
@DudeBronco good news, so far everything looks resolved for me! Service department disconnected the battery for 10 minutes, did a "reprogram" on the TCU, then pulled me over to activate the vehicle and it immediately prompted and activation was successful. Plaintext for reference:

"Verify customer concern, connect FDRS found no DTCs related to customers concern, connect to TPS run Oasis check for TSBs SSMs open WS manual go to symptom chart . Disconnect 12V battery for 10 minutes. Reprogram TCU module retest Ford Pass, OK after repair concern no longer present".

Less than 10 minutes after I activated I had 42k more FordPass points added to my account and put in a repair order for a set of door bags.

Hope that helps you out.

20210804_182118.jpg

Screenshot_20210804-173731_FordPass.jpg

Screenshot_20210804-182355_FordPass.jpg

Sponsored

DudeBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@mjopp Cool!! I’ll head there tomorrow armed with this info. Appreciate Ya!!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So the 42k points = $210 correct?

Some of the reason I'm not buying stuff BEFORE I get the Bronco.

DudeBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FYI for anyone else that has this issue...mine resolved on it's own. FordPass activation launched randomly this morning, one week after delivery.

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@DudeBronco good news, so far everything looks resolved for me! Service department disconnected the battery for 10 minutes, did a "reprogram" on the TCU, then pulled me over to activate the vehicle and it immediately prompted and activation was successful. Plaintext for reference:

"Verify customer concern, connect FDRS found no DTCs related to customers concern, connect to TPS run Oasis check for TSBs SSMs open WS manual go to symptom chart . Disconnect 12V battery for 10 minutes. Reprogram TCU module retest Ford Pass, OK after repair concern no longer present".

Less than 10 minutes after I activated I had 42k more FordPass points added to my account and put in a repair order for a set of door bags.

Hope that helps you out.

Ford Bronco [Resolved] "Vehicle's Modem is not responding to activation connection" per FordPass Customer Service Screenshot_20210804-182355_FordPass

Ford Bronco [Resolved] "Vehicle's Modem is not responding to activation connection" per FordPass Customer Service Screenshot_20210804-182355_FordPass

Thanks for this! Mine is having the same issue and I'll mention this solution to my dealer when I take it in tomorrow.

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hope that helps you out.

Guess this is what Ill do tomorrow. Tried every other possbile solution i could find. Sitll cant activate. Hopefully dealer can fix it.

Sponsored

nikkgmm

Badlands
First Name
Nikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had this issue with my new Bronco I picked up a couple days ago. Went through a lot of troubleshooting steps and finally got it to work. Being an engineer, I am pretty tenacious and tried a lot of things before getting it to function , including calling ford pass and working with one of their techs.
My Problem was that the modem didn't seem to be activating or turning on in the car, even after a Ford Pass reset or master reset. Instead of trying to find the modem and pulling the cable out of it, I just disconnected the battery for 10 minutes and opened the doors and pushed start to discharge all the power.

After 10 minutes I reconnected the positive terminal on the battery and went through the Ford Pass app process of adding the car cx again. This time it worked!

I successfully tested the Ford Pass Functionalities and am happy with the results. It's also worth noting that the disconnection of the battery didn't reset my settings / preferences.

flowingaway

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had this issue with my new Bronco I picked up a couple days ago. Went through a lot of troubleshooting steps and finally got it to work. Being an engineer, I am pretty tenacious and tried a lot of things before getting it to function , including calling ford pass and working with one of their techs.
My Problem was that the modem didn't seem to be activating or turning on in the car, even after a Ford Pass reset or master reset. Instead of trying to find the modem and pulling the cable out of it, I just disconnected the battery for 10 minutes and opened the doors and pushed start to discharge all the power.

After 10 minutes I reconnected the positive terminal on the battery and went through the Ford Pass app process of adding the car cx again. This time it worked!

I successfully tested the Ford Pass Functionalities and am happy with the results. It's also worth noting that the disconnection of the battery didn't reset my settings / preferences.
Thank you for this. I did exactly this and resolved the issue.

JulieT

Badlands
First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ford Explorer, 23 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford pass initially activated at the dealership and worked fine for a couple of weeks and then quit working. Could not lock, unlock or remote start and vehicle info would not update. Removed vehicle from app and reset FordPass in the vehicle and was unable to reactivate. Contacted customer assistance, they tried to have us check our connected vehicle features but we just got the spinning wheel and then it would back out and not let us view connected vehicle features. Customer service rep put us on hold for a while and then came back and said they are working on an update to fix this issue and it should be available in February. Ended up also doing a master reset which didn’t help. Attempted to connect Wi-Fi and realized the modem is not responding to anything. Read about disconnecting battery cable in this post and decided to try. Disconnected negative battery cable, opened door and pressed start button and left battery disconnected for 15 minutes. Reconnected battery and was able to successfully reactivate ford pass and everything is now working great!! Thanks for the info!

Elmosaurus

Badlands
First Name
Elton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco 2dr BL & ‘22 Ranger SCrew Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, the solution was literally to unplug it, wait, and plug it back in?.... :unsure:

Alvis007

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2023
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So, the solution was literally to unplug it, wait, and plug it back in?.... :unsure:
The only fix to this is resetting your modem by disconnecting it from power. You can do this either by pulling fuse #20 on drivers side fuse panel ( which I suggest getting a fuse remover/tweezer because mini fuse is pretty hard to come out ) or by disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes.

This has happened to me 3 times with little less than 1k miles on my Big Bend. Supposedly Ford is aware of this problem and will send out an update who knows when.
Sponsored