Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
I forked up...I forked up bad.

I told my wife that I could be persuaded to go for a 4-door with the soft top as long as I still had a manual and she said "what about a 2-door but automatic?"

She's outflanking me! Help!

1395cV7aUaBhlK.gif
You're screwed.
She was already 2 steps ahead when you tried the 4D gambit.
Sponsored

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I said "hard enough" in the sense that you'd benefit from the short wheelbase of the 2-door.

I'm sure many will get used.

I plan on using mine on light trails and fire roads just like I do my 4Runner that I'm going to give to my dad when the Bronc comes in.

And the Sasquatch package will hopefully save me the headache of dialing in an aftermarket lift on a new platform.

Hank 615

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't stutter...??.

We're a polyam family. The three of us adults, our combined 7 kids, 4 dogs, 4 cats, a snake and a bearded dragon. It's never boring around our place.
Damn that's three Broncos right there

Marrowthirst

Badlands
First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler, 2006 Hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I originally was going to get a 4 door. I actually changed my mind and am determined to get a two-door.

Sponsored

spyderman01

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don’t do it man. In AZ, campgrounds that have plugs are like KOAs or in the RV section of private campgrounds... We have so much great dispersed camping and national forest sites it seems wrong to even think of doing that. Just go higher up in the summer and lower in the winter -always nice weather someplace in the state.
We have a lot of state parks here that have them. Some are still isolated but some are not. But how else do you camp in FL in the summer. Winter time it's ok, but then you have to plan a year out to get a good site. I would consider a RTT for winter trips and maybe tow a bike with me to get around. The RTT would be good for some of the quick overnights in the everglades, so hoping that one will be available for the 2 door.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I learned how to drive on a MT. My uncle took me to HS parking lot on a Saturday with a hot cup of coffee. Allowed me to get a feel for the sweet spot on the clutch, then he introduced the coffee. Simply said, "Don't spill and you'll be fine."

I wouldn't mind getting the MT. But #1 and #3 are the reasons why I won't. Because I keep my rides for a long time, #3 has me the most concerned.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd love to have a 2 door, but the reality is we still have one kid at home that does club volleyball and we travel for that and need space for bags and coolers and other kids.

Wife and I also do couples dates and at almost 50, none of the friends are going to want to crawl into the back of a 2 door.

Plus, the 4 door should give a better on road ride and more stability off-road.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Somebody asked me why I was getting a two-door. My response, without even thinking about it: "Because they're not making a one-door."

Sponsored

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As they say - Choose wisely. 2 doors are great but they do impart some constraints if you're going to use as a daily at all. My wife always wanted a "Jeep", you now the proto-typical old CJ, lifted etc. Well, as it was also going to be her daily, it wasn't practical to get an old one to fix up right, so we got her a JK. I had gone with the assumption she would want a 4 door, but no she was adamant she only wanted a 2 door, kids were out of the house and she was done hauling people around...Within the year, one of the kids, along with husband and in process grandson, moved back in. Also she moved her 85+ mother in too. Her days were filled from that point with shuffling car seats, walkers, wheel chairs, etc. into and out of that 2 door.

That being said, she uses that Jeep off-road all the time, used it to compete in the Rebelle Rally last year (look it up, just starting today). We also used it to do the Alcan 5000 rally earlier this year, 5000 miles up to the Arctic Ocean and down to Anchorage in winter, all in 10 days.

Living with a 2 door can be done easily, you just have to be adaptable for daily use.

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me I watched some of Ford's videos where they had pre production models out on the rocks, the 4-door scraped the frame or rock rails on everything. I get that jeep guys and Land Cruiser guys have been doing it for a long time, but I am single, no kids, no dogs, and I would rather have the better looking, more affordable, and better offroad rig. I will either wait for an aftermarket option or make my own, but I intend to delete the rear seats and make a flat floor setup for the trunk so that I have a huge useable space for cargo, on top of that I am perfectly happy being more minimalist and not taking as many creature comforts when I go camping.

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd love to have a 2 door, but the reality is we still have one kid at home that does club volleyball and we travel for that and need space for bags and coolers and other kids.

Wife and I also do couples dates and at almost 50, none of the friends are going to want to crawl into the back of a 2 door.

Plus, the 4 door should give a better on road ride and more stability off-road.
Take the other vehicle
Sponsored