mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know. I wanted to see how many people read the article until the end since everyone is going crazy in here haha!

I always check the story date since websites tend to constantly recycle old shit. The Ford Authority Maverick convertible was another one that some guys totally believed, lol!
Sponsored

Southern62

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Heh... I don't even know if Outer Banks has the lowest take rate for 2-door. I'm guessing it's either Outer Banks or Wildtrak, but who knows.

I do know the Sahara trim on the Jeep Wrangler isn't offered in 2-door, probably because it's the "family mall crawler" trim. And as you said, the Outer Banks trim is essentially the equivalent mall-crawler trim. BUT... you can get Sasquatch on any Bronco trim, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was a good chunk of people who went after Outer Banks specifically for the Roast interior.

So... šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Roast cloth was a big bonus! I am going to get 17 inch wheels and 33s this year, so it can go over curbs at the mall! I really hate the stock wheels...

1976BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
MIKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 BRONCO, 89GRANDWAGONEER, 2014WRANGLER, 07FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely no. Might as well hand those sales to Jeep. 2door buyers arenā€™t going to switch to 4door.
Would never even enter my mind to get the 4 door. Been driving a Bronco my entire adult life (Im 61 years old) The 2 door legitimizes the 4 door. They will never stop making it.

MI_Chris

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Explorer, Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I really hope Ford stays committed to it.

I love mine, and Iā€™d like to get another once they do a refresh in a few years, but I realize the demand may not justify it.

Curious what you folks thinkā€¦

I ordered a 2 door. I donā€™t want or need the extra space. While I believe a real bronco is a 2 door,( kinda a self admitted purist) I would never fault anyone who bought a 4 door for the extra space.

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any chance I get my wish and Ford produces a 2 Dr Bronco Raptor?
If they made one Iā€™d buy it! After lots of work my 2 door out performs our Braptor. Itā€™s wider, shorter, and lighter.

Sponsored

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have no idea whatā€™s going to happen but I saw this article alluding to the elimination of the 2 door wrangler. That would mean Ford could capture that market easily or theyā€™ll follow suit and kill the 2 door Bronco.
They got you hook line and sinker.

The only thing that will kill the 2 door is the federal government and CAFE regulations. It's not going anywhere if Ford has its way.

OP
OP
RELEGATION BATTLE

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ordered a 2 door. I donā€™t want or need the extra space. While I believe a real bronco is a 2 door,( kinda a self admitted purist) I would never fault anyone who bought a 4 door for the extra space.
What part of MI?

BurtMacklin

Outer Banks
First Name
AMS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB 4 DR / 22 F150 / 23 OBX 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As a current owner of a 4DR and a future owner of a 2DR- I think that no matter the door count, itā€™s still the coolest looking thing on the road. So enjoy what you bought.
But no, I donā€™t think Ford will eliminate the 2DR, theyā€™d be insane to do so. Then again, Ford never ceases to disappoint.

skiptheroad

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They got you hook line and sinker.

The only thing that will kill the 2 door is the federal government and CAFE regulations. It's not going anywhere if Ford has its way.
Many people don't understand how CAFE regulatons effect what products auto manufacturers produce. It is currently a convoluted set of rules that favor larger vehicles. It is what led to the demise of the station wagon, short wheel base pickup trucks, and recently sedans in the North American automotive market. It is the reason Jeep limits production of the 2 door Wrangler. The Wranglers tiny wheelbase kills Jeeps CAFE. I suspect that the same is true for the 2 door Bronco. It really has little to do with so called "take rates". Jeep has to sell many more long wheelbase JLU's than the 2 door. CAFE is one of the reasons why Jeep introduced the very long Gladiator, Grand Cherokee L, Wagoner, and Wagoner L.

This article, from 2012, does a good job at explaining how CAFE regulations affect consumer choice?

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2012/10/how-cafe-killed-compact-trucks-and-station-wagons/

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Many people don't understand how CAFE regulatons effect what products auto manufacturers produce. It is currently a convoluted set of rules that favor larger vehicles. It is what led to the demise of the station wagon, short wheel base pickup trucks, and recently sedans in the North American automotive market. It is the reason Jeep limits production of the 2 door Wrangler. The Wranglers tiny wheelbase kills Jeeps CAFE. I suspect that the same is true for the 2 door Bronco. It really has little to do with so called "take rates". Jeep has to sell many more long wheelbase JLU's than the 2 door. CAFE is one of the reasons why Jeep introduced the very long Gladiator, Grand Cherokee L, Wagoner, and Wagoner L.

This article, from 2012, does a good job at explaining how CAFE regulations affect consumer choice?

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2012/10/how-cafe-killed-compact-trucks-and-station-wagons/
Interesting, I hadn't thought about that angle, how CAFE regulations can disincentivize building smaller vehicles. :(

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Interesting, I hadn't thought about that angle, how CAFE regulations can disincentivize building smaller vehicles. :(
Government ruining our lives again!

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Government ruining our lives again!
government never judges itself on its results, only intentions. "we decided to force automakers to build tiny cars nobody likes. Not our fault the plan didn't work"

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No. If the Wrangler still offers the 2 door I see little chance Ford would cancel it.
Sponsored