Sponsored

Rumormill fullsize bronco in the future.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford needs to leave the Explorer and Expedition in their kid-hauler class and create a Bronco MAX, axing the Expedition Max, that is an updated Excursion based off of the Super Duty chassis with the 7.3 Godzilla and the Diesel for big boat haulin', family vacation, bro-dozing goodness!

GM just has that area smothered in Suburbans.
You nailed it, thats exactly what we need. I love my 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel, but Im kind of over diesel. Just give me that 7.3L Godzilla gasser! Doesnt have to have a solid front axle, Im ok with IFS. Make sure it has a big sunroof, and even better a removable section over the rear like the old Centurion! And Captains Chairs in the second row!

Ford Bronco Rumormill fullsize bronco in the future. b0cb211debdb6714af2c04cec18cff57
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Id love base type model sasquatch 2 door full size with almost the same length as the 4 door but wider. Sell it for 45k base squatch and id be in for sure. While they are at it bring back a modern I beam type setup. Removable top or atleast giant sliding cloth roof.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You nailed it, thats exactly what we need. I love my 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel, but Im kind of over diesel. Just give me that 7.3L Godzilla gasser! Doesnt have to have a solid front axle, Im ok with IFS. Make sure it has a big sunroof, and even better a removable section over the rear like the old Centurion! And Captains Chairs in the second row!

Ford Bronco Rumormill fullsize bronco in the future. b0cb211debdb6714af2c04cec18cff57
You dont even know how long ive wanted a centurion!

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tied to that, I have seen a 6-door Excursion running around here. Had to a double take to be sure that was what I saw...

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The pinnacle of autonautical design theory! Perfect marriage of classic Econoline and mother f'ng party boat!
Ford Bronco Rumormill fullsize bronco in the future. 93e3d2d950d398c461f0770d13ff600f

Imagine if there was a jetski that came out of the back of the boat and had one of those waterjet packs!

Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't see it happening, they could always just bring the expedition back.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The pinnacle of autonautical design theory! Perfect marriage of classic Econoline and mother f'ng party boat!
93e3d2d950d398c461f0770d13ff600f.jpg

Imagine if there was a jetski that came out of the back of the boat and had one of those waterjet packs!

JW55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That I don't get and I don't think I ever will lol. I have never understood the appeal of a full size SUV with two doors lol.
I've never owned a 4 door vehicle and don't ever plan on buying one. They cost more, have more parts to potentially break and don't provide any functionality I need. I don't ever carry more than one passenger so I don't need 4 doors. I've owned a K-5 Blazer and a K-5 Jimmy and the back seats in both were removed so I could carry more hunting gear, tools, lumber or whatever.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe they should just drop the Expedition and the Explorer entirely and replace all their SUVs with different versions of the Bronco.

Add a 2 door and 4 door based off the F150, add a high performance Raptor version, then make a Bronco XL based off the Super Duty.

Broncos for everyone!

The "Bronco" brandname is a money-maker. "Expedition"? Meh.

Ford needs to find a way to cut into that market share of all those Yukons and Tahoes and Suburbans everywhere.
It will or would be hard for Ford to do that since the Expedition doesn't have V8 compared to the Yukons, Tahoes and Suburbans. Maybe since the Excursion would be on the heavy duty platform, Ford would offer their V8 options. But there could be a chance it's either hybrid only or a full electric option.

They could do anything with it at this point and we're years away from even seeing test mules or prototypes running around. Ford recently re-filed the trademark name for Excursion which could mean they're planning on using the name or just keeping the name out of the competitions hands.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't see it happening, they could always just bring the expedition back.
You mean the Excursion? Yeah, thats what we are saying, bring the Excursion back and call it a Bronco Max or something.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

While I think a full-sized Bronco would be pretty awesome to a point, I think the 6G Bronco is exactly what it should be. What we have right now with the current generation is a true unadulterated Bronco that captures the spirit of what the original was. Something to think about as well is a full-sized Bronco SUV would be extremely limited in its offroad potential simply because of its size. It wouldn't fit through or in many of the places that the 6G will be able to go. I'll say it, I like the look of the full-sized Bronco rendering, but I think it loses a bit of its utility in the process. It would eventually become just another SUV on the market much like the Explorer, Tahoe, or Suburban and I think the Bronco deserves better than that.
Sponsored