First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This doesnā€™t surprise me since they are offering a hybrid and soon to be full electric.

I have owned numerous diesel vehicles, currently daily drive a 21 Chevy 1500 diesel, and have purchased four more of the chevy 1500 diesels on behalf of the company. Chevy is incentivizing their diesels (and 2.7L turbo gas) right now to meet cafe standards fleet wide, so they only cost $1000 more than the V8. Fuel economy is excellent, Iā€™m averaging 26 mpg since new and I tow something weekly. Unfortunately these trucks are extremely complex and Iā€™d never own any new diesel out of warranty.

OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This doesnā€™t surprise me since they are offering a hybrid and soon to be full electric.

I have owned numerous diesel vehicles, currently daily drive a 21 Chevy 1500 diesel, and have purchased four more of the chevy 1500 diesels on behalf of the company. Chevy is incentivizing their diesels (and 2.7L turbo gas) right now to meet cafe standards fleet wide, so they only cost $1000 more than the V8. Fuel economy is excellent, Iā€™m averaging 26 mpg since new and I tow something weekly. Unfortunately these trucks are extremely complex and Iā€™d never own any new diesel out of warranty.
If they offer a hybrid that will tow 3500 lbs I will consider it (the new Maverick hybrid will only tow 2k). I would also consider the diesel if hwy fuel economy was good like yours.
Like you I have had 5 PSD's but never kept any out of warranty, but then again I didn't have any trouble except the 6.0...
Now my John Deere diesels I have kept some for as long as 15 years and no issues

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they offer a hybrid that will tow 3500 lbs I will consider it (the new Maverick hybrid will only tow 2k). I would also consider the diesel if hwy fuel economy was good like yours.
Like you I have had 5 PSD's but never kept any out of warranty, but then again I didn't have any trouble except the 6.0...
Now my John Deere diesels I have kept some for as long as 15 years and no issues
I was referring to the F-150 with the hybrid and soon to be full electric, I have no idea about the Broncoā€™s future setups. A diesel for the Bronco could be a 2.0L, something with 200 hp and 350 tq with a 10 speed would get the job done and probably touch 30 mpg.

I wouldnā€™t hesitate to keep a pre 2007 diesel out of warranty, before the EPA ruined them. My buddy had a 2005 F-250 6.0 that he drove to 350K miles with limited issues after the bulletproofing mods were done. I had my 2006 Cummins truck from 2008-2020, probably the best truck Iā€™ve ever owned. Fortunately I made it to the sale date without ever touching an injector or the transmission. That looming $10K in potential repairs was one of the justifications for selling it.

My truck is hitting 30 on open highway. I towed a mini skid steer on a tilt deck trailer (8K) last week and was showing 18 mpg on a 75 mile trip. The laborer diesels at work are averaging 23.5 mpg loaded to the gills with masonry tools in bedside mounted boxes, new V8 gas trucks with the same boxes and load are averaging 14.1 mpg.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, while I can appreciate the torque of a diesel, I always hated the sound & the fuel. And with the new diesels always having to pour pig piss (DEF) in it, no thanks. šŸ˜

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would love a diesel option, but the EPA has ruined them for most owners because all the extra emissions equipment it to expensive to fix.

Hetting hit with a multi-thousand dollar repair inside of 200k is ridiculous.

OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TFL Trucks confirmed that is in indeed gone for the F150. Ford says the new powerboost and ecoboosts were the majority of sales. Now we can hope for a hybrid that can tow more than 2k lbs that the Maverick can
Sponsored