Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm a big believer of getting what you want. But is the Sasquatch package worth the coin that Ford is charging? I'm not sure and if you're mechanically inclined I'm sure its not that difficult to add that later.
I think the cost is good for factory installed/warranty.

Reality is 95%+ will never need SAS or BL features. It is really specs/capabilities vs actual application.

I say do what makes you happy and you can afford.
Sponsored

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's complicated because the 33's on the stock BL, and the increased articulation they afford, means the BL is probably the "most capable" factory Bronco...

...but if the buyer of that BL is intending to go to 35's, because they value either the higher ground clearance, the larger tire patch, aesthetic differences, or all three, then the additional $2500 for the Sas on the BL gets you:

5x 35" Tires
5x wider rims with the +30mm offset
Higher diff gearing
Slight lift to allow the 35s to articulate.

So, yes, it's "pointless" to sas the BL if you want the "most capable" Bronco... unless your definition of "most capable" differs from others, in which the $2500 is a *steal* compared to doing it yourself after delivery... but then again, if you don't like the specific wheels and tires Ford supplies on the Sas, then it's pointless to Sas a BL since you'll spend more money that way buying those items twice... but maybe it's worth it to "rent" the Ford supplied items until the aftermarket availability catches up...

All that is the long-winded way of saying: There's no way to say unequivocally whether Sas is "worth it" without breaking down each buyer's motivations and intentions.
This is very helpful!